The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

do-it-come-on.gif

7 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

The struggle is real @Neverchosen, I'm bouncing between the soulblight, slaanesh, and admech boxes right now.

This issue is having the battleforces fit within my shared little narrative between my armies. Currently it is focused on a region abandoned by its heroes as they waged war against Chaos with some ascending to Azyr and others joining the forces they once opposed. The original inhabitants of the region a tribe of noble ogors wish to prevent their return as they bring only war and bloodshed. 

I am thinking that the Slaanesh worshipers are an easy fit with my Slaves to Darkness. They will be a dedicated faction within the army worshipping a specific god creating schisms.

The Bonereapers can represent the abandoned people of the region left behind when their heroes fell to Chaos or Ascended to Azyr... although I still fell like Nighthaunt and FEC better fit the bill of tragic lost souls.

The Lumineth might represent an outside force like the Sea Peoples of the Bronze age. As my Stormcast and Slaves to Darkness were amassing forces the Lumineth showed up and tried to steal Sacred Ogor land. Now they will get caught in the middle of an epic holy war readying their own agenda as a sea fairing and colonial threat. 

The Necrons, Sisters of Battle and Admech... now those will be a little harder to explain... 🤔

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

This issue is having the battleforces fit within my shared little narrative between my armies. Currently it is focused on a region abandoned by its heroes as they waged war against Chaos with some ascending to Azyr and others joining the forces they once opposed. The original inhabitants of the region a tribe of noble ogors wish to prevent their return as they bring only war and bloodshed. 

I am thinking that the Slaanesh worshipers are an easy fit with my Slaves to Darkness. They will be a dedicated faction within the army worshipping a specific god creating schisms.

The Bonereapers can represent the abandoned people of the region left behind when their heroes fell to Chaos or Ascended to Azyr... although I still fell like Nighthaunt and FEC better fit the bill of tragic lost souls.

The Lumineth might represent an outside force like the Sea Peoples of the Bronze age. As my Stormcast and Slaves to Darkness were amassing forces the Lumineth showed up and tried to steal Sacred Ogor land. Now they will get caught in the middle of an epic holy war readying their own agenda as a sea fairing and colonial threat. 

The Necrons, Sisters of Battle and Admech... now those will be a little harder to explain... 🤔

Admech could be Ironweld left alone for a while, perhaps with a metal mage or two and an exiled Kharadron engineer. The jezails of the rangers don't look that far off the tech level of the Gyrocopter. The large amount of prosthetics might just be to patch up soldiers that came back from the war maimed.

My current artificer d&d character is made from a mix of Admech, Kharadron, Landsknecht missile troops, Necromunda, Freeguild, old Empire and even Bretonnian Bowmen parts

IMG_20211117_115455606.jpg

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

Thankfully none of those boxes are too appealing so I don't think I'll be getting and AoS one this year. The vampires one has stuff I'd use, but I really don't need that many skeletons and zombies, as I already have entire armies of Tomb Kings and Vampire counts. If it had the wolves, bats and blood knight's I'd have been more interested. The 40k ones look a lot more appealing, necrons and admech specifically.

49 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

My current artificer d&d character is made from a mix of Admech, Kharadron, Landsknecht missile troops, Necromunda, Freeguild, old Empire and even Bretonnian Bowmen parts

IMG_20211117_115455606.jpg

That's a fine looking character there. And using parts from at least 7 different models in one single figure, that's impressive! 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, EntMan said:

That's a fine looking character there. And using parts from at least 7 different models in one single figure, that's impressive! 

Base is Skitarii Ranger, head from Greatswords (I think), Drillbill from Kharadron set (magnetized), sword+hand from Escher, left leg Bretonnian bowman, scabbard made from Empire sword, gun barrel from Warlord Landsknecht missile troops.

Skitarii Rangers seem made specifically to match the Handgunners, with their long guns and even the Hochland rifle equivalent.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Base is Skitarii Ranger, head from Greatswords (I think), Drillbill from Kharadron set (magnetized), sword+hand from Escher, left leg Bretonnian bowman, scabbard made from Empire sword, gun barrel from Warlord Landsknecht missile troops.

Skitarii Rangers seem made specifically to match the Handgunners, with their long guns and even the Hochland rifle equivalent.

Amazing kitbash!

19 hours ago, Beliman said:

So, after looking again the whole trailer, the demons are using their AoS/40k designs instead of the old ones (appart from N'krai):

GUO has a "generic head" and the one with the long tongue. it seems that he can carry the Big 

The Fiends are exactly the same:

FiendSlaaneshTTW.jpg.c2a8859f4d51fec59ccd3edc18080926.jpgFiendSlaaneshAoS.jpg.ad3a178a668d9b069fe3c3367654861f.jpg

what about their.... belly? 

Not a rumour, but as this is the closest thing to a 'general' thread we have this is probably best posted here. I'll defend the choice to post this as I argue that official statements from GW affects all of us regardless which toy line we like and most importantly this particular statement affirms the official line of TGA (and hopefully ensures this hobby stays open, diverse and without hate)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/19/the-imperium-is-driven-by-hate-warhammer-is-not/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Article&utm_campaign=Hate+group+response,+Nov+19

• Like 37
  • LOVE IT! 1

28 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Not a rumour, but as this is the closest thing to a 'general' thread we have this is probably best posted here. I'll defend the choice to post this as I argue that official statements from GW affects all of us regardless which toy line we like and most importantly this particular statement affirms the official line of TGA (and hopefully ensures this hobby stays open, diverse and without hate)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/19/the-imperium-is-driven-by-hate-warhammer-is-not/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Article&utm_campaign=Hate+group+response,+Nov+19

I agree wholeheartedly with this being posted here and completely agree with GWs statement. 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, SlyRebirth said:

As do I - but I'm not familiar as to whether or not it was posted in relation to something specific? Normally when big companies post something like this (unfortunately) it's only in reponse to something.

The tl;Dr is that event organisers in Spain let a player going by "Austrian Painter" wearing hate symbols play, handing him victories when people refused to play him.

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I agree wholeheartedly with this being posted here and completely agree with GWs statement. 

Thank you, Brodd, I really appreciate it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SlyRebirth said:

As do I - but I'm not familiar as to whether or not it was posted in relation to something specific? Normally when big companies post something like this (unfortunately) it's only in reponse to something.

some guy at a spanish tournament wore the white pride symbol, swastikas, and some arrow symbol i'm not familiar with to the tournament

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, SlyRebirth said:

A ****** openly attending a Spanish tournament and being supported by the organisers when folks didnt want to play an open ******.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

A welcome (and given the recent events at that tournament in spain, necessary) statement.

One might wish that GW committed to the satire a bit more in their regular marketing material, not constantly talking up the "heroes of the Imperium" and such, but them making this statement is definitely better than staying silent on the matter.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

The tl;Dr is that event organisers in Spain let a player going by "Austrian Painter" wearing hate symbols play, handing him victories when people refused to play him.

Thank you, Brodd, I really appreciate it.

No worries mate it's an important issue that stems far beyond our corner of the internet and as you said it aligns with the TGAs rules. As for those organisers I sure hope they are removed and not allowed to return.

Just now, Sigmarusvult said:

Gitz riding a giant crab  is my new favourite thing

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/19/sneaky-gitz-deep-gitz/

WcfSjqoBxpGtsQHx-1016x1024.jpg

Oh please GW please make a Giant Enemy Cran for Idoneth!! After Duinclaws immensely positive response I sure hope they decided to do one if it's not in development already. 

10 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Unfortunately I can’t help you, @Neverchosen, cause I mostly have the opposite problem.

currently my two “main” armies are Hedonites and Gravelords/Tomb Kings duking it out in the heart of an ancient swamp.

While both factions would be boosted by the battle forces, I’m stuck with deciding how to work some of the units into the narrative.

my skeletal legions work with vampires, in fact there’s a knightly order dedicated to Khsar, god of the desert, named “The Order of the Red Sand” who serve him and him alone, to say nothing of the priestesses of Lunaghast, the Consort of Sekhubis. But I don’t have a place for the vengorian lord, and it’s bothering me cause it’s an awesome model!!!

the Hedonites are admittedly less of an issue, as no matter how I build the calvary and myrmidesh, I’ll have bits leftover that I can use to convert the Slaves to Darkness start collecting to the cause(or use on some of the Disciples of Tzeentch range I’m allying in to make them fit aesthetically). 

Though the ad-mech box still remains a problem, and my pile of shame is already decently large….

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

This is a great statement. One of the best company statements I have seen. Props to them.

But I gotta meme a little bit. 
image.png.ffd91f0dea7a47364a816b7a13027945.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Well done GW for stating this again, it's just a shame it has to be said at all but after what happened at a Spanish event I can see why.