The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

A bit unrelated to any of the discussions here right now, but there's been one thing bugging me for a while, and I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything at all on the subject.

Monstrous Arcanum, friends. All those FW models that disappeared without even as much as a whimper. When GW retires Citadel kits, they now tend to give us heads up, we get a chance to stock up on things we want for the sake of collecting but we're also forewarned that certain warscrolls will be axed from the game.

I don't think that happened with the FW AoS monsters, they just simply disappeared from the store and have not been folded in into the army battletomes. So what happens now with the Mournguls, Colossal Squigs etc? They haven't even reappeared in Legends as far as I can tell.

Apologies if this actually has been addressed and I'm just having a senior moment.

All the warscrolls are still on the app. 

While they probably won't be allowed in tournaments, there is nothing stopping you using them at home or club. 

I'll talk to your opponent first but I can't see anyone having an issue with them. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

All the warscrolls are still on the app. 

While they probably won't be allowed in tournaments, there is nothing stopping you using them at home or club. 

I'll talk to your opponent first but I can't see anyone having an issue with them. 

Nothing's stopping me from  using anything in a friendly game as long as my opponent agrees, that's not the issue here. But we all like to some extent at least, to respect what's 'official', and once units lose their pitched battle profiles, they're out. Which happens, I get it. My question was, do we know they're out? Have there been any rumours that at least some of them might be getting brought back in under Citadel banner, or is that it? Once FW stopped making them, they're gone forever?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Nothing's stopping me from  using anything in a friendly game as long as my opponent agrees, that's not the issue here. But we all like to some extent at least, to respect what's 'official', and once units lose their pitched battle profiles, they're out. Which happens, I get it. My question was, do we know they're out? Have there been any rumours that at least some of them might be getting brought back in under Citadel banner, or is that it? Once FW stopped making them, they're gone forever?

But they haven't lost their pitched battle profiles, they are all on the app. 

I think the models are gone forever sadly tho, the only glimmer of hope is if they return for The Old World. 

FW seems to be in the middle of rebranding and will be instresting to see what happens when TOW is released. 

Books deployed! 

6tqQdDvZoQBSKXde.jpg

iHZpgPlkOFCNP9sa.jpg

Most duardin of the sky-ports can recite swathes of the Code verbatim – but few can navigate its treacherous legal landscape and scrupulously strict syntax as completely as the Codewright.

Armed with a personal library of lofty texts hoisted on mechanical arms, these book-smart battle-boffins can unravel the ramifications of seemingly innocuous addendums and errata. They are quite literal rules lawyers, eager to convince everyone else that their interpretation of the Code is the right one.

In battle, Codewrights use their knowledge to find loopholes that’ll increase everyone’s shares. Not a day goes by that a Codewright doesn’t Search for Precedent and pipe up with “I Think You’ll Find…” allowing their Admiral to pursue a course that less-informed rivals might consider dodgy.

D3Owz1MNLeMCfDlO.jpg

This vexatious pedantry allows Codewrights to unlock new tactics on the fly, swapping out the bonuses granted to each Kharadron Overlords army by its interpretation of the Code. A fleet that adheres to the footnote There’s No Reward Without Risk can attempt an 18″ charge once per battle – particularly helpful for ramming actions with a Frigate.

With a Codewright to hand, you can swap out that expired footnote for Without Our Ships, We Are Naught, allowing you to grant one SKYVESSEL two commands in a single phase, once per battle. Ever wanted your Ironclad to launch an All-Out Attack and an All-Out Defence at the same time? Or perhaps you’d prefer the new Iron Sky Command Abilities…

WxJWlceodLpApIY7.jpg

WwnpT76deABZGnsZ.jpg

I like the presence of the vampire bats on the cover, what with it presumably being a somewhat paired release with SBGL.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

Look at that dudeeeeeeeeeeeee, so many books!!! I'm really excited!!!

Some interesting things:

• The Code still has footnotes and amendments! Maybe Articles are going to be the main abilities for subfactions. 
  • Ramming action for ships? Not sure if that's what the article says, but maybe they are "Monstruous Rampage" for ships?
  • He reminds me of a Logisticator from the Overlords of the Iron Dragon.

Argh! I can't wait!

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 8

26 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Books deployed! 

6tqQdDvZoQBSKXde.jpg

iHZpgPlkOFCNP9sa.jpg

D3Owz1MNLeMCfDlO.jpg

WxJWlceodLpApIY7.jpg

WwnpT76deABZGnsZ.jpg

I like the presence of the vampire bats on the cover, what with it presumably being a somewhat paired release with SBGL.

I love everything about this release! Despite my namesake and current army lists, the Kharadron Overlords were the first faction that got me into AOS (I still buy every Battletome, despite not playing them). Now I'm gonna have to justify picking up a new army and that literal rules-lawyer in a way that fits my armies personal fluff. Probably an exchange mission to learn about LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!!

• Like 3

I'm not sure that KO were necessarily in need of another infantry hero, but a battle lawyer is a pretty fun and appropriate thing to exist in the faction, so I'm not complaining too loudly, and the model is very nice.

Obviously the single hero releases are probably the easiest to produce, but I do wonder if we might eventually see a pivot towards small units as the single kit battletome update releases, there are plenty of factions who have a glut of small heroes but would welcome a 3-5 model gap filler unit.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Lucentia said:

I'm not sure that KO were necessarily in need of another infantry hero, but a battle lawyer is a pretty fun and appropriate thing to exist in the faction, so I'm not complaining too loudly, and the model is very nice.

Obviously the single hero releases are probably the easiest to produce, but I do wonder if we might eventually see a pivot towards small units as the single kit battletome update releases, there are plenty of factions who have a glut of small heroes but would welcome a 3-5 model gap filler unit.

I do wonder if they will start using Warcry to fill those needs more. It isn't hard to make a 8~12 models unit for warcry, which would leave cavalry and other more elite units to be released with battletomes.

27 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

GW need to hire you to name their new heroes, cause you're surprisingly close with this.

To be fair Code-something was a pretty safe beat 😄

44 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Ramming action for ships? Not sure if that's what the article says, but maybe they are "Monstruous Rampage" for ships?

Maybe the Endrinworks stay as special enchantments, there are a couple that triggered on the charge.

• Like 3

I love it.
It embodies perfectly the legalistic way of the KO (i'd also would have loved a Grudgekeeper but ths fits more the idea behind their culture) and the models is showing some things i'd love to see for their new models like the unmasked face and the "power steam armor".
I'm still bummed about the "no other models for you"though...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Books deployed! 

6tqQdDvZoQBSKXde.jpg

iHZpgPlkOFCNP9sa.jpg

D3Owz1MNLeMCfDlO.jpg

WxJWlceodLpApIY7.jpg

WwnpT76deABZGnsZ.jpg

I have been summoned! 

Love the new hero but upset we fell into the "hero and that's it" group this edition... even if it was to be expected at this point.  Glad we got new art for the battletome though.

It's all well tho for me, this long beard already blew his annual hobby funds (and then some!) on a whole League of Votann army that happens to include every kit released so far. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1