The Rumour Thread

By their lore the only way the Wanderer “traitor-marked” are joining Sylvaneth is if they’re made into Aelf flesh capes for the vindictive tree spirits to wear. 😛 

I imagine why that’s the reason they’re taking to jobs in free cities so often now to justify where they went before the squattening.(plus Lumineth take up the “aelves communing with nature” angle already)

On 12/7/2022 at 6:32 AM, CDM said:

I think Ulfenkarn will play a major part still, it's the go to place now in shyish, mentioned everywhere and even has a soulbound book coming soon (anyone have any ideas on release?!)

Ehhh, it got sucked into the Nadir death vortex so only the dead can “survive” there now. As of the Soulblight update the Ulfenkarn heroes abandoned the city with the last of the surviving citizens and went to the other major Death free cities.

Like I asked Emmett(Soulbound dev) how the Ulfenkarn supplement will work with the way things are now and he said it’s a prequel to Cursed City. So we’ll be exploring the city before things got even worse and before the “city on the edge of the abyss” fell into said abyss.

Doesn’t look likely to be built upon.(beyond the undead there, anyway)

Also going against the grain here but I really hope if we get AoS Necromunda it’s NOT another dang doomed city with malign macguffins. We already had three now(Mordheim-wyrdstone, Shade Spire-Shadeglass, Ulfenkarn-gravesand), the nostalgia baiting needs to be put in the deepest underworld to rest by now.

If we start getting those wonderfully wacky Necromunda-esque models it should part of the Dawn Crusades and actually take advantage of the infinite magic realms(even Mordheim at the end of it’s life cycle started moving way outside the city like into Albion because, surprise, one city can’t account for a whole setting).

IMO, it should be called “Settlers of the Dawn” and focus on settlements across the Realms with them coming into contact with all kinds of strange elements as defenders skirmish to defend them.

Aqshy settlement: flamboyant Hammerhalian Knight-Questor with Storm-cherubs carrying his shield, Fyreslayers animal-herders taking care of fire-spitters or Efreet wrangling, Edassian lioness mercenary in exotic armor, Bataar merchant shipwright with model ships floating around him, Aglorexian ruin golem from the ancient Titan-works trying to find new purpose,etc.

Chamon settlement: Dispossessed train conductor from the Spiral since they went train heavy for transport after Belakor blew up most of the Realmgates(canon), Cogmen mercenary working for parts to fix himself, IronOak Reverant with crystal spikes & metal parts instead of a purely tree half, gnoblar tinkerer bands hired to do odd-jobs and Yellers Clan Kruleboyz engineer bargained with to make defenses deadlier while being too brightly colored and just too lazy(what their clan is known for besides being AoS Mekboyz) to cause much trouble for the local watch, etc.

Just two examples but man can they go wild with something more Realm-spanning that even UnderWorlds and Warcry evolved into beyond their initial starting areas because one area just can’t contain all the potential of the Mortal Realms.

On 12/7/2022 at 6:38 AM, Gitzdee said:

Does anyone know what Realm we are visiting next? This year has been heavy on Ghur and Underworlds visited a little bit of Ulgu. Would have liked to see more Ulgu to be honest.

My bets are we stay in Ghur until next edition with the next GHB moving us towards the Gutfort north so we’re still near the Gnarlwoods for whatever they have planned with it and then next edition I’m betting Aqshy for the new dawner focus(and hopefully Fyreslayers expansion with possible chaos duardin showing up to take back their forge cities they were supplying Khorne with before the Age of Chaos ended).

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Judging by @Whitefang Sad React to @Ogregut looks like lots will be cut.

If we don't count the new stuff (Curse City, Hex Hunters, and ven Denst) then they are cutting out around 50% (most of it human) according to the other leaker. I still think dark elves are taking a hit. So the number could be much higher when all things are said and done.

I think as long as they keep some elves, dwarfs, and dark elves everything should be fine? That would allow players to proxy everything else they remove in some way or form. And everything that both leakers as well as GW said so far indicates that non human races would still be in the faction in some form......................... Of course that could just be the cope talking lol.

It’ll have to depend how they implement them. If they’re Order City-Ogors they won’t match the insatiable Gutbusters since they noticeably lack large guts(they restrain themselves to co-exist in the cities and even Drekki’s Ogor crewmate actually has table manners and will put his food away before charging into a fight, basically think Ogryns)

Still can work as proxies but if they continue down that path don’t expect them to be like the Destruction Ogors anymore than a Order human is like a Chaos human.

Edited by Baron Klatz

Judging by Whitefang's reactions the leak is correct on the CoS points. I'll miss wanderers and the german state trooper-esque humans, not that I ever collected either, that's just my nostalgia talking. I'll be happy if Dispossessed stay for time being to represent the "classic" dwarf archetype.

Sadly leaks didn't include anything about Chaos Duardin - stay strong, P.U.D., stay strong for Hashut...one day he shall return and bring darkness to the Realms.

• Like 4

well that metawatch table is interesting, we can see how some 3.0 books are worse than previous books, like idoneth one, despite everyone being so sure it is great!! and i get so much hate everytime i claim that book had some glaring isues....

this table clearly shows state of some armys prior vs post new tome, and idk is the one with biggest difference 😘

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

well that metawatch table is interesting, we can see how some 3.0 books are worse than previous books, like idoneth one, despite everyone being so sure it is great!! and i get so much hate everytime i claim that book had some glaring isues....

this table clearly shows state of some armys prior vs post new tome, and idk is the one with biggest difference 😘

Whut? According to table it went from 58% to 49%. And yes that absolutely means it's better book. It went from overpowered to within 1 pp of dead center.

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Boar said:

Whut? According to table it went from 58% to 49%. And yes that absolutely means it's better book. It went from overpowered to within 1 pp of dead center.

Yeah don’t mind them, they go all over here and Reddit bemoaning how Deepkin are fish in a barrel and can’t win anything. Same as Doko for Fyreslayers, CaptainNonsense for Orruks, one guy I forgot who kept saying Stormcast’s tome was bottom tier even amidst draconith supremacy….list goes on. 

Every faction is obligated to have their “why aren’t we top-tier?! 50% rates is loser talk!” sayers. xD 

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

All I hope for is CoS coming out in Spring or Summer.
They can't stretch out these render previews until Fall. Even Sisters of Battle (didn't shorten to avoid confusion with a certain factions of gargants), who I do actually believe were in active development for at least the first few articles, only got a few with just renders (the initial reveal, an update a few months later, and then at the beginning of the "Battle Sister Bulletin" series they did)
before they showed us a full mini.

And if I were to look at World Eaters reveals (who first got a CoS style article a day after the refresh was announced), they are releasing in the Jan-Feb-March time, so maybe we could see the range refresh (if we do get it Spring) after them?

And if the Spring Order BT isn't CoS, then I don't think we'll be seeing the refresh until late Fall/early 2024 (prime army release times have been early-mid Spring (Soulblight, Lumineth Wave 2), early Winter (Gloomspite Gitz, and now StD) and mid Fall (Lumineth Wave 1))

Or who knows, maybe we'll have enough renders by Spring to put together half the army 😛

Edited by Asbestress
  • Like 3

well where did i say they are worst faction ever lol

my only claim is new book is worse than previous one( easy to see). and every number shows that, but still some people like those 2 above cant reply with a simple, yes it is worse. noo still claim they are better than before! haha

aand on cos release, i highly doubt they will come in summer/spring, sixters had tons or articles showing his progress, and they are a 40k facttion so everything go bigger and faster, and still they took years since first article, i remember even gw saying something about they nedding 3 years to do a model or something.

i think next 2 order books will be kharadrons and seraphons( only facctions without book) and cos should be the BIG release for winter. and hopefully they dont delete anything besides the human rework since there isnt anything worse than having some of ur units deleted, noone deserves that

Edited by Kitsumy
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

my only claim is new book is worse than previous one( easy to see). and every number shows that, but still some people like those 2 above cant reply with a simple, yes it is worse. noo still claim they are better than before! haha

aand on cos release, i highly doubt they will come in summer/spring, sixters had tons or articles showing his progress, and they are a 40k facttion so everything go bigger and faster, and still they took years since first article, i remember even gw saying something about they nedding 3 years to do a model or something.

i think next 2 order books will be kharadrons and seraphons( only facctions without book) and cos should be the BIG release for winter. and hopefully they dont delete anything besides the human rework since there isnt anything worse than having some of ur units deleted, noone deserves that

The issue comes from the definition of a good Battletome: for you it's a worse Battletome because it has a lower winrate percentage. For me and some others, it's a better Battletome because it's more balanced.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

my only claim is new book is worse than previous one( easy to see). and every number shows that, but still some people like those 2 above cant reply with a simple, yes it is worse.

A book can be weaker (power-level wise) and still better than the previous one. Competitive power is just a single factor in an overall picture. If I remember correctly, IDK used to be very strong and one-dimensional. Are they not reasonably strong and more flexible now?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Judging by Whitefang's reactions the leak is correct on the CoS points. I'll miss wanderers and the german state trooper-esque humans, not that I ever collected either, that's just my nostalgia talking. I'll be happy if Dispossessed stay for time being to represent the "classic" dwarf archetype.

Sadly leaks didn't include anything about Chaos Duardin - stay strong, P.U.D., stay strong for Hashut...one day he shall return and bring darkness to the Realms.

Greatswords, Demigryphs and General on Griffin are all great sets.

It's the rest that's showing its age.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitsumy said:

No-one said you said it was the worst faction ever. What they said was taking it from an overpowered Battletome to one within the 45-55% win rate margin makes it a better battletome because it is more balanced.

If you made Archaon non-unique and cost 100 points, the StD would become horrendously dominant. That wouldn't make it a better Battletome, it would make it a broken Battletome, for example.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, novakai said:

I guessing a this point Kurnothi are going to replace Wanderers but also be part Sylvaneath ranks 

I think this will be the case but I also think that Kurnothi will have quite the varied state of chimeric attributes. From a pair of almost decorative antlers to Aelvan centaur. If fully paired with the Sylvaneth it will lead to a really cool and unique army that can lean into some cool and varied aesthetics.
FBM0fzc3w3G54Ech.jpg
Beastgrave_Skaeth_M01.png

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

Not only is IDK still very close to exactly where books should be, but thralls really suffer from the while Gallet veterans/bounty hunters dynamic. I suspect we'll really see how good IDK is sometime after the next GHB, when thralls become less punished.

Edited by JerekKruger
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

Are they not reasonably strong and more flexible now?

They now have giant flying turtles armed with siege weapons as battleline and go absolutely ham on them in 2000+ lists.

The very definition of all arguments are now invalid. 😛 

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Greatswords, Demigryphs and General on Griffin are all great sets.

It's the rest that's showing its age.

Well the General griffon is 100% dead. All those Karl Franz & Talabheim emblems covering it are just not gonna fly for a new flagship mortal faction of the Mortal Realms.

Demigryphs and Greatswords I can see being replaced for more dynamic sculpts like the Flame Scions or Stormcast Vanquishers who show the heft of their huge weapons.

CDD1653C-4537-41B7-9B6D-35A1614AFFBB-128
hhh67fyurvk91.jpg?auto=webp&s=f8fd5fb030

So I can imagine refreshes to give them more weight and make the demigryphs more vicious to show off what their new models can pull off.(besides new armor and clothes to mark them as not from the world-that-was anymore)

Also can we take a moment to appreciate this GW store thumbnail that put Christmas notes over a very tableau scene:

F01F3C43-7E03-43EE-B296-8AF42B37B1F7.png

Stumbled on it today browsing their stuff and the juxtaposition of jingle notes with skulls going over a artistic impression of Nagash-Radukar killing a bird-headed knight was just delightful.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

By their lore the only way the Wanderer “traitor-marked” are joining Sylvaneth is if they’re made into Aelf flesh capes for the vindictive tree spirits to wear. 😛 

I imagine why that’s the reason they’re taking to jobs in free cities so often now to justify where they went before the squattening.(plus Lumineth take up the “aelves communing with nature” angle already)

Ehhh, it got sucked into the Nadir death vortex so only the dead can “survive” there now. As of the Soulblight update the Ulfenkarn heroes abandoned the city with the last of the surviving citizens and went to the other major Death free cities.

Like I asked Emmett(Soulbound dev) how the Ulfenkarn supplement will work with the way things are now and he said it’s a prequel to Cursed City. So we’ll be exploring the city before things got even worse and before the “city on the edge of the abyss” fell into said abyss.

Doesn’t look likely to be built upon.(beyond the undead there, anyway)

Also going against the grain here but I really hope if we get AoS Necromunda it’s NOT another dang doomed city with malign macguffins. We already had three now(Mordheim-wyrdstone, Shade Spire-Shadeglass, Ulfenkarn-gravesand), the nostalgia baiting needs to be put in the deepest underworld to rest by now.

If we start getting those wonderfully wacky Necromunda-esque models it should part of the Dawn Crusades and actually take advantage of the infinite magic realms(even Mordheim at the end of it’s life cycle started moving way outside the city like into Albion because, surprise, one city can’t account for a whole setting).

IMO, it should be called “Settlers of the Dawn” and focus on settlements across the Realms with them coming into contact with all kinds of strange elements as defenders skirmish to defend them.

Aqshy settlement: flamboyant Hammerhalian Knight-Questor with Storm-cherubs carrying his shield, Fyreslayers animal-herders taking care of fire-spitters or Efreet wrangling, Edassian lioness mercenary in exotic armor, Bataar merchant shipwright with model ships floating around him, Aglorexian ruin golem from the ancient Titan-works trying to find new purpose,etc.

Chamon settlement: Dispossessed train conductor from the Spiral since they went train heavy for transport after Belakor blew up most of the Realmgates(canon), Cogmen mercenary working for parts to fix himself, IronOak Reverant with crystal spikes & metal parts instead of a purely tree half, gnoblar tinkerer bands hired to do odd-jobs and Yellers Clan Kruleboyz engineer bargained with to make defenses deadlier while being too brightly colored and just too lazy(what their clan is known for besides being AoS Mekboyz) to cause much trouble for the local watch, etc.

Just two examples but man can they go wild with something more Realm-spanning that even UnderWorlds and Warcry evolved into beyond their initial starting areas because one area just can’t contain all the potential of the Mortal Realms.

My bets are we stay in Ghur until next edition with the next GHB moving us towards the Gutfort north so we’re still near the Gnarlwoods for whatever they have planned with it and then next edition I’m betting Aqshy for the new dawner focus(and hopefully Fyreslayers expansion with possible chaos duardin showing up to take back their forge cities they were supplying Khorne with before the Age of Chaos ended).

Taking Wanderers out of CoS sucks

• Like 1

I mean lore-wise it’s a natural conclusion that after centuries of wandering and only the cities welcoming as safe havens they’d settle there as city-aelves.

Plus it’s not like they’ll be gone from the lore. The Kragnos novel has the Swifthawk Agents deliver messages to the Freeguild protags as they still serve a vital Pony Express function while Blackened Earth has the Eldritch Council pop up again.(and indeed Greywater is very dependent on the Wanderers working in the agricultural cells to feed the massive city)

They’ll just be gone in model form which I agree is disheartening but this was always the threat with the leftover world-that-was armies with the Sword of Discontinuation dangling over their heads.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm still betting on Spring. I doubt they'd want to release arguably the most anticipated AoS army update in the middle of everybody buying 40k 10th and the new Space Marine wave.

Aww man I forgot about the inevitable Space Marine Wave 39!!

7 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Could be a cross-army kit with man-eaters or something. 

If they get Ogors this is the only way they would be fair. Even if its means that 50% of Destruction Factions can then be Allied into other Alliances.