The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Nope.

What's up with GW releasing one model and acting like that's a satisfactory release? Could at least give them a couple new non-Hero units to go with the sorcerer.

Already had a Sorcerer for nurgle, Isn't this Just a update to the model? So nothing really new.

Edited by xking
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, xking said:

What's up with GW releasing one model and acting like that's a satisfactory release? Could at least give them a couple new non-Hero units to go with the sorcerer.

Already had a Sorcerer for nurgle, Isn't this Just a update to the model? So nothing really new.

Single hero are easier to make and produce in a short amount of time

Good Barbarians and Underworld set

Otherwise very underwhelming 

Although I've always wanted basically just those Genestealer Cult models so looks like I'll be able to buy them cheap off some Custodes players 

Edited by Nos

Overall: This was a really fun preview but lacking in any real surprises. I am very tempted by two of the boxes and I surprisingly like a big Space Marine model even if it was my least favourite announcement. Obviously there was a clear winner today (see profile picture) but here are my typical ‘hot takes’:

Preshow: The ‘of course it is a Primaris Lieutenant’ made me laugh. I like how everyone knows that it is a meme but come on give us something actually special. They still can’t get me interested in Warhammer Plus, I feel like it will move into a free service eventually with a paid portion to get early access to content and then I will be in favour of it. Hour and fifteen minutes this better feature lots of cool things!

40K: Shadow Throne — Oh no the box comes with Sisters of Silence now I am even more tempted! Is this box going to finally get me to cross over to the future setting? I guess my choice will be dictated by how many approximate points the Custodes equal, as my cousin will be taking the GSC. I would want a fairly small elite force. The Genestealer side looks cooler but horde armies in 40k are so far beyond my price point it isn’t even funny. Luckily the box will sell out in ten seconds flat. Also I will toss some chaos heads onto them because I want them to be cooler. I will say I love literally every GSC character but the Saboteur seems fairly static in terms of pose. Narratively I like the burnt face but I wish it had some goggles as well. Cool set in my opinion but I will hopefully hold off unless my cousin is smitten with the GSC side.

Age of Sigmar: Lets Go! Papa Nurgle giving some love and the rot bringer sorcerer is awesome. I much prefer the cowled version of the two, I wish we got a new plastic Harbringer but it is hard to improve on perfection. Wish we had something else to this announcement.

Blood Bowl: Fun, this looks up my alley as someone that loves the silly models but is not much of a sports person. I feel like this is vey niche and I will not get anyone interested in joining me in it. Love both teams so much, I think having Ogors and Dwarves together is something that has always appealed to me and Dark Elves and Skaven are a great choice for sneaky rivals.

Warcry: Red Harvest — is a really cool looking box, I have no idea if I have room for all that terrain. Move over Shadow Throne I have some Conan vs Spiderman to waste my money on. That Darkoath sorcerous is so fun I think the Savagers are my favourite in the bundle. Tarantulos Brood are really cool remind me of the Spiderdemons in Demon Slayer, I think it will be really fun trying to tie them into my chaos colour scheme. It will be a shame to see how these models function in AOS but maybe if I just consider them as Warcry models that I can use in fun fluffy S2D lists it will be easier. Also some critters is always a plus! It not a 2.0 box that might give me the strength to hold off… I hope.

Warhammer plus: Not really my cup of tea, I am a big fan of animation and I am happy for the fans and creators, but this does not really my appeal to me. The voice acting felt a little stiff and strangely out of synch.

Underworld: Blackpoweder’s Buccaneers = Perfection!

Horus Heresy: Cool but overpriced fine cast hero…. Zzz. In all fairness Khan is really cool and maybe the best looking of the Loyalist Primarchs… still they should have announced this early and ended on the high point of Blackpoweder’s Buccaneers!  I am shocked they didn't announce the new Horus Heresy box!

X-mas Preview: New X-Mas Goblin in AOS on a Squig! Yes please!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Whitefang said:

No mention of next HH boxset, sad

That is the only disappointment for me. Looking forward to nurgle and the Darkoath side of the Warcry box myself. 

The confirmation of previous rumours does help us work out what else is to come in the new year. 

A solid stream. Looks like Gloomspite might be next after Nurgle. Aside from BoC, it's the army in most need of a battletome. The Darkoath are my second favourite warband so far and the scenery is great. 

The Ogor pirate is cool and confirms the schedule for Underworlds that was shared with us. 

I hate Nurgle but I'm happy for those who have been waiting. 

• Like 3

40k reveals are sort of damned for at least a year due to the reliability of the leaks. Shadow Throne was a disappointment as a GSC player as it's a pretty poor box unless you're only just starting with the army - one of the first things you buy for GSC is the Brood Coven box and you only need one of each model therein. 

AoS... I don't want to say I'm disappointed, because we knew for a while we'd see a Chaos Battletome, the plastic Sorcerer was a bit of a surprise - no Endless Spells though? Overall I'm not let down, but I do wish they'd have at least teased what the next Battletome will be when we're almost half a year into 3.0 and have only seen three.

Underworlds, Pirate Maneater looks good. Pretty standard to see at least one new Warband at this time so nothing too remarkable. Eddie mentioning that all of the major AoS armies now have Warbands makes me think we might not be seeing one for Cities of Sigmar anytime soon.

War Cry isn't my thing and the teams within don't really interest me. Spider-LARPers hit the right amount of weird/esoteric without being 'overdesigned'. Darkoath are... fine? They're human barbarians, not much to really say beyond commenting on GW's weird stubbornness about actually giving StD new multi-part plastics.

Blood Bowl Dungeon Bowl looks like a cute spin-off, but there's no new models within and I doubt anyone locally is going to play it more than once.

Jaghatai Khan overall is well-designed, hitting the right amount of detail without seeming OTT, however his pose is a bit... blah, and this comes from someone who hates when they force weird action poses onto models. No reveal of the boxset was to be expected when everything pointed to it coming in 2022, but the lack of even a teaser was a shame when the cat's been out of the bag for so long now.

• Like 4