The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Higolx said:

I dont think the right one is Jaghatai tho. IIRC Jaghatai had a falchion/curved sword as his weapon. That sword is looking too straight tbh. Even tho I think Jaghatai is coming too this weekend, I dont think its him on that silhouette. I think thats the custodes hero from the leak (?)

Well theres the whitefang like. I guess Im on the right track?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Higolx said:

Is it me or are all the 3 heads elf heads? If so, why does he have 3 elven heads and all of them have the same long black hair? Is that a Malerion tease?

Just happy there is an option for him to have no heads, painting 1 face per model is bad enough, but 4? Too much.Β 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I think @WhitefangΒ is at least trying to remind me to pick it up because I really want both warbands. But I am assuming it will maybe be related to the aesthetic in that box or at least maybe Darkoath might be getting expanded in some fashion maybe even in Warcry. I was complaining but I would actually really enjoy that, I just imagine my friends never picking the barbarians over the spider people when we play using my models. In a similar fashion I always played Untamed Beasts as my friends always wanted to be the Iron Golems.

Β 

The thing is, the Aelves are already in a weird sort of conspiratorial pact with each other currently and so feel like they are part of an unstable grand alliance already. I agree that having a grand alliance focused on a species is not the best idea but I do feel like a grand alliance based around Aelven Culture is a different idea. Sylvaneth, Kurnothi and Idoneth can easily expand the scope from Aelves to include other species and orders. However I say they include more Natural Kingdoms. We haveΒ Plantae andΒ Animalia lets get wild and throw in someΒ Protoctista andΒ Lapideum.

Β 

I don't know why you didn't use the real money shot?:
kuiWcbP4gO2x3ZQa.jpg

Well, you was right. A Darkoath warband.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Higolx said:

Is it me or are all the 3 heads elf heads? If so, why does he have 3 elven heads and all of them have the same long black hair? Is that a Malarion tease?

Could be that the spider guy is actually an elf, then. They are the rival warband of this guy, after all.

Β 

I'm a bit surprised GW decided to go with marauders again, though. It feels like that ground has been treaded fairly well in the recent past with the Untamed Beasts and Godsworn Hunt.

Also, this guy has a very similar energy to the Darkoath Chieftain:

99070201023_DarkoathCheiftain01.jpg

Β 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Or couldn’t it just be, as is often the case, that someone saw a miniature and misclassified it? I actually had totally blown off that rumor until this model reveal. Seems more likely true now.Β 

3 minutes ago, Austin said:

Or couldn’t it just be, as is often the case, that someone saw a miniature and misclassified it? I actually had totally blown off that rumor until this model reveal. Seems more likely true now.Β 

Well as someone that was very in favour of seeing the Varanguard getting infantry models I have to say it kind of goes against the narrative of Warcry which is about winning Archaon's favour. The Varanguard are in essence those that already made it through these trials.

Also I am really, really stumped if I want to go with the heads or the dope open palm what are you waitin' for pose!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Austin said:

I believe the Varanguard thing was a guess based on the original Red Harvest reveal video mentioning them in the song. I think it's more likely that the whole things is just made up than that someone saw this Darkoath guy and though "Yep, that's one of them heavily-armoured horse dudes."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Corresponding huh? So we have Malice at top left :D

Top left is IX so an alternative image for Tzeentch, but the bottom middle is XII. Kinda looks like a imperial cruiser in space though?

Β 

Edit, I'm wrong top left is XI sorry.Β 

Edited by SunStorm

3n8uhzI.png

1 hour ago, Higolx said:

I dont think the right one is Jaghatai tho. IIRC Jaghatai had a falchion/curved sword as his weapon. That sword is looking too straight tbh. Even tho I think Jaghatai is coming too this weekend, I dont think its him on that silhouette. I think thats the custodes hero from the leak (?)

yeah maybe, im kinda out of the loop about 40k rumors for some time now, anyway i got this bros here you go: le picture

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I believe the Varanguard thing was a guess based on the original Red Harvest reveal video mentioning them in the song. I think it's more likely that the whole things is just made up than that someone saw this Darkoath guy and though "Yep, that's one of them heavily-armoured horse dudes."

Could be yeah.Β 
Β 

The other part of the rumor with AoS rings true, at least locally where every store (3) I’ve visited has stacks of unsold Dominion boxes with deep discounts. I hesitate to put my local experience as truth, but is interesting to see that rumor now.Β 

16 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Could be that the spider guy is actually an elf, then. They are the rival warband of this guy, after all.

Β 

I'm a bit surprised GW decided to go with marauders again, though. It feels like that ground has been treaded fairly well in the recent past with the Untamed Beasts and Godsworn Hunt.

Also, this guy has a very similar energy to the Darkoath Chieftain:

99070201023_DarkoathCheiftain01.jpg

Β 

Yeah, I’m impressed they’ve managed to go with a more boring warband than the Spire Tyrants. Surely they could have thought of something more interesting than generic marauders flavour #3? At least make them Darkoath, which already have a couple of models, rather than basically darkoath but slightly different. Skaven Eshin warband? Chaos Dwarves to give us a taste of what they’re like in AoS? Some kind of weird animal theme like the crows or the spiders? They could have at least shown these before the cool, weird, different spider guy…

Edited by Still-young

1 minute ago, Austin said:

Could be yeah.Β 
Β 

The other part of the rumor with AoS rings true, at least locally where every store (3) I’ve visited has stacks of unsold Dominion boxes with deep discounts. I hesitate to put my local experience as truth, but is interesting to see that rumor now.Β 

That's the thing, though. So far, the rumour has only been telling us things that were probably wrong (Varanguard on foot for Warcry) or things that anyone can see (Dominion did not sell out as fast as other starter boxes). What we to confirm a rumour is something that is not known and later turns out true (like that pirate ogor warband prediciton), but we did not get that from the 4chan post.

45 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Almost certainly unrelated to the reveals, but these are some awesome tarrot card designs for the Chaos gods in the background (corresponding with the god numbers).

Screenshot_20211025-160106_Instagram.jpg

Bottom left: VI is 6, which is Slaaneshs number

Bottom right: IX is 9, which is Tzeentch's number

Top right: VII is 7, which is Nurgles number

Top left: XI is 11. No idea who that is for

Middle bottom: XII is 12, which is Sigmars holy number

5 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I believe that 11 is traditionally the number of Malal, but that is very unlikely to get referenced.

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

that’s clearly emperor tarot though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

Seraphon players: please GW update our Saurus warriors!Β 

GW: Sure, you meant for blood bowl right?Β 

Seraphon players: please, how about chameleon skinks, they are ancient resin!Β 

GW: Sure here is a single one, for underworlds.Β 

Seraphon players:... How about a new Kroxigor unit then, they are also ancient resin!Β 

GW: We got you, to match your Blood Bowl team of Saurus right?Β 

Seraphon players:...................Β 

Β 

52 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Of course the rumor from 4chan were false.

he/she/they didn’t mention the skaven.

Β 

47 minutes ago, Higolx said:

Is it me or are all the 3 heads elf heads? If so, why does he have 3 elven heads and all of them have the same long black hair? Is that a Malerion tease?

He probably mistook them for rats.

4 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

I believe that 11 is traditionally the number of Malal, but that is very unlikely to get referenced.

Are you certain that that is an eleven and not a thirteen, standing for the great horned rat?

• Like 3