The Rumour Thread

Oh man, truly brilliant mini… but concerned that this is a limited edition job and not an actual new character or whatever. It seems to account for most of the rumour engine images that could be FEC but without necessarily indicating a range expansion to a faction that so badly needs it…

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

Oh man, truly brilliant mini… but concerned that this is a limited edition job and not an actual new character or whatever. It seems to account for most of the rumour engine images that could be FEC but without necessarily indicating a range expansion to a faction that so badly needs it…

Yeah that is a bit of a concern. It's a strange choice for a limited edition mini. The one piece of solace is that those limited edition imperial guard did eventually lead to a wider release. Here's hoping the same is true for  the FEC. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Exactly why isn't this an actual FEC release? Its not like it has any special christmas/new years decorations.

• Like 1

Nice model, certainly, limited release is a little strange/concerning, as others have mentioned.

Interesting that they call him a ghoul king, but he looks to be on a 40mm base whilst the current king is on a 32, could be a copy mistake/typo and he's designed as an alternate Archregent on a 40, I suppose.

Edited by Lucentia

25 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Yeah that is a bit of a concern. It's a strange choice for a limited edition mini. The one piece of solace is that those limited edition imperial guard did eventually lead to a wider release. Here's hoping the same is true for  the FEC. 

The limited edition Guard were a completely different Regiment to what we got in the wider release though. So maybe there’s a big Soulblight release coming…

Very odd that they mention him as a one off and a great addition to a FEC diorama.....

This model makes me want to collect and play FEC. Hoping this is a sign of what is to come. Just the face on him looks so much more badass than the others. Not that they need a refresh, but they could easily use 3-4 new kits. 

• LOVE IT! 1

I think its a shame that the new ghoul is limited edition, but at the same time I really hope its an insight into the style that GW is going to do for reworking flesheaters and adding to their range. This is the perfect blend of the nightmarish ghoul and their insanity. It plays to the idea of a ghoul who sees itself as a noble king far more so than most of their range where they just look like regular ghouls. 

A ghoul update is also really exciting to think one might be on the horizon because they only really have 1 boxed set right now so if that gets reworked it doesn't just mean new ghouls - it means new zombiedragon set!!

Also don't forget its exclusive but its also going for sale on the GW website too so everyone should have a fair chance to grab it 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

THIS MAKES ME WANT TO COLLECT FEC!! PLEASE GW MAKE THIS A WHOLE RANGE REFRESH!! BY NAGASH THAT MINI SHOULDVE WON MINI OF THE YEAR!!

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

Finally, after 3 years this rumor has been resolved

image.png.674ea3ab76c92007f80b8c4598a4e2b4.png

Also what a smexy looking ghoul king

FINALLY!! This RE lived in my head rent free for every Destruction rumour!! Just goes to show how far in advance minis are produced.

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

2022-08-02.jpg

Look like this one is still unsolved, more FEC coming soon?

LIKE from @Whitefangmate!!

27 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Very odd that they mention him as a one off and a great addition to a FEC diorama.....

This model makes me want to collect and play FEC. Hoping this is a sign of what is to come. Just the face on him looks so much more badass than the others. Not that they need a refresh, but they could easily use 3-4 new kits. 

100% agree mate this mini makes me want FEC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

This is a limited model???

Oh no do I have to decide if I am going to go in on FEC? The Starter Set being such a great deal and now this amazing model... then I'd have one army for each Grand Alliance. But I feel like partner might take my head if she saw me starting a new army

Just get the king for painting and hold off on a full commitment:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Love the new Ghoul King. I've been toying with getting into FEC (gonna wait for the new book to decide) but I'm pretty sure I'll be picking this guy up regardless.

There's a surprising lack of Christmas-esque paraphernalia on this one. Makes me wonder if he wasn't meant for something else that never made the final cut (my first thought is a canceled Cursed City expansion.)

• Like 3