The Rumour Thread

Its painful because while it doesn't feel like this warscroll is actually very useful in destruction factions, BoC would kill for a hammer exactly like this.”

Exactly! He really ought to have been a Centigor God-beast. I’d run him in BoC, no sweat. For Destruction? He doesn’t read as that much better than Gordrakk or a FLoSH

Edited by Televiper11
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, willange said:

Butcher-herd?!?!  Doom-Coven?!?!  

ARE WE GETTING SKAVEN AND BOC STUFF IN THE BOOK?!?!?!

It will probably just be some trash warscroll battalion that won't even be valid next edition, but still.... HYPEEEEEEE!

Skaven, boc, sylvanteh and  HoS

Screenshot_20210524-183456.jpg

• Thanks 1

Seem white dwarf have been amping up dwarves lately with fiction.  The latest with gotrek and I think the white dwarf putting some ghostly dwarves to rest. Gotrek also grumbles about Grungi seemingly not doing anything but helping Sigmar make things.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

What rule is that?

Bellow of rage calls out "defensible terrain" and saying that it is destroyed, with designer note stating that garrisoned buildings count as defensible terrain.

This likely points to 3rd edition rule being garrisons moving to "defensible terrain" which in 40k is a general terrain keyword. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

Skaven box (based on 5 models text) is most likely 3 stormfiends, warlock and doomwheel or cannon.

Any speculation on the other boxes? I am guessing the Sylvaneth box will be Dryctcha and two units of Revenants... the BOC and Slaanesh boxes are a little harder to predict. 

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Any speculation on the other boxes? I am guessing the Sylvaneth box will be Dryctcha and two units of Revenants... the BOC and Slaanesh boxes are a little harder to predict. 

from Reddit

Beastmen - Bray Shaman, 6x Bullgors, Cygor Kit

Sylvaneth - Drycha, 10x Sprites

Slaanesh - Contorted Epitome, 3x Fiends, 5x Seekers of Slaanesh

Skaven - Bombardier, 3x Stormfiends, Warp Lightning Cannon Kit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, novakai said:

from Reddit

Beastmen - Bray Shaman, 6x Bullgors, Cygor Kit

Sylvaneth - Drycha, 10x Sprites

Slaanesh - Contorted Epitome, 3x Fiends, 5x Seekers of Slaanesh

Skaven - Bombardier, 3x Stormfiends, Warp Lightning Cannon Kit

I really don't need those Skaven, right? 😑

32 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

All of Broken Realms and not one Battalion discount box for Fyreslayers, probably the army that needed one most. Sad!

Maybe they didnt get one for the same reason Destruction didnt get any, they are due for a Battletome first up and receiving a new wave!?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I don't know what the issue is with people saying AoS is getting too many Mortal Wounds attacks.  I just played my first game of AoS is nearly a year of S2D (me) vs. DoT.  I must have been hit by at least 30 MWs all game long and saved like 20-24 of them mostly with Runic Shield type saves some by +5/+6 wound didn't happen. Everyone has got to get themselves some Runic Shields.  They're terrific.

On the other hand, Rend -1 is way too powerful.  I feel like I made less than 10% of those in yesterday's game. I didn't make a single save on my Chaos Shrine (I don't know who says it's a good unit, mine didn't do anything) and lost turn one to Pink Horror shooting. Those regular 5+ Saves are near impossible to make.

Spoiler

This is totally a joke. I understand probabilities and single event instances and such.  I just found yesterday's game hilarious that +5 MW Saves were easy for me to make, while regular 5+ saves felt near impossible.  My opponent less entertained by this as we are starting to develop a history of him attacking me with MW dealing spells and them barely doing anything.

I also understand that Mortal Wound saves are exceedingly rare in Age of Sigmar. So even if a player wanted to take some sort of item that could protect their army, most factions don't have anything. 

Edited by Saturmorn Carvilli
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Acrozatarim said:

I'm taking this one with a vast pinch of salt because we've already got Fellwater troggoths, haven't we? I can't imagine them doubling up on the name like that.

It does seem a bit iffy. It's easy to imagine someone spitballing or outright making stuff up hearing that the new guys are based in swamps/mires/fens, noticing that the current Fellwater Trolls are pretty swampy themselves, and stitching the two together.

I wouldn't be upset if the current Fellwater trolls wound up in the new faction, the sculpts are pretty recent and perfectly characterful. Seems like they'd fit.

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

All of Broken Realms and not one Battalion discount box for Fyreslayers, probably the army that needed one most. Sad!

Good point. A discounted box of 2 Hearthguard Berzerkers and a hero would help a little.

They could really use a battleforce box. But it won't happen probably. 2x berzerkers, lizard, vulkites and 1 small hero.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 1