The Rumour Thread

New models are incredible, even better than I was expecting. Very surprised by multipart man-skewers. The sludgeraker is my new favourite Warhammer monster.

The AoS books going hardback-only with just the rules in the app, though... that sucks a lot.

• Like 5

The new Orruk Warclans and Stormcast Eternals battletomes are available to pre-order in August. A third battletome will follow these in October – something a little more Chaos-flavoured, we hear. And this is just the beginning – there’s a lot in store for the new edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar.

well, so far for the argument that GW is back to normal and we will get the SCE battletome and all new miniatures in july

1 minute ago, novakai said:

image.png.6c9a1b5da3024f4dcd7aed16dfde595b.png

Oh no. The code thing sounded so promising when it was announced for 40k but it led to disaster. I just want to be able to  read the lore on my iPad during my lunch break. Why does gw have to be so regressive? 

• Like 8

Just now, Chikout said:

Oh no. The code thing sounded so promising when it was announced for 40k but it led to disaster. I just want to be able to  read the lore on my iPad during my lunch break. Why does gw have to be so regressive? 

it a theory but they don't want to pay Amazon or Apple for the digital fee on their plateform so it better for them financially to do it this way

9 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

Man, I like Adam but sometimes the way he talks is like he’s trying to reach the minimum word count on an essay lol

I’m sure he’s a lovely bloke but he really is poor. Constantly stumbles over his words and seems completely out of his depth. Just shows how amateurish Games Workshop still are.

• Confused 4

Both Beasts of Chaos and Maggotkin are part of the 4chan rumors as next battletomes!  Either one would be pretty cool, and continue to give me hope for the new BoC models rumored (Doombull, Bullgors, and Jabberslythe)!

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

it a theory but they don't want to pay Amazon or Apple for the digital fee on their plateform so it better for them financially to do it this way

We’ll if they wanna save money at the expense of their customers and more importantly at the expense of the environment I’ll happily go sailing the seven seas for my Battletomes.

Overall: Once again in with my unsolicited and poorly thought out hot takes. It was almost the opposite of what I expected with more models revealed and no preview of upcoming faction releases. I loved the vast majority of the reveals although I am a little sad that we only got two completely new Kruel Boyz units.

The hobby preshow: it was amazing seeing the various artists being showcased but I had it playing in the background so I didn’t see everything. I did catch Ash from GMG and Jack from retooling ones models and loved the shoutouts to them. I will say that I feel every non-standard Stormcast theme looks better than the blue and gold. I think that these are my favourite Orruk and Stormcast models by a long shot so I am pretty bias.

Stormcast reveals:
Lord Commander Bastian Carthalos— I am in love with this model and he makes the Annihilators feel less randomly huge. I am not the biggest fan of running named characters but this guy oozes epicness. Now I want a reimagined Crom the Conquror to fight him as Archaon and the Prime battle overhead. This is a dude that I would follow into battle… but only cause I think he could handle all the fighting and I could cower behind him.

Knight Relictor — I love the Balthasar Gelt helmet. However, I am not super into the skulls, feels a little more Space Marine or Chaos to me. I think that an alternate colour scheme might sell me on it. Classic Warhammer but does not match my vision of Stormcast. But it will fit in really well with certain schemes and themes.

Vanquishers — I like them but they suffer a little from that Stormcast monotony, I do hope they are an alt build for the multipart Vindicators kit as it would make their similar design more palatable. I do like the fabric portion and if I find an easy approach I would love to make them tartan styled kilts*. They are a really good model but I prefer the spears to swords.

Vigilors — These are by far my favourite reveal alongside Bastian Carthalos. I have never loved Stormcast ranged units barring the Ballista. But these check all my boxes and will work with my intended green and brown scheme**. Despite loving them I do not know if I will be able to fit them into my army as I need to keep my Stormcast collection small. However, I might make an exception for these ones.

Annihaltors — Still my least favourite of the new range but they have gotten better as they are now buddies with Lord Chadmmander Bastian Carthalos. I do really like their rules though.

Kruelboyz Reveals:
Mashcrawla Sloggoth— Ugh, this thing makes me so uncomfortable and that is why I love it. I will avoid fighting it out of a sense of pity. I love and hate this thing in equal measure… I think the paint scheme makes it really uncanny. It reminds me of the creepy bio-weapon from 
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

Gutrippaz— Still cool models. My feeling towards them is more or less the same upon the initial release namely they are better orc models.

Man-Skewer Boltboyz — My favourite troops for the Kruelboyz. I feel like these continue that trend for me and so I am excited to see more of them.

Skumdrekk — We got our gator and it is absolutely bizarre... I feel like I still needing to wrap my head around the strange anatomy of this thing. The rider is the best looking Kruelboy so far. The variant on the other hand I absolutely love. I would take the hero from the named build and the monster for the alt build.

Army Books:
Glad to have it finally confirmed that the Kruel Boyz are part of the Orruk Warclans. The Stormcast cover has this little chaos fan grinning as that is the exact type of battle I want to recreate on the tabletop. Also I am glad that they are claiming that they are giving more reason to play the various unit types in Stormcast… but we will see.

*anyone know a good free hand method for a poor amateur painter?
**or my Tartan idea... if I could pull it off... help me!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 9

What do you think will happen with gutrippaz and boltboyz push-fit models? Will they fade into oblivion or be available in some SC!?
I didn't follow what happened with nighthaunt but seems like they have a lot of EtB still available.

3 minutes ago, Jator said:

What do you think will happen with gutrippaz and boltboyz push-fit models? Will they fade into oblivion or be available in some SC!?
I didn't follow what happened with nighthaunt but seems like they have a lot of EtB still available.

Starter Sets, outside of those on the 'exclusive' sprue - Boltboyz, Bannerboy and Gnashtoof

If betting on -

Swampcrawla/Gutrippers for 'Basic'

Then Killaboss/Gutripper/Hobgrots for 'Bigger'

Vs

Imperetant/Vindicators

Then Mage/Vindicator/Halberds for 'Bigger'

2 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Stormcasts managed to become my least favorite army thanks to 3.0 releases.

I'm on the fence with Kruelboyz. These big models are impressive and ugly alike.

it depend on people i guess, Ugly is sometimes not a bad thing if done correctly

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jator said:

Gutrippaz will be in the starter sets and the boltboyz will probably be sold as part of the dominon sprue with the Great Gnashtoof and the Murknob, won't be cheap thought if you look at how they did it for 40k

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, novakai said:

They've got their of own website especially for digital books. You could also buy full digital books in the old app. If that option remains, all my complaints go away but it isn't an option in the 40k app so I'm not optimistic. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Overall: Once again in with my unsolicited and poorly though out hot takes. It was almost the opposite of what I expected with more models revealed and no preview of upcoming faction releases. I loved the vast majority of the reveals although I am a little sad that we only got two completely new Kruel Boyz units.

The hobby preshow: it was amazing seeing the various artists being showcased but I had it playing in the background so I didn’t see everything. I did catch Ash from GMG and Jack from retooling ones models and loved the shoutouts to them. I will say that I feel every non-standard Stormcast theme looks better than the blue and gold. I think that these are my favourite Orruk and Stormcast models by a long shot so I am pretty bias.

Stormcast reveals:
Lord Commander Bastian Carthalos— I am in love with this model and he makes the Annihilators feel less randomly huge. I am not the biggest fan of running named characters but this guy oozes epicness. Now I want a reimagined Crom the Conquror to fight him as Archaon and the Prime battle overhead. This is a dude that I would follow into battle… but only cause I think he could handle all the fighting and I could cower behind him.

Knight Relictor — I love the Balthasar Gelt helmet. However, I am not super into the skulls feels a little more Space Marine or Chaos to me. I think that an alternate colour scheme might sell me on it. Classic Warhammer but does not match my vision of Stormcast but will fit in really well with certain schemes and themes.

Vanquishers — I like them but they suffer a little from that Stormcast monotony, I do hope they are an alt build for the multipart Vindicators kit as it would make their simillar design more palatable. I do like the fabric portion and if I find an easy approach I would love to make them tartan styled kilts*. They are a really good model but I prefer the spears to swords.

Vigilors — These are by far my favourite reveal alongside Bastian Carthalos. I have never loved Stormcast ranged units barring the Ballista. But these check all my boxes and will work with my intended green and brown scheme**. Despite loving them I do not know if I will be able to fit them into my army as I need to keep my Stormcast collection small. However, I might make an exception for these ones.

Annihaltors — Still my least favourite of the new range but they have gotten better as they are now buddies with Lord Chadmmander Bastian Carthalos. I do really like their rules though.

Kruelboyz Reveals:
Mashcrawla Sloggoth— Ugh, this thing makes me so uncomfortable and that is why I love it. I will avoid fighting it out of a sense of pity. I love and hate this thing in equal measure… I think the paint scheme makes it really uncanny. It reminds me of the creepy bio-weapon from 
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

Gutrippaz— Still cool models. My feeling towards them is more or less the same upon the initial release namely they are better orc models.

Man-Skewer Boltboyz — My favourite troops for the Kruelboyz. I feel like these continue that trend for me and so I am excited to see more of them.

Skumdrekk — We got our gator and it is absolutely bizarre I feel like I still needing to wrap my head around the strange anatomy of this thing. The rider is the best looking Kruelboy so far. The variant on the other hand I absolutely love. I would take the hero from the named build and the monster for the alt build.

Army Books:
Glad to have it finally confirmed that the Kruel Boyz are part of the Orruk Warclans. The Stormcast cover has this little chaos fan grinning as that is the exact type of battle I want to recreate on the tabletop. Also I am glad that they are claiming that they are giving more reason to play the various unit types in Stormcast… but we will see.

*anyone know a good free hand method for a poor amateur painter?
**or my Tartan idea... if I could pull it off... help me!

See now I really like the Annihilators, they're my kind of stormcast.

I'm not really understanding why this strain of greenskins can't have full size limbs instead of chimpanzee legs though, and as for the cover of the stormcast book...

those chaos dwarfs are a bit thin aren't they?

• LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Matrindur said:

Gutrippaz will be in the starter sets and the boltboyz will probably be sold as part of the dominon sprue with the Great Gnashtoof and the Murknob, won't be cheap thought if you look at 40k

Yeah - with what we saw with the repackaged Indomitus, if you're after those or the Yndrasta/Annilator/Bannerboy for the SCE, it's definitely a good shout to grab a copy of Dominion whilst they're super easy to find