The Rumour Thread

Not much in these updates really, it's mostly just tidying. All they did for CoS was make Freeguild spearmen +1 to wound when charged, and modified the handgunners and sisters of the watch rule. Total letdown. They could have fixed the rest of the useless units while they were at it. It's also impossible to run a Stormcast hero as general unless you play Hammerhal with Aventis. :/

Edited by SentinelGuy

37 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Really don't like the suggestion that the "correct" way is to repaint my whole army every time I want to play a different sub-allegiance

image.png.94ef0eaacd59e9dfe2ef183123c6c533.png

I would never say no to someone using a subfaction that doesn't look like the color scheme of the art/book. 

My CoS army would have to make their own rules and my Lumineth scheme is based on ymetrica, but that's not the faction I would like to play :p!

Have anyone heard any rumors about the new battletomes having a digital code in them?

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

Really don't like the suggestion that the "correct" way is to repaint my whole army every time I want to play a different sub-allegiance

As someone that loves this game for the freedom of expression and joy of creating a fun paint scheme, I feel like they have this backwards. If my opponent is so hung up on things like that they don't have permission to play against me, even if my scheme fits their narrow view of a faction. 😛

Furthermore, this clearly a blatant attempt to get folks to purchase multiple versions of the same armies and paint them in each colour. It clearly works on space marine players so I think they are hoping that their AOS poster boys will get the same Malibu Stacy in a new hat love. 

Having just purchased Dominion and waiting for it to arrive I developed a scheme with black pauldrons and earthy tones such green and brown for their fabrics. I do not think that any stormhost or chamber use those exact colours? My Chaos warriors wear crimson armour with white cloaks and I do not intend to run them as Khrone... they worship Santa undivided! Finally, I am building my Ogres and want to forgo human skin tones and make the ogres look more like frost elementals and really love the blue hues I have seen people use in similar projects.

Also I am always upfront with which mark or subfaction I am using and no one has ever been confused. This fact would not change if I used a Games Workshop paint scheme. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 10

57 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Exactly how do they intent to enforce this?

At this point this seems more like their bean counter's wish list than a thoughout guideline to play the game.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Murder Pancake said:

Reading the coalition rules for Disciples of Tzeentch, I see nothing that prevents them from being Battleline units. Am I reading this wrong?

The answer is in the Core Rules FAQ:

Q: If I can take coalition units in my army, can they count as some or all of the Battleline units in my army?’

A: Yes, unless the battlepack you are using specifically says otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Is this the end of Warp Lightning Vortex in a bottle?

Q: Can I include endless spells, invocations and faction terrain features from an allied faction or a faction from which I can include coalition in my army?

A: No, unless specifically noted otherwise.

EDIT: Or was the end when they put out the new faction points tables, and I just did not realize it?

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep

6 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game is the best GW ‘main game’ rule set they’ve ever done. If/when the license ends, I hope they adapt it for AoS or 40k

I'm still gutted to this day that AoS' ruleset wasn't just an adaption of MESBG. Hell, they could even have had an Apocalypse-variant using movement trays like War of the Ring was to help ease the transition from WHFB.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Painbringers no longer reroll saves, get a +1 instead,

Everyone lost reroll saves (Kurnoth, S2D etc), considering lot of ways to gain bonuses to save I think it needed to be done

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

!!!!!! 🎉

6F33F973-03EB-48B0-B72E-5BE032B0FA26.jpeg

Pathetic. Flag in the wind is more stable than gw rules writing team.

I mean good it has happened but it could have been corrected months ago.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Boar said:

Everyone lost reroll saves (Kurnoth, S2D etc), considering lot of ways to gain bonuses to save I think it needed to be done

Yeah, that's fair enough. 

I'm also confused (not complaining) about the buff to the other endless spell; it was the worst one before, but always strike last is a pretty major ability to hand out.

Just now, sandlemad said:

Without a doubt this approach to Radukar And Friends should have been the way from the start but honestly glad to see it happen. If only they were affordable!

I think it really indicates that there were a lot of sudden changes between the release of Cursed City, Soulblight Gravelords, the GHB and this FAQ. It's impossible to read this evolution of the rules as some kind of grand plan, it must be due to changing circumstances.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

People who sold their copies because of the "take all or none" rule.

that's a somewhat false premise. Those people would be people who bought all of cursed city, not to play the game but to use the enemies part of the game for an army whose battletome wasn't out yet, and who probably also knew about this rule because it was revealed pretty early after release. Also, that logic would, to some extent, apply to anyone who ever purchased models/an army based on the rules at the time of purchase = that logic would mean that changing the rules was always unfair.

Edited by Dawnmane
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think it really indicates that there were a lot of sudden changes between the release of Cursed City, Soulblight Gravelords, the GHB and this FAQ. It's impossible to read this evolution of the rules as some kind of grand plan, it must be due to changing circumstances.

Tbh I think it's impossible to read much of what GW does in terms of grand plans rather than the vague, slow and confused movements of some semi-sentient sleeping beast with a dim reaction to external stimuli, but yeah, it's especially evident here.

Will be interesting to see what people's thoughts are on the usability of some of these Cursed City units now they can be taken on their own.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It would be possible if GW was ever transparent about you know...anything at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Pathetic. Flag in the wind is more stable than gw rules writing team.

I mean good it has happened but it could have been corrected months ago.

All I know is the news really brightened my morning. Life is hard right now — I’m not even in a position where I can order new miniatures, let alone build or paint them — but this forum and the (for me, exciting) changes as we go into 3.0 are some of the few things still bringing me joy. I just wanted to celebrate that. 

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Tbh I think it's impossible to read much of what GW does in terms of grand plans rather than the vague, slow and confused movements of some semi-sentient sleeping beast with a dim reaction to external stimuli, but yeah, it's especially evident here.

Will be interesting to see what people's thoughts are on the usability of some of these Cursed City units now they can be taken on their own.

The stand outs for me are Gorslav and the Vargskyr.

I can tell you that the Vargskyr looks really nice. Fighty, built-in ward and can charge long distances.

Gorslav is a super cheap hero that can resurrect a zombie, direwolf or nightguard unit for a command point, which is nice because resurrection is now otherwise random in Gravelords.

I think all others except Halgrim are good or niche playable.

• Like 2