The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Imperial said:

May 26 preorder date? On main GW site i found this 

HeaderStripBanner-ENG.jpg

No it’s because of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force on 25th May. All EU citizens are protected by it and have to opt in to be contacted by companies.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

No it’s because of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force on 25th May. All EU citizens are protected by it and have to opt in to be contacted by companies.

Ah! Thx for info! 

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

And thousands of tech workers roll their eyes and look at the release calendars for the past month with a sigh.

(I agree with gdpr as a consumer though!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, syph0n said:

Why not just use the High Elf rules? I'm guessing you're not running a mixed order list? I purposely built a list around just the minimal battleline Darkshards/Spears, bubble wrap for Hydra or whatever for what essentially is a Order Serpentis list. 

I wonder if the Stormcast one is as cheap however! 

Aren't High Elf bolt throwers compendium units? I'm slowly repainting and rebasing some of my old corsairs to round bases and it'd be nice to end up with 1000 or 1500 points of pure Scourge Privateers, just for fluff reasons.  As far as I've understood, compendium units are only use-able if you go for an order-allegiance. Plus if Legends is any indication then the High Elf bolt thrower will also be gone.

Also while it's not visible on the photo of the new double Azyrite ruins, I wonder if rumour engine #6 will be one of the panels.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AngiesArmies said:

Aren't High Elf bolt throwers compendium units? I'm slowly repainting and rebasing some of my old corsairs to round bases and it'd be nice to end up with 1000 or 1500 points of pure Scourge Privateers, just for fluff reasons.  As far as I've understood, compendium units are only use-able if you go for an order-allegiance. Plus if Legends is any indication then the High Elf bolt thrower will also be gone.

Also while it's not visible on the photo of the new double Azyrite ruins, I wonder if rumour engine #6 will be one of the panels.

Yeah Highborn are Compendium if I remember. That's why I wondered if you were running Order or a rebranded Dark Aelf list. That's a good point High Elves going Legends. Wonder who's next to be Legend-ified! 

Thats an astonishing piece of artwork, kudos to the artist, wouldn't mind getting a print of that. 

I'm seeing 2-3 Darkoath in that image clearly, and at this point I think it'll be more a case of when rather than if we'll see some Darkoath (Night haunt makes me foolishly hopeful). Hope they're as detailed and somewhat macarbe  as the new stuff we've seen. Wouldn't mind seeing some more scarred/partially tainted marauder types rather than the He-Man and wonder woman inspired barbarians. Everyone in the realms surely can't be a looker, but that's just my subjective taste in Chaos. 

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah, that's either a female Bloodbound or Darkoath, or a variation on the Warqueen theme. 

That is neither, also : new Freeguild facing those Chaos knights ?

ASO V2 Normal Humans ?.png

I really do hope so. I like bare chested barbarians as much as the next guy who has watched Conan The Barbarian endlessly, but I think some properly armoured soldiers would be great.

Also, what I like about those guys look is that they look high fantasy, entirely in keeping with the foe they face, but also broad enough that with a few changes you could really make them your own. I.e. put on a Skitarii helmet, Khardron backpack and you have a Chamon army; give them mad flagellant heads and fur and you have a Ghur or Ghyran army; stick skulls all over them and you have a Shyish army.

11 hours ago, sorokyl said:

So, I saw this today:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiucCunHu7Y/?taken-by=savage_ork_guy

She says it's age of sigmar and implies that she painted it months ago under NDA or something but was on display at Warhammer Fest.   

New moonclan model, right?

Capture.PNG

I believe this is a legitimate slip-up by her. "Can finally post it" - if it's been out for years, why couldn't you post it whenever you wanted? "When he is up on the webstore" - he is already up on the webstore, just the Forge World one, and it's already painted. She's on the FW team so it's likely she'd know that.

I am guessing by webstore she means the main GW webstore, thus I see this as a likely plastic Colossal Squig kit. It's an essential part of the army and a good model to boot, so it seems to be a viable candidate for a plastic re-release.

15 minutes ago, klggor1 said:

I believe this is a legitimate slip-up by her. "Can finally post it" - if it's been out for years, why couldn't you post it whenever you wanted? "When he is up on the webstore" - he is already up on the webstore, just the Forge World one, and it's already painted. She's on the FW team so it's likely she'd know that.

I am guessing by webstore she means the main GW webstore, thus I see this as a likely plastic Colossal Squig kit. It's an essential part of the army and a good model to boot, so it seems to be a viable candidate for a plastic re-release.

"Can Finally post it" can be more about "Now that I painted I can finally post it", I do that a lot. 

I'm all for a Colossal Squig in plastic but it can be just a person who finally painted the WF on and can show it finished (and we are just over hyping it and seeing things where there are none). FW don't has full painted kits on the item's gallery (not in all of them at least), she could even be painting it for that, explaining the "when he is up on the webstore" thing

Possibly she's simply painting it for a new image on the FW webstore? Currently the colossal squig is advertised with a square base, could use an AoS-targeted update. Making it red would also bring it into line with the FW squig gobba and (presumably?) whatever squiggly beasts accompany the new moonclan releases.

This is at the crossroads of 'watch what certain painters are doing for hints of new releases' and 'watch what FW is doing to tie in with main GW releases'.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dragobeth said:

"Can Finally post it" can be more about "Now that I painted I can finally post it", I do that a lot. 

I'm all for a Colossal Squig in plastic but it can be just a person who finally painted the WF on and can show it finished (and we are just over hyping it and seeing things where there are none). FW don't has full painted kits on the item's gallery (not in all of them at least), she could even be painting it for that, explaining the "when he is up on the webstore" thing

Yeah, I think this is the case. The current colossal squig is still on a rectangle base, so this us just and updated paint job on a round.  Even if they did do a colossal squig in plastic, it wouldn't be the exact same design as the FW one. But we can do fun conjecture and rumormongering like they're redoing featured paint jobs on rounds because AoS second edition is going to require round bases and GW is going to start packing circle bases with anything.

12 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

May15-RumourEngine4vbgk.jpg

Well, there it is, the first certain image of slaanesh stuff. Or rough trader 

Agreed, there are a few claw looking things to be found in the Rogue Trader stuff, but does also look like it could be pretty slaneshi. Maybe even Tyranid, even though that seems less likely.

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Slaanesh.

I've checked the Rogue traders leaks again it's not the same style (it lacks "scales). Too ornate to be tyrannid, IMO. 

And the highlight paint looks really light, 99% sure it's Slaaneshi.

Where is @LLV when we need him to confirm such a juicy stuff ;) Slaanesh is coming, rejoice, time for some #PainAndPleasure

• Thanks 1