The Rumour Thread

Just now, mojojojo101 said:

They haven't really given models to an extant faction though, they've just added a new faction onto the side of one that was already there.

I definitely don't think you can put Kruleboyz in the same area as Lumineth / Slaanesh second waves. Admittedly I don't play Ironjawz / Bonesplitterz but if I was told my army was getting a huge second wave and then received something thematically opposite that shares no visual or gameplay (obviously yet to be confirmed) cues with my existing force I'd be pretty annoyed about it.

They're new models for a battletome that already exists. Warclans is a unique situation compared to a lot of other armies, but I don't think people should be thinking of Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz as fully independent factions anymore than Gutbusters and BCR or Warherd and Brayherd are. The independent allegiances they have might completely dissolve with the new book. Right now, we just don't know what's going to happen, but until GW starts treating them like separate armies, orcs are Warclans first, Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz second.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

They're new models for a battletome that already exists. Warclans is a unique situation compared to a lot of other armies, but I don't think people should be thinking of Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz as fully independent factions anymore than Gutbusters and BCR or Warherd and Brayherd are. The independent allegiances they have might completely dissolve with the new book. Right now, we just don't know what's going to happen, but until GW starts treating them like separate armies, orcs are Warclans first, Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz second.

Hugs my Kharadron Overlords in fear

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cataphract said:

Hmmm. The previous preview of the Dominion box set did say the box contains Allegiance Ability Rules for Kruleboyz though.

I wonder if they will be OW until their official separate Battletome comes out

Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz both have their own separate Allegiance Abilities within the Warclans Battletome. Big WAAAGH! is a separate set of Allegiance abilities that facilitates a mixed Orruk army build.

Its very likely that they're just adding unique KruelBoyz allegiance abilities into the battletome, and then reworking Big WAAAGH! to work with their units as well.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

I never bought the 2.0 Core Book - just GHBs. Based on the last edition, what am I missing by not getting both, just lore? 

Another colossal book that threatens to obliterate your bookshelf.

• Haha 2

Ok so my main takeaway from that Dominion preorder article is that it seems they're moving to physical-only formats for books? They are very detailed about the different versions of the core book you can get and they don't mention a digital one. They do mention a digital version of the tie-in novel, which just makes it worse.

(for those who are not following the space game, 40k moved to physical-only for rulebooks with 9th edition, and you can imagine how much of a mess that is with the current logistics situation)

Edited by Dawnmane
added explanation about 40k

21 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

Ok so my main takeaway from that Dominion preorder article is that it seems they're moving to physical-only formats for books? They are very detailed about the different versions of the core book you can get and they don't mention a digital one. They do mention a digital version of the tie-in novel, which just makes it worse.

(for those who are not following the space game, 40k moved to physical-only for rulebooks with 9th edition, and you can imagine how much of a mess that is with the current logistics situation)

I'd be very annoyed by this, but not surprised. It'd be a great way to get me to stop using their app, though. The discounted digital books are the main reason I like it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chaos Shepard said:

1Trd8p22PQ511WpB.jpg

I am kind of surprised to see the Chimera used as the cover art for the General's Handbook. Though I am a bit perplexed as the cover art Chimera has a Goat head when the current model has a Dragon head.

really interesting observation - i had half a mind to think the Chimera was going... but maybe they'll be an updated sculpt or something?  he's still resin, isn't he?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

really interesting observation - i had half a mind to think the Chimera was going... but maybe they'll be an updated sculpt or something?  he's still resin, isn't he?

It is plastic and got a really strange push within Warcry, it got a unique release alongside the other chaotic beasts. I was oddly tempted to pick it up as I love Warcry but I relented as it is not a STD unit. 

5c8lbo.jpg

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Neverchosen said:

It is plastic and got a really strange push within Warcry, it got a unique release alongside the other chaotic beasts. I was oddly tempted to pick it up as I love Warcry but I relented as it is not a STD unit. 

I just really didn't like the model at all - it seemed so outdated to me.. Also I was able to 3d print much more imposing versions 🙂  You can only find him in the warcry section of the website - he's not even in the BoC section I believe.

• Like 2

OK, I am now officially giddy with anticipation. The world's not near as broken as it has been, I've just managed to get my first games in today for a very, very long time (albeit 40k), and a new edition is just around the corner. Times are good people, times are good!

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

How quickly do you think the Dominion box will sell out and is the release time usually 9am UK time? I normally don't get involved with FOMO products as I don't like the business practice.

Its 10am UK time for the gameworkshop webstore, many online retailers will create a queue system in advance by asking people to express interest(i've seen a few already do this for dominion) and either use first come first serve or a raffle to distribute theirs.

if you have a local independant i would ask for a copy as soon as next week maybe, they will usually be asked for stock numbers this Monday or the week later(its usually the monday before preorder date but varies on the bigger 2 week releases). I imagine it will sellout quickly and probably be a mess with websites crashing. Though it is sometimes hard to predict AoS popularity vs 40k.

Edited by Svalack
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

I just really didn't like the model at all - it seemed so outdated to me.. Also I was able to 3d print much more imposing versions 🙂  You can only find him in the warcry section of the website - he's not even in the BoC section I believe.

I can imagine that they turn it into a wandering beast if that mechanic is implemented or maybe a generic chaos creature. But I am with you it is not my favourite model but again my weakness for plastic minis nearly got me to jump on board with it. Still might fall for it if they do give it cool wandering monster rules or let it work with all of chaos. 

1 minute ago, Svalack said:

Its 10am UK time for the gameworkshop webstore, many online retailers will create a queue system in advance by asking people to express interest(i've seen a few already do this for dominion) and either use first come first serve or a raffle to distribute theirs.

if you have a local independant i would ask for a copy as soon as next week maybe, they will usually be asked for stock numbers this Monday or the week later(it varies on the bigger 2 week releases). I imagine it will sellout quickly and probably be a mess with websites crashing. Though it is sometimes hard to predict AoS popularity vs 40k.

Thanks! I will probably be looking to get it directly via the Games Workshop webstore.

11 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I can imagine that they turn it into a wandering beast if that mechanic is implemented or maybe a generic chaos creature. But I am with you it is not my favourite model but again my weakness for plastic minis nearly got me to jump on board with it. Still might fall for it if they do give it cool wandering monster rules or let it work with all of chaos. 

I remember the concept of wandering monsters and rules were introduced in.... that last narrative book with StD right?  I wonder if they were testing ideas for the future?  It seemed like a really interesting idea, and I think someone brought it up here before.  Wondering monsters would be a great option for some narratives in a dangerous and wild land.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaos Shepard said:

1Trd8p22PQ511WpB.jpg

I am kind of surprised to see the Chimera used as the cover art for the General's Handbook. Though I am a bit perplexed as the cover art Chimera has a Goat head when the current model has a Dragon head.

They're just ashamed of that neck the dragon head of chimera model got. Or in-universe explanation: Kragnos got to that dragon too.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, elfhead said:

The objectives scenery are “trappings of a Dawnbringer Crusade settlement”. Interesting these crusades are mentioned again. I wonder if this is a new ongoing narrative. Would like to see the mixed race mortals expand. 

yeah I was thinking they could be a set of battle zone books like in 40k for updating rules and adding to factions in between battle tome releases.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mutton said:

Designed to work hand in hand with the new edition, this update brings together a host of changes and updates for your pitched battle games, including updated warscrolls for endless spells, new battleplans, and all the core rules of the game.

Seraphon need a day one faq for Bound endless spells then

Edited by Joseph Mackay

2 hours ago, Austin said:

Hopefully someone asks them on Facebook about the digital version.  I am REALLY hoping they don't do with AoS what they've done with 40k and stop selling digital game books.

As long as they don’t completely rebuild the app (and therefore break it), if they copied 40K i might not be too annoyed about it 

in 40K, they scrapped digital but instead the physical book comes with a code to unlock all the rules content in the app, unfortunately the app is very broken and has incorrect rules, missing information, and the calculator for list building makes up random numbers 😂 they also increased the price of the physical books :/