The Rumour Thread

They probably won’t reveal the next underworld warband until the current ogor get release next year. Beside the next release is a universal card pack I believe and the next warband isn’t until Q2 2022

Warcry release is so irregular so it unknown if they bother to get anything until late next year again

Edited by novakai

5 hours ago, Sigmarusvult said:

GW shares price is at the same level at it was a year ago. These battleforces better be good 😅

Screenshot_20211115_130637.jpg

Looking like that sharp drop was around the time their were HGV driver shortage announcement in the UK, coupled with the Fuel delivery shortage. Would be interesting to see the stock rate for other companies to compare if was a similar dip.

I don’t know how but I reckon Chaos Dwarfs, Angron, Malerion and Tyrion will pick them back up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, novakai said:

They probably won’t reveal the next underworld warband until the current ogor get release next year. Beside the next release is a universal card pack I believe and the next warband isn’t until Q2 2022

Warcry release is so irregular so it unknown if they bother to get anything until late next year again

It would appear then that it will be mainly 40K sideline games such as Kill Team, Titanicus, Aeronautica and Necromunda that will be getting shown off then.

36 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

battleforces, lumineth and obr gotta be in as they are overdue for them following the gw rhythm
that's 1 per death and order, throw in battleforce 2 megas + 2 minis and you've got destruction

I am holding out on either Nighthaunt or FEC for death because I have a friend that already plays OBR and I am thinking of rounding my collection off with a death army... but if it is Slaanesh for Chaos, I might forgo Death for something more seductive... 😉

7 hours ago, Ratboy genius said:

I'm pretty sure the reason they haven't gotten anything like that is that they have the worst liked aesthetic out of every army according to all polls I've seen on the subject by a wide margin. Even then they still got spells and terrain at least 

The lack of package deals with Fyreslayers has 100% the reason my army isn’t larger than the Start Collecting.

It’s literally the Bretonnian/Tomb King Death Spiral all over again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fairbanks said:

The lack of package deals with Fyreslayers has 100% the reason my army isn’t larger than the Start Collecting.

Except in this case, they skipped actually building up the faction before the lights go off

7 hours ago, Fairbanks said:

Both tomb kings and bretonnians had troop variety beyond "angry stripper dwarf with axe".

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

All I want to know is if the Gloomspite new book is gonna be released after or before March 1, but the number of rumours and leaks is almost zero nowdays.

Guess Whitefang is charging up some kind of spiritbomb and waiting to drop it when the moment is just right. 

goku.jpg.36890a3b1affed9a4439dfec5f88f6dd.jpg

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I still think the narrative is leaning towards Duardin soup. I am still hoping that we get an update on the classical dwarf theme with a female/valkyrie army that worships Valaya. I think they'd include a unit of infantry (winged spears and round sheilds), Flying cavalry (Ranged and Melee), Artillery Piece and a Few Heroes. Overall I could see it being a small subfaction and then they could hopefully increase the number of the other Duardin factions by a unit or two.

As for the cavalry I want them to be adorable winged ponies because for all the creativity of AOS I want some more fun things.

As for my top pick for the other Duardin Subfactions:
Fyerslayer: Magmadroth Chariot
Dispossesed: Mechanical Golem
Kharadron: Piloted Mech Behemoth for Close Combat (Thinking of Escaflowne here)

16 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I really hope we get Fyreslayer updates this Edition, at the moment they are quite one dimensional, model wise but the incredible thing about AOS is its limitless potential. 

Start adding more Armoured Duardin, switch it up with Unarmed Brawler Rage fueled Duardin, more monsters, Magmadroth Cavlary and other beast pulled chariots, a Magma Tortoise with a Howdah full of Bezerkers. 

Hell just add female Duardin!!

16 hours ago, Higolx said:

What about a magmadroth herder/trainer? You could have it be like a duardin model and 9 small magmadroths. Heck, if we end up going this rabbit hole Im not sure we are going to be able to stop XD

I think in Black Library Stories their are creatures called "Demidroths". If I remember correctly they are smaller than an magmadroth and can't breath fire, but I would really like to see those as a Cavalry option.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I've been wanting fyreslayer cavalry for a long time mini magma being ridden by axe wielding dwarfs. 

Fyreslayer was my first aos army though.

My predictions for battleforces '21

Lumineth older range

Obr 

Slaanesh mortals maybe with a Kos similar to dot box last year. 

So far pretty much what everyone has predicted 

I think if there's a destruction box either big waaagh to shake things up or ironjaw one doubtful but a sob to be would be good if model light 

Edited by Kempak

1 hour ago, EMMachine said:

I think in Black Library Stories their are creatures called "Demidroths". If I remember correctly they are smaller than an magmadroth and can't breath fire, but I would really like to see those as a Cavalry option.

Sounds a bit like Uroktor (monster hunter). 

uroktor.jpg

Edited by Iksdee

1 hour ago, Iksdee said:

Sounds a bit like Uroktor (monster hunter). 

uroktor.jpg

I have to read the describtion of them again, but I have the feeling I see something even more massive when thinking about the demidroth. As a real time reference maybe a comodo dragon or like the Dodongos from Legend of Zelda

9 minutes ago, EntMan said:

The top bit in particular makes me think of Seraphon.

As much as I'd like that, I think this one is almost certainly Necrons. They have models with the exact same designs on them already:

Rk0RK0PNOEKYF5DVuPMTEYgdDwKenxC-sCaYbIkrRWU.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=9a5de4abadc042fa1586050fb897b9301d478ad9

In particular, I am thinking of the pattern on the metal tentacles and the pixel effect on the skull. Both can also be seen in the rumour engine.

• Like 6

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

As much as I'd like that, I think this one is almost certainly Necrons. They have models with the exact same designs on them already:

Rk0RK0PNOEKYF5DVuPMTEYgdDwKenxC-sCaYbIkrRWU.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=9a5de4abadc042fa1586050fb897b9301d478ad9

In particular, I am thinking of the pattern on the metal tentacles and the pixel effect on the skull. Both can also be seen in the rumour engine.

Damn, you beat me to it XD. But yeah, its 100% a necron

21 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yes, looking at the picture you shared leaves no doubt, definitely Necron and not Lizard People, which is a shame.