The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

U speak wisdom.

Thank you kind Sir.

10 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

They were the super heavy cavalry, so you had mournfang cavalry and then every harder rhinox.

I played against them in old fantasy, and they were brutal in their toughness - double as tough as the mournfang.

here's some images to give you an idea.  My juggernauts against them.

IMG_0963.jpg.57b4525bd7c5a76448ffaca4dca3c681.jpgIMG_0962.jpg.016a7a6bb1f60f303a8526aa92b0ae78.jpgIMG_0979.jpg.b4fd160b37089571644649d36a8139eb.jpg

They definitely need to bring them back in plastic!! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShyishBarry said:

Huh, looks like they just updated the article like minutes ago to remove the last paragraph about Kroak, Morathi and Gardus managing to draw Kragnos away for now. Guess the intent wasn't to spoil that much and someone messed up along the way.

They also changed the Grungi line from the look of things. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In regards to Grotbag Scuttlers and the new Gitslayer book (minor spoilers ahead):

Spoiler

Sky grobi are mentioned many times, but it is specifically moonclan grots highjacking or destroying KO vehicles. The name "Grotbag Scuttlers" is never used. If they intended Grotbags as an enemy to KO I feel like they would be mentioned by name in this book where the conflict is primarily KO vs grots. Hopefully I'm wrong though. Would love to see them.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Aidrox said:

I'm very confident that some of these rumours are the grotbag scuttlers just based on how they look to me.

So confident in fact, that I've just ordered a kharadron army to fight against them.

If I'm proved wrong I'll eat my hat and/or my kharadron.

Joining the kharadron  is never a mistake though XD.

Still if grotbag are coming and they'll take some elements fron the old greenskins warmachine probably i'll bite that cake too.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

7 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

In regards to Grotbag Scuttlers and the new Gitslayer book (minor spoilers ahead):

Reveal hidden contents

Sky grobi are mentioned many times, but it is specifically moonclan grots highjacking or destroying KO vehicles. The name "Grotbag Scuttlers" is never used. If they intended Grotbags as an enemy to KO I feel like they would be mentioned by name in this book where the conflict is primarily KO vs grots. Hopefully I'm wrong though. Would love to see them.

Damn I am so hyped to read Gitslayer.

• Like 1

@Verminlord

Spoiler

There's also the point that the main enemies ,judging by ebook description, are Gloomspite, it does not make sense putting a new faction when there's  already a main foe.
Still both of the Gitz type conquered Barak Khazzar and created the bad moon city.....so let's see.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

19 minutes ago, ShyishBarry said:

Huh, looks like they just updated the article like minutes ago to remove the last paragraph about Kroak, Morathi and Gardus managing to draw Kragnos away for now. Guess the intent wasn't to spoil that much and someone messed up along the way.

also about the return of Grungni!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Our local GW just put this on FB.  I assume most GW stores did.

What I am curious to know is if their text is a copy paste job from HQ or something of their own devising.

"What will be the new Faction in the Dominion Starter box. I want a new Orruk faction what is it you want to see let me know in the comments while you take a look at the current state of the mortal realms in this article."

Yes, it was really hilarious to see how they litterally spoiled the story of Kragnos while the book wasn't even on pre-order, and they backtracked in panic while reading the comments online about how much a spoiler it was. 🤣

Edited by Sarouan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sarouan said:

Yes, it was really hilarious to see how they litterally spoiled the story of Kragnos while the book wasn't even on pre-order, and they backtracked in panic while reading the comments online about how much a spoiler it was. 🤣

To be honest, it was just a quick recap, the book wll have tons of new info.
Still the fate of excelsis is a big spoiler itself.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

To be honest, it was just a quick recap, the book wll have tons of new info.
Still the fate of excelsis is a big spoiler itself.

Not just that, they also spoiled Alarielle's actions are the reason why Kragnos got free.

It's honestly the whole story of Kragnos book they were spoiling. 😂

Edited by Sarouan
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

Why post a spoiler article then edit out the spoilers an hour later? >:(

I think they write articles months in advance and then the guy who pushes the button and the article goes live is not paid enough to care about the timeline. I think the BR story should have been wrapped up like a month ago. (umbraneth leak too) 

That's properly comical. It really was a two-line summary (if a book can be ruined by something that small, it's not worth reading) and the whole thing reflects how the schedule's been jerked around but still, funny that they had it in the first place and funny that they then edited it out in a panic a few hours later.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

That's properly comical. It really was a two-line summary (if a book can be ruined by something that small, it's not worth reading) and the whole thing reflects how the schedule's been jerked around but still, funny that they had it in the first place and funny that they then edited it out in a panic a few hours later.

No, but spoiling the end like this is actually saying a lot for those who follow the story so far. ;)

Spoiler

I mean, saying that Gardus, Morathi-Khaine and Kroak COMBINED THEIR EFFORTS to save Excelsis mean a big deal : that the story of the book will tell how they came together while you know Morathi-Khaine did a big backstab to Sigmar in the first book and there will be something big to tell to make them fight together again.

It's a two-line summary, yes, and that's the beauty of it ! It looks like it was telling not much, but it was the opposite. That's why it was removed : it was a too perfect summary. 🤣

Edited by Sarouan

6 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

No, but spoiling the end like this is actually saying a lot for those who follow the story so far. ;)

I mean, saying that Gardus, Morathi-Khaine and Kroak COMBINED THEIR EFFORTS to save Excelsis mean a big deal : that the story of the book will tell how they came together while you know Morathi-Khaine did a big backstab to Sigmar in the first book and there will be something big to tell to make them fight together again.

It's a two-line summary, yes, and that's the beauty of it ! It looks like it was telling not much, but it was the opposite. That's why it was removed : it was a too perfect summary. 🤣

It's my fault for staying here but mate. You just spoilt it for me. Use spoiler tags next time.

• Sad 2

The Kharadron Overlords and Fyreslayers have been getting along better – the return of a mythic figure, a beacon of hope for all duardin.

This must be something that happens in Kragnos then, because there's only been one paragraph in the second Fyreslayer Battletome talking about one battle where they got along. Be'lakor had a few Doomseekers get a lift from the Kharadron and otherwise that's been it. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

Here is some gameplay of the new Stormground game I was looking around and didn't see anyone post this yet, but sorry if it was covered already:

I don't think it looks bad but I think it would have been cool if this was a video game version of Warcry.

Edited by Neverchosen

3 hours ago, Feii said:

I think they write articles months in advance and then the guy who pushes the button and the article goes live is not paid enough to care about the timeline. I think the BR story should have been wrapped up like a month ago. (umbraneth leak too) 

It'll be a scheduled post - they don't have a person sat there with a calendar waiting to push stuff live 😉

• Like 3