The Rumour Thread

The rumour from a while back had Nurgle, Beasts of Chaos, Mawtribes and one other, Nurgle was right so far but it would seem that's where it ends as it would appear Fyreslayers and Idoneth are next. I'd assume OBR or Nighthaunt after that so that Death can get its first Tome out the door.

5 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

This is what I’m expecting. Hopefully it’s a nice set but it won’t be anything more than this. I’m hoping Fyreslayers get another unit for some variety but not expecting it.

It's a massive grill.

it will confer wound recovery to nearby units.

The runemasters created it knowing there was going to be a lot of fish around, enough to feed the troops.

I mean what's better than grilled eel and fish steaks?

Edited by Kaleb Daark

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Fyreslayers were definitely in need of another half-naked foot Hero.

Truly, our prayers have been answered.

To be fair, with that loin-cloth, cape and armour he's only 25% naked.

Maybe by 4th edition we'll get a fully clothed Fyreslayer.

Edited by Public Universal Duardin
I don't know math lol
  • Haha 1

Honestly that's my favourite Fyreslayer model yet!! He looks badass!! With that note at the bottom I'm sure we will recieve more news in the coming weeks.

This may not be all we get from either of these Factions this Edition either my friends, dont lose hope we may yet see new units for both!!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

As expected really.

With what's in the box you're actually getting better savings than a lot of recent battleboxes; 8 boxes in 1 essentially, compared to the roughly 6 in the past couple (just compare that to the CSM v CWE box revealed on Christmas day for instance).

Since they're the two least popular factions it's probably a way to entice people to buy into the box, but at the same time I think the two factions have deeper structural problems that are making people avoid them. And with two new foot heroes being added I don't think GW understands that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

To be fair, with that loin-cloth, cape and armour he's only 25% naked.

Maybe by 4th edition we'll get a fully clothed Fyreslayer.

The thing is, even for a Priest it's basically the same as usual. They all wear capes and hold some kind of brazier or brazier axe. The Iron Mask is the only really new thing here.

• Sad 1

Also it wouldn't be a surprise for the box to cost more than others before as there are quite a lot of models in it.

Fury of the Deep has 230€ of models not counting the two new characters compared to the latest Vs-Boxset Shadow Throne which had 163€ of models not counting the two new characters. That one was very light on models but even compared to the one before Piety and Pain had 183.5€ of models not counting the new characters.

So either they are giving us a bigger discount or it will have a bigger price tag

15 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I must admit this is the best current Fyreslayer model. The IDK model actually has some competition, so it doesn't fare that well.

But yeah, another random infantry male dwarf with an axe.

Wow my guesses were pretty accurate in terms of contents but my hopes of a larger more intricate Fyreslayer hero lie in waste. I like the box, if my friend is down for some fyreslayres I may try my hand at Idoneth a second time. But if he passes I will get the Eldar/Chaos box or maybe stick with my current armies and blow my money on Be'Lakor. I strangely prefer the Namartii to the sea creature riders so this suits my purposes well enough although I doubt this hero will buff them enough to warrant using them. I also doubt we will get that much more support for either faction. 

I am disappointed that we did not get an announcement for new Tomes. I feel like we are currently dealing with Schrodinger's Soup:
image.png.199f5d4a195f65faa379215d57faaa2c.png

• Haha 1