The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, edmc78 said:

A new Daemon prince is long overdue tbh

I was honestly expecting Be'Lakor to be released as an alt build for a new DP kit. I was assuming it would have a different head for each of the four major chaos gods and then an undivided/Be'Lakor head to round things out. What we got was admittedly way more epic but also way to expensive... one day though! 

8 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I was honestly expecting Be'Lakor to be released as an alt build for a new DP kit. I was assuming it would have a different head for each of the four major chaos gods and then an undivided/Be'Lakor head to round things out. What we got was admittedly way more epic but also way to expensive... one day though! 

Interesting idea, but wouldn't the four Gods' different aesthetics make that hard to do? E.g. you'd want more bird-like wings for your Tzeentch Prince, maybe something insectoid for Nurgle while Khorne would stick to ye olde heavy metal album cover vibe of bat wings and chains. Similarly a Nurgle prince's body would fall out of line with a Maggotkin army if he was such a ripped Chad as his Khorne counterpart. In short: I think only four heads wouldn't cut it. The amount of customization needed would make the box probably just as expensive as Be'lakor's.

• Like 2

It could be that the Daemon book is the October release - all Daemons are available in some form at the moment - and the Daemons get updated as they do Worldeaters and Emperor’s Children for 40k.

I mean, Daemons have a 40k book so why not in AOS?

seems like an easy win to me.

Considering the 40k roadmap october will not have 40k codexes, but seems a killteam dual box.

Maybe the battletome for chaos will have some kind of models?

I doubt we'll get kicked out again for kill team so some sort of models should be out.

Maybe skaven with some redone models like vampires?

Or Nurgle with new units?(they don't need too many new kits).

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

Now that Daemons have been mentioned I could easily imagine a Be'lakor- centred Daemons of Chaos Battetome. Basically Legion of the first Prince turned tome. 

Though it would be painfully ironic if the supposed Destruction-centred era started out with Kruleboyz just being an expansion of Warclans while Chaos got an 8th faction (albeit with very few new models).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Now that Daemons have been mentioned I could easily imagine a Be'lakor- centred Daemons of Chaos Battetome. Basically Legion of the first Prince turned tome. 

Though it would be painfully ironic if the supposed Destruction-centred era started out with Kruleboyz just being an expansion of Warclans while Chaos got an 8th faction (albeit with very few new models).

Idk...i could see them more adding the option to STD battletome than making a whole daemon battletome (while ot existed in other editions of Whfb iirc).

35 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

That's my only fear for the Era of the Beast, is that it's only a Kruelboyz expansion to Warclans. 

Really it should be;

Kruelboyz Expansion.

Beasts of Chaos Refresh.

Skaven Refresh.

Spiderfang Expansion.

New Mancrusher model.

Ogor Mawtribes Refresh and Expansion.

New Destruction Faction.

For me that would be the Destruction and Era of the Beast name done right.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

That's my only fear for the Era of the Beast, is that it's only a Kruelboyz expansion to Warclans. 

Really it should be;

Kruelboyz Expansion.

Beasts of Chaos Refresh.

Skaven Refresh.

Spiderfang Expansion.

New Mancrusher model.

New Destruction Faction.

I'm with you on all of this list (except Mancrusher because to me they are still okay), but an Era of the Beast could also bear a Seraphon range refresh too. Before AoS 3 they played a major part in Broken Realms and bringing Dracoliths back. They did more than Skaven and BoC lately (...well it's not unusual for BoC...everyone did more than them since...WHB 5th-6th ed. ?)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Tome Celestial gives gargants a one drop with 3 Megas, or one extra enhancement.

Or one mega and 3 baby gargants for one drop or swift.

One drop megagargants

Thisisfineburninghousememe.jpg

Eh I feel like it's kinda ok given that all the other factions have access to a one drop, plus SoB aren't that good anyway.

I'm still against the concept in general though.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

Eh I feel like it's kinda ok given that all the other factions have access to a one drop, plus SoB aren't that good anyway.

Taking turn one and walking onto all the objectives where you count as 30 models and win if your opponent can’t kill a mega a turn sounds petty horrible to me.

Also a near free win in Apex Predator.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Harioch said:

I'm with you on all of this list (except Mancrusher because to me they are still okay), but an Era of the Beast could also bear a Seraphon range refresh too. Before AoS 3 they played a major part in Broken Realms and bringing Dracoliths back. They did more than Skaven and BoC lately (...well it's not unusual for BoC...everyone did more than them since...WHB 5th-6th ed. ?)

I'm thinking if the Sons of Behemat get an Underworlds Warband it would just be a cool way to update the model in a way!!

Absolutely Seraphon should also be in there. If that list was all that had major updates this Edition I'd be more than happy, selfishly happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

SoB aren't good? XD Try to kill mega with AoD... They are super strong in 3.0 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Interesting idea, but wouldn't the four Gods' different aesthetics make that hard to do? E.g. you'd want more bird-like wings for your Tzeentch Prince, maybe something insectoid for Nurgle while Khorne would stick to ye olde heavy metal album cover vibe of bat wings and chains. Similarly a Nurgle prince's body would fall out of line with a Maggotkin army if he was such a ripped Chad as his Khorne counterpart. In short: I think only four heads wouldn't cut it. The amount of customization needed would make the box probably just as expensive as Be'lakor's.

I mean currently all the demon princes already share a kit with even less customization, so I do not see it as much of an issue personally... plus there would likely be additional items but they would share essentially a core body frame. Like a more refined version of the Chaos Spawn. However, that ended up not being the case so we can now hopefully get Demon princes that are more in line with the aesthetic of their respective marks.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Really it should be;

Kruelboyz Expansion.

Beasts of Chaos Refresh.

Skaven Refresh.

Spiderfang Expansion.

New Mancrusher model.

New Destruction Faction.

I hope we get some Grotbag Scuttlers into the mix.

• Like 1

From WD:

SONS OF BEHEMAT Core Battalions -

Bosses of the Stomp: 2-4 Mega Gargants - One drop or enhancement.

Footsloggas: 0-1 Mega Gargants, 2-3 Mancrushers units - One drop or free run 6”/ reroll charge.

SONS OF BEHEMAT Grand Strategy:

- Make the land tremble!: Make a run or charge move in every battle round (can be different units).

SONS OF BEHEMAT Battle Tactics:

- That’s mine: Kick an objective wholly outside your territory wholly inside your territory.

- Wrecking crew: Demolish a faction terrain in your opponent’s army this turn.

- Manskittles: A friendly Warstomper uses “Hurled body”, the enemy model picked in slain an the second part of the ability is used against an enemy battleline and suffers mortal wounds.

Edited by Garxia
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

I have. It isn't that hard. I've played SoB twice and both times my Idoneth shredded them.

Good for you. However they are doing consistently well in the events running so far and the possibility to go one drop will give them several (close to) auto wins against all armies with a lower damage cap than IDK, which is not great fun for the opponent imho

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

The second edition was centered around death. They started strong with nighthaunt, then got nothing for a while. But during that edition death got a new army (bonereapers) and ended on a revamp of the classic vampires, skeletons and zombies. There also is the warhammer quest game ( although handled… poorly) 

So there was a lot of death stuff. But also lots of other things: Slaanesh, Lumineth, etc. 

I think it is reasonable to expect cool stuff for destruction, but spread out over the duration of the shields edition. 

• Like 5

As far as I support asymmetric gameplay I think that army specific Battle Tactics will ruin balance more than anything else. Some armies will receive easy Battle Tactics and will score all three without caring and others will be hard. Advantage of one easy tactic over your opponent will set many games. So far my games in third edition were all close with only 2-3 in difference. Now one faction will benefit more than other from Battle Tactics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carnelian said:

AOS 3 has brought big improvements for SoB. They're definitely good now

I'm not saying they are bad. They are definitely a solid A tier (below S) and in the same bracket as stuff like Idoneth. But if I'm fighting SoB I know I can kill their units. If I'm fighting Morathi, Tzeentch Archaon etc I know I can't. 

I wouldn't want to play a low tier army vs SoB but you can say that for many A tier lists.