The Rumour Thread

I like the new Kruel Boyz but part of me hopes that they will just become part of Orruk Warclans and not their own book.
I cannot help but feel like if they become a brand new book Gw wont Branch off destruction to contain new and different races execpt for orruk/grot or orgors/ oldworld races

The Chaos Dwarfs actually represent if anything Order way more than Destruction - one could even argue more than Chaos.

The worst side of Order, but Order. 

Therefore, I think they'll stay with Chaos. And their lore will be tinkered around the Age of Chaos and how they found survival in Chaos (maybe Hashtut really is a Chaos Godbeast) and over time became cruel and twisted. 

Dominion Box looks dope. Like... *really* dope. I didn't see anything I didn't like or love. It will be a blast to collect, paint and play with. Unless 3.0 got garbage rules =D

Edited by Rachmani
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Warbossironteef said:

Are thr new Kruelboyz a new army or do they fall under the Big Waggh and orruk warclans book? im confused.

They're part of Warclans. From the Community site;

These new additions to the Orruk Warclans have been designed with cues going way back to the early days of Warhammer. The leering faces on their red shields will no doubt feel familiar to hobbyists of a certain vintage while setting them apart from other Orruks.

• Like 1

@Clan's Cynic I was thinking that the banner had a vague similarity to old school CD scale mail but good catch. At any rate it does look like more of a writing system than you'd expect to see with any other greenskins.

Beyond that, their armour's fairly standardised, their helmets look rather ordered and regimental compared to the rest of the kruleboys, the handles of their stickbombs do have a straight-laced dwarven look (or stormcast but I want to believe) and they have a lot of these rather finely worked cords and tassels. The very least that could be said is that the hobgrots have a lot of visual features that you don't get in the rest of the range.

18 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Can someone with good editing skills try to read the warscroll at 1:12:26 from the twitch stream?

i can only see the stats like 3 wounds 2+save

I can see he got the other usual stats, like 4 move, still only 7 bravery and then 3 wounds nad 2+ save. He also has 3 attacks with 3+/3+/rend 1/2 dmg. 

I'd say with those stats it is somewhat likely that the other paladin type stormcasts will see a bump to 3+ saves and probably some more damage output if this is the "defensive" guy.

Impossible to make out any of the ability text, although we know one of them will be some kind of mortal wound on the charge (boy will that happen a lot with 4" move!). Normally effects on the charge is not what you want on your snail speed anvil unit ;)

So there’s still a few rumour engines that very clearly match the Kruleboyz look but haven’t shown up yet: the wooden structure with the impaled hand, the barbed javelin head, the bannertop with an impaled gargant head on it. More to come, evidently!

Hope we get some charge shenanigans like Gavriel Sureheart. Else you’re right. Or same gavriel bomb with different units now.

8 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

I can see he got the other usual stats, like 4 move, still only 7 bravery and then 3 wounds nad 2+ save. He also has 3 attacks with 3+/3+/rend 1/2 dmg. 

I'd say with those stats it is somewhat likely that the other paladin type stormcasts will see a bump to 3+ saves and probably some more damage output if this is the "defensive" guy.

Impossible to make out any of the ability text, although we know one of them will be some kind of mortal wound on the charge (boy will that happen a lot with 4" move!). Normally effects on the charge is not what you want on your snail speed anvil unit ;)

4 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

So there’s still a few rumour engines that very clearly match the Kruleboyz look but haven’t shown up yet: the wooden structure with the impaled hand, the barbed javelin head, the bannertop with an impaled gargant head on it. More to come, evidently!

The impaled head is on the Killaboss' backpole I believe. Hard to tell from the model shot (it's placed the wrong way), but you can see the side/front of it in the cinematic.

sBMD0We.png

xmgxozHhkAQDPtga.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Feii said:

I like the direction but them saying going second is worse than going first got me very worrying. 

hint - going second is better right now and they are buffing it wtf?

Yea like i said it's like they don't play thier own game. Or even listen to ppl who do. That is what worries me. 

2 hours ago, Fred1245 said:

I can't imagine caring about this. You don't mind a half of them being in wizard robes over plate armor but get weird about some being swole?

The dimensions are completely different. The old SC range is consistent in its dimensions and the armour plating across all the former chambers has a shared, chunky aesthetic.

The new guys are much more sleek in their profile and dimensions. The head is smaller. The legs are longer. The torso is less square and more athletically shaped. The armour is more conceivable as something a person could wear, less like Space Marine power armour.  They look more like super heroes and less like bodybuilders in a can. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nos said:

The dimensions are completely different. The old SC range is consistent in its dimensions and the armour plating across all the former chambers has a shared, chunky aesthetic.

The new guys are much more sleek in their profile and dimensions. The head is smaller. The legs are longer. The torso is less square and more athletically shaped. The armour is more conceivable as something a person could wear, less like Space Marine power armour.  They look more like super heroes and less like bodybuilders in a can. 

My choice will be not to weep that my work on multiple liberator squads will be for nothing when the new sleeker vindictors come out and just try to rejoice the new stuff looks better... 

Although for some reason I was a bit relieved that the bow teaser turned out to be 1 hero and not new judicators so all those also got outdated 😜

For all the lore about the kruelboyz worshipping Kragnos and taking up his iconography, after looking  at the newly revealed models, the shields and other “faces” look more like squigs to me. Makes me think more and more that Kragnos was a last minute edition to the destruction story. Like the model was made for some other product line or idea that was later dropped so they stuffed it into destruction. Especially after Kragnos role in the excelsius storyline (I’ll be spoiler free here for those who haven’t read it yet). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I wasn‘t hyped at all tbh but damn, GW, those are some great models... I hope our IJ player will get also some Kruleboys for his army, would be shame not to get them. The new SC are great too though... I might be a boring dude but the guy with the banner is my personal favorite. Not too flashy, but great design. Never been particularly for or against SC but the new figures look absolutely great, even if the SC range is already very large. These, along with the humans (plus Ogor, dwarf and Sylvaneth) from Cursed City really show that they‘ve found a great look for the future of CoS. 

• Like 1

Well, after finally getting a chance to sneak a look at the new stuff, it looks like I am splitting the box after all.  My daughter started watching over my shoulder, and when she saw the SCE models she said, "Those are cool daddy!  Can I play with the angel girl when you get them?"  Good thing I really like the new Kruleboyz!

On to more important matters.  It has come to my attension that there has been much elf slandering going on these last several pages.  As I am too noble and just to read the words of the lesser races, all I can say is that I can hear your jealousy, though it sounds very far off, as though the noise is coming from the height of my knees. 😎

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

48 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

For all the lore about the kruelboyz worshipping Kragnos and taking up his iconography, after looking  at the newly revealed models, the shields and other “faces” look more like squigs to me. Makes me think more and more that Kragnos was a last minute edition to the destruction story. Like the model was made for some other product line or idea that was later dropped so they stuffed it into destruction. Especially after Kragnos role in the excelsius storyline (I’ll be spoiler free here for those who haven’t read it yet). 

Yeah, really seems like he was beastmen before.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Well, after finally getting a chance to sneak a look at the new stuff, it looks like I am splitting the box after all.  My daughter started watching over my shoulder, and when she saw the SCE models she said, "Those are cool daddy!  Can I play with the angel girl when you get them?"  Good thing I really like the new Kruleboyz!

On to more important matters.  It has come to my attension that there has been much elf slandering going on these last several pages.  As I am too noble and just to read the words of the lesser races, all I can say is that I can hear your jealousy, though it sounds very far off, as though the noise is coming from the height of my knees. 😎

Was probably me, you spoony aelf.... but I'll just post my go to picture for these occasions:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1