The Rumour Thread

Well I love everything I saw int his box and the Kruelboyz are amazing. I love that LotR-Henson vibes of them. They seems twisted and inherently evil instead of the goofy hulks we've seen a billion times in GW design. Love everything about them.

But, sadly, what I feared came true as Kragnos don't fit in. Maybe with a good paint scheme it can do wonders but as it is now with GW official pictures it doesn't match to me.

Kragnos in Kruelboyz is like putting Katakros as a leader of Gloomspite. He doesn't belong here...

mmh yeah forget what I wrote about Katakros/Gloomspite as I just remember that goblins had already someone with intense charisma and a visible bulge leading them...

3480088-david-bowie-dans-labyrinth-950x0-2.jpg

Edited by Harioch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Harioch said:

Well I love everything I saw int his box and the Kruelboyz are amazing. I love that LotR-Henson vibes of them. They seems twisted and inherently evil instead of the goofy hulks we've seen a billion times in GW design. Love everything about them.

But, sadly, what I feared came true as Kragnos don't fit in. Maybe with a good paint scheme it can do wonders but as it is now with GW official pictures it doesn't match to me.

It's like putting Katakros as a leader of Gloomspite. He doesn't belong here...

mmh yeah forget that I just remember that goblins had already someone with intense charisma and a visible bulge leading them...

3480088-david-bowie-dans-labyrinth-950x0-2.jpg

You now know how the gargant should look if you ally one in.

• Sad 1

After finally being able to check everything thing out I'm so damn happy by everything I've seen!! 

The new SCE are fantastic and look amazing in my opinion. Love the new Chariot and the Gryph Hounds actually looks more terrifying than cute which I love.

The Kruelboyz...incredible. Perfection. The rumours of LOTR style Orcs were spot on, they look amazing and though I didnt watch the Livestream, the hints are definitely there for Chaos Duardin. 

It would be a fine time for Duardin if at the later end of 3.0 Disspossessed, Fyreslayers and Kharadron received revamps and Chaos Duardin were released. 

My favourite mini shown was hands down the Troggoth rider, I love monsters and that felt very Battle of the Five Armies to me with an AOS spin.

Cannot get over the Kruelboy aesthetic, love the swampy armoured look and the lanky creepy Orruk angle is incredible I really like them.

• Like 9

Now the important question is, if this box comes with full units or is this cheating again. Vindicators and Annihilators come with three models, same with the kruelboyz crossbowmen. I would hate if it turns out you need five to create a unit.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

You now know how the gargant should look if you ally one in.

I don't know about this one. I agree with the Warstomper or Gatesmasher but the Krakeneater could have that "swamp thing" with the net and more bog on the base. Still they'll miss some crude armor plates/leather/furr to fit yeah. The troll mount has the same problem to me 😁 , even if he's gorgeous, as only the rider ties him into this allegiance.

Edited by Harioch

4 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Now the important question is, if this box comes with full units or is this cheating again. Vindicators and Annihilators come with three models, same with the kruelboyz crossbowmen. I would hate if it turns out you need five to create a unit.

I hope they'll be like a units of vargheist as a unit of multiple of 3. We've seen weirder body counts in units (Dracoths anyone?).

But the other issue could happen sadly knowing GW boxing.

8 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

I thought the same, although also heard some rumors about 3.0 going to points per model... as a stormcast player having every start set with 3 paladins when 5 are needed and they have 0 special weapons has been very annoying so far, sad to see that trend continue if this points per model is not true

• Like 1

I understand that the red is supposed to be there to provide visual contrast, but it's incredibly weird that Kruleboyz they take their time to paint their shields when they don't even bother to tailor some basic clothes. People said the same about Ironjaws, but at least those boyz took a lot of pride in their armour. I stand corrected about this

Instead Krulez care about stealth, and blending with the mist... so they paint their shield in the same exact shade of red-orange we paint bridges with because it's considered the most visible in the mist.

I wonder if they are going to show alternate paintstyles before the preorder. 

2 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Annihilators are massive, three sounds right. Boltboyz are snipers, so I guess they would be in units of three like castigators and 40k Eliminators

Praetors are a bit more tricky. They are bodyguards, so three might be right, but also five.

Edited by Grotbag Scuttlers When
  • Like 2

EXCLUSIVE NEW HOBGROT HERO LEAK:

Spoiler

image.png.ca95823acdce1da91a3e34521eacc6cd.png

Jokes aside, this was a great preview.

I like the new Stormcast look much better than the old and I think the new orks provide a good contrast to the existing ones. Especially Ironjawz, because you can now really feel what it means that they are the biggest, beefiest orks around with Kruleboyz as a point of comparison.

I am sure both model ranges will have a lot of people excited to get their hands on them. I'll personally probably not get the new starter, which is just as well, though. I still have my hands full with Cursed City and Gravelords. But I still appreciate the new models as cool extensions if the AoS universe.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Harioch said:

I don't know about this one. I agree with the Warstomper or Gatesmasher but the Krakeneater could have that "swamp thing" with the net and more bog on the base. Still they'll miss some crude armor plates/leather/furr to fit yeah. The troll mount has the same problem to me 😁 , even if he's gorgeous, as only the rider ties him into this allegiance.

I was thinking about finding a Bowie bust, and making a body around that.

It is filed under "things I might do in the far flung future, but probably won't".

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Still-young said:

This guy doesn’t seem to be in this box? From a full multipart set maybe?

756B01E2-6D39-4B3A-BF13-0B3CE49E8D4A.jpeg

Didn't the easy to build sequitors come with scenic bases too? Whereas soul wars weren't. Could just be a separate e2b kit of the models. 

Edited by Freypal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

After finally being able to check everything thing out I'm so damn happy by everything I've seen!! 

The new SCE are fantastic and look amazing in my opinion. Love the new Chariot and the Gryph Hounds actually looks more terrifying than cute which I love.

The Kruelboyz...incredible. Perfection. The rumours of LOTR style Orcs were spot on, they look amazing and though I didnt watch the Livestream, the hints are definitely there for Chaos Duardin. 

It would be a fine time for Duardin if at the later end of 3.0 Disspossessed, Fyreslayers and Kharadron received revamps and Chaos Duardin were released. 

My favourite mini shown was hands down the Troggoth rider, I love monsters and that felt very Battle of the Five Armies to me with an AOS spin.

Cannot get over the Kruelboy aesthetic, love the swampy armoured look and the lanky creepy Orruk angle is incredible I really like them.

I think that we could see combined Duardin tome this year and 3ed will be splitted like 2nd was (consequences of necroquake that lead to Broken realms), that will lead to new duardin faction (like KruleBoyz for warclans) and returning of Chaos Dwarfs (Legion of Azgoth for StD?)

44 minutes ago, Grotbag Scuttlers When said:

I understand that the red is supposed to be there to provide visual contrast, but it's incredibly weird that Kruleboyz they take their time to paint their shields when they don't even bother to tailor some basic clothes. People said the same about Ironjaws, but at least those boyz took a lot of pride in their armour. 

Instead Krulez care about stealth, and blending with the mist... so they paint their shield in the same exact shade of red-orange we paint bridges with because it's considered the most visible in the mist.

I wonder if they are going to show alternate paintstyles before the preorder. 

Annihilators are massive, three sounds right. Boltboyz are snipers, so I guess they would be in units of three like castigators and 40k Eliminators

Praetors are a bit more tricky. They are bodyguards, so three might be right, but also five.

The red could be just the colour of the squig used to make the shield.

12 minutes ago, Freypal said:

Didn't the easy to build sequitors come with scenic bases too? Whereas soul wars weren't. Could just be a separate e2b kit of the models. 

I think the chariot and archer guy are the easy to build kits coming with the starter. The 4 extra kits they showed matches the soul wars and Indomitus coming with 2 e2b kits for each faction in the box. 

• Like 1

I like Kragnos and think he works as a pan-Destruction figure but agreed that there’s nothing linking him to these new guys in particular. If anything he’s even less thematically aligned with the Kruleboys than e.g. ironjaws or mawtribes.

They can make an unconvincing in-universe Thermian argument for the link - ‘oh, Kragnos turned them expansionist when he showed up in their swamp’ - but it seems hurried and not particularly consistent with the rest of their themes as a faction. Just stick with them being Morkers as opposed to Gorkers!

No problem with Kragnos being destruction in a pure and unaffiliated sense (in that he has the edge over Gordrakk) but it’s weird that (i) he has a faction that he’s particularly associated with and (ii) that they’re the least Kragnos-y. It does smack of filling a need late in the design process.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grotbag Scuttlers When said:

I understand that the red is supposed to be there to provide visual contrast, but it's incredibly weird that Kruleboyz they take their time to paint their shields when they don't even bother to tailor some basic clothes. People said the same about Ironjaws, but at least those boyz took a lot of pride in their armour. 

The Ironjawz actually punch their armour into shape they consider it just like fighting. Ard Boys are considered wannabe by the proper ones cause they had to forge the armour instead of forcing it into shape.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I like Kragnos and think he works as a pan-Destruction figure but agreed that there’s nothing linking him to these new guys in particular. If anything he’s even less thematically aligned with the Kruleboys than e.g. ironjaws or mawtribes.

They can make an unconvincing in-universe Thermian argument for the link - ‘oh, Kragnos turned them expansionist when he showed up in their swamp’ - but it seems hurried and not particularly consistent with the rest of their themes as a faction. Just stick with them being Morkers as opposed to Gorkers!

No problem with Kragnos being destruction in a pure and unaffiliated sense (in that he has the edge over Gordrakk) but it’s weird that (i) he has a faction that he’s particularly associated with and (ii) that they’re the least Kragnos-y. It does smack of filling a need late in the design process.

The whole shield/totem thing being Kragnos' aspect is especially weird given that pretty much every faction has a unit with faces on their shield without anything like as specific an explanation.

I've never once looked at one of such models and been like  "yes but who does this face *belong to*?" It's just a fantasy convention at this point. Making it a Kruleboyz "thing" seems a bit contrived. And the totem by Kragnos feet- there's no way I'm believing that wasnt a last minute addition.

They're good models but after after seeing the clever synthesis between Slaanesh and the Aelf factions, Dragon Ogre with snub face being worshipped by orcs with iconography that looks nothing like him dosent land for me visually.

• Like 1