The Rumour Thread

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, zamerion said:

I was expecting today a clue, preview, silhouette, or something related to the new breed, but it doesn't look like :(

There are also no signs of a preview this weekend, so we will have to wait until 29.

The final article on a Monday normally doesn't go up until 6pm UK time, but I don't think they're doing new model Monday's any more right?

5 hours ago, Ahlambra said:

I'm in the same boat, I love the ramshackle goofiness that seems to follow GW Goblins around. If they have any kind of chariot unit I'd almost be tempted to get the Blood Bowl Snotling wagons for it.

I think that theme will be used by Grotbag(ramshackle airships with grots using broken fake wings like doom divers and pump powered copters).

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

Oh its was going to be Warhammer animation preview for this Saturday

Massive Warhammer Animation News – Coming This Saturday - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

i mean its cool and all but i guess we be waiting for the 29th now

EDIT: unless there a surprise AoS animation tease for the new edition trailer 

Edited by novakai

Admech Codex, Datacards and Dice have been limited to 10 per Alchemists Workshop.

Seems GW really is getting thrown by the foreign production. 

Hopefully the AOS releases arent too badly affected?

Wonder if Dominion might take a hit bc of the rulebook?

26 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Admech Codex, Datacards and Dice have been limited to 10 per Alchemists Workshop.

This is so bad when you think that in 40k buying the physical codex is the only way to get it :/ I really really hope that model never comes to AoS

18 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm glad they decided to give the animation its own show. I'm curious about what they'll show but I'm not going to stay up until 2am local time to watch it live.

I’m pleased as well. I love all forms of animation and think it’s a great medium for telling stories. It will be cool to see what they are showing and hopefully not all 40K. I’ve just finished off Castlevania and got second season of Love, Death and Robots to watch, so the GW stuff has a high bar to hit!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Marcvs said:

This is so bad when you think that in 40k buying the physical codex is the only way to get it :/ I really really hope that model never comes to AoS

I think it’s different markets (player base) so unlikely. I like the idea of what they have done with 40K for things like this but not a massive fan of how it actually works. 

2 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I’m pleased as well. I love all forms of animation and think it’s a great medium for telling stories. It will be cool to see what they are showing and hopefully not all 40K. I’ve just finished off Castlevania and got second season of Love, Death and Robots to watch, so the GW stuff has a high bar to hit!

Currently pumping my way through Castlevania Season 4 and loving it. Finished Love, Death + Robots the day it dropped, fantastic show but not as enjoyable as season 1 I found.

• Like 2

I cannot be excited for animation day, simply because they seem to ignore AoS in that regard. All the promo in the article is 40k related. Im not watching this show. I hope they reveal something AoS related and I hear of it later proving me wrong.

Edited by Yoid
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, EnumaEilish said:

I just hope to Crom we get some sort of M2O for the 3e launch box, so I have a shot at ordering it.

yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the same tactic as Indomitus. I get stopping scalping/botting is reactionary security (as opposed to proactive) but unless GW gets a kickback from scalpers, there's no reason to not *try* a new approach against them.

4 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the same tactic as Indomitus. I get stopping scalping/botting is reactionary security (as opposed to proactive) but unless GW gets a kickback from scalpers, there's no reason to not *try* a new approach against them.

there's also no reason to try (apart from, maybe some PR bonus): a sold box is a sold box, whether the buyer is a scalper or Mr. Real Hobbyst. In fact, if FOMO + fear of scalpers lead more people to buy the box the second it comes out, I'd say the company might actually profit from the existence of the scalpers' threat. That being said, I also think it will go the same way as Indomitus: sold out in 0.6 seconds and then M2O

1 hour ago, Dreddships said:

Seems GW really is getting thrown by the foreign production. 

Hopefully the AOS releases arent too badly affected?

Wonder if Dominion might take a hit bc of the rulebook?

I think rulebooks are printed in the UK. 

3 hours ago, Deakz28 said:

A0A1A8B0-DB1C-485A-B685-1075F7EC5F03.png.b24df02c6ca41a10f6f29c5012b943d1.png 
In case anyone is still wondering, I emailed customer service today through store email to get answer to whether legions of nagash is null and void, this is the response, hope this answers all concerns anyone has :) basically seems either run SBGL with allies for missing units, or a grand alliance DEATH army

I think it's a fair concern that a surprising number of people will probably have. Normally your book gets replaced by something with the exact same name so you know what is going on.
If you are a bit out of the loop, or don't extensively follow warhammer online you'd be confused as to what book to stick with.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I'm glad they decided to give the animation its own show. I'm curious about what they'll show but I'm not going to stay up until 2am local time to watch it live.

I’m glad too. I always feel a bit deflated when a slot from a mixed preview goes to animation, but knowing it’s solely that going in makes me more excited for it. 

• LOVE IT! 1

Was also watching the latest season of Castlevania and I found myself thinking just HOW cool it would be to see some classic WHFB brought to life that way. Give me the collapse of the polar warp gates and the siege of Itza and tides of daemons washing over the failing temple cities, tiny bubbles of safety nestled within nightmarish jungles, inside which the beleaguered slann expend themselves pouring all of their might and magic into cataclysmic spells in a vain attempt to hold back the hordes at their gates... Gaaaah! 

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros

2 hours ago, Marcvs said:

there's also no reason to try (apart from, maybe some PR bonus): a sold box is a sold box, whether the buyer is a scalper or Mr. Real Hobbyst. In fact, if FOMO + fear of scalpers lead more people to buy the box the second it comes out, I'd say the company might actually profit from the existence of the scalpers' threat. That being said, I also think it will go the same way as Indomitus: sold out in 0.6 seconds and then M2O

I'd say this only works for so long, long enough that legitimate customers just get pissed off and look at other options or drop out of the game entirely.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

As +2 Tough has stated, it seems as if GW has regressed to its “old ways” of lacking communication and feedback with its customers. 

Im going to preface this as I'm not going at you Angry Panda. I really liked your post. I just needed this last quote.

Probably better served for a thread of it's own, but can you blame GW?  For some reason so much of the player base feels a sense entitlement to know the business practices of the company and then when there is no "communication" there is an unnecessary amount of rage directed towards them. I'm sorry to say it, but, if GW doesn't feel the need to disclose stuff to the comminuty that is their prerogative. 

There are far to many instances where very influential content creators have gone out of their way to stir up discontent and encourage a large amount of negativity towards GW. Just look at all the people trolling GW during their live streams. When the loudest part of feedback is generally negative and not even constructive, I would argue, it compounds the reasons why GW would be more inclined to being silent about things, especially when it  comes to reveals amd things that, us as the community, should be excited for because it means new models to see on the tables. A lot of these content creators need to assume a level of social responsibility for how they act and how they can negatively influence reactions because of their platform. They also need to remember that the company they like to dig at, and further more the hard working people at GW who do not deserve personal attacks, are the reason they have a platform and in some cases have been able to turn it into a career of sorts. 

With that said, I hope the aforementioned rumor about expanding existing armies is true. I'd love to see an expansion on the Fyreslayers that isn't just the Warclans treatment. This would be a great opportunity for GW to increase the range and add a uniqueness to them that their range is in need of.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Lavieth said:

Im going to preface this as I'm not going at you Angry Panda. I really liked your post. I just needed this last quote.

Probably better served for a thread of it's own, but can you blame GW?  For some reason so much of the player base feels a sense entitlement to know the business practices of the company and then when there is no "communication" there is an unnecessary amount of rage directed towards them. I'm sorry to say it, but, if GW doesn't feel the need to disclose stuff to the comminuty that is their prerogative. 

There are far to many instances where very influential content creators have gone out of their way to stir up discontent and encourage a large amount of negativity towards GW. Just look at all the people trolling GW during their live streams. When the loudest part of feedback is generally negative and not even constructive, I would argue, it compounds the reasons why GW would be more inclined to being silent about things, especially when it  comes to reveals amd things that, us as the community, should be excited for because it means new models to see on the tables. A lot of these content creators need to assume a level of social responsibility for how they act and how they can negatively influence reactions because of their platform. They also need to remember that the company they like to dig at, and further more the hard working people at GW who do not deserve personal attacks, are the reason they have a platform and in some cases have been able to turn it into a career of sorts. 

With that said, I hope the aforementioned rumor about expanding existing armies is true. I'd love to see an expansion on the Fyreslayers that isn't just the Warclans treatment. This would be a great opportunity for GW to increase the range and add a uniqueness to them that their range is in need of.

If GW doesn't tell us why they did something baffling, I (and many more) just assume the worst and decrease my spending plans with them. They can fix this by telling us why they did the baffling thing. 

I mean GW as a company, not individual community members or designers.

But then again, I am not a loyal fan, I don't like the 40k lore (though Necromunda is fine), am only slowly warming up to AoS lore and don't spend 25 euro on an infantry model. GW is largely interchangable with Northstar for me, with GW making prettier sculpts with lower versatility, though at 250% of the cost of Northstar, if we're generous (and not count heroes, where it's more like 600%).

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

do you know of any place that collects the lore of the WD Flashpoints for ease of reading?

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

June's Flashpoint: Sellswords of Excelsis. The photo shows the the fight between Khorne Daemon's and Mega-Gargants.

HOLD UP THE FLASHPOINT ARTICLES ARE LORE!?

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

HOLD UP THE FLASHPOINT ARTICLES ARE LORE!?

Somehow quoted you twice 😂 I believe so, they’re in 40K so I assume they are in aos, however most of it will either be expanding on Broken realms Kragnos, or be included in it (lore wise at least, maybe not the extra stuff they throw in) 

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said: