The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Howdyhedberg said:

So .. whats the timer at the AoS webpage counting down to? Release? The day we will see the opposing force? The day they will offer the cursed city again?

Probably the reveal of the indomitus-style launch box. Who knows if we get a teaser for the opposing faction before then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Howdyhedberg said:

So .. whats the timer at the AoS webpage counting down to? Release? The day we will see the opposing force? The day they will offer the cursed city again?

i hope they reveal the opposing force sooner but i wouldn't be surprise

May 22: more stormcast and a peak at the new army

May 29 cinematic trailer maybe and the new Army in full

• Like 1

We should always take what community says with a grain of salt unless they're being super specific, but this sounds like we might not be losing battalions.
image.png.ef91387b832232bb6422be61e9a5e84e.png

I've had a hunch the core battalions might be an additive rule for a while, even after Smorgan's video saying they were gone. The wording between them being replacements or additive isn't hugely different and given his other video where he was talking about how command abilities got increased range didn't mention if they were changed to wholly within (which they almost certainly are) I wouldn't be surprised if he glossed over it or made an assumption.

For reference a hypothetical writing of the rules:

Spoiler

Core battalions only
"Only core battalions are available for use in matched play and are useable by any allegiance"
Core battalions + warscroll battalions
"Core battalions are available for use in matched play and are useable by any allegiance"
Literally a 1 word change.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Feii said:

who say they won't? 

The well akchtually you can already do XYZ is such a tiresome argument. Yeah people can do allies but most players prefer one book one army policy. (especially when they are starting out/getting into a new GA)  

If I were to ally a 3ple faction duardin list I would need to buy 3 books and BR books. If they lump them together you get 1 book for a big faction. Much easier. 

I can't see any reason why they should give us more models if all dwarves will be in 1 book. I can bet, that IF this will happens combined army will be more competitive than solo... which will force other players to buy models they don't want.

5 minutes ago, zamerion said:

Preorder 29 will be very difficult? 😪

It's almost certainly not going up for preorder on the 29th, unless they announce it well ahead of then. Indomitus' preorder was telegraphed well in advance. Whenever it does go up for preorder, it's almost certainly going to be a massive scramble to get it. The indomitus rush was so bad, GW released it as a made-to-order after that, so it might happen again with this box.

2 minutes ago, EnumaEilish said:

It's almost certainly not going up for preorder on the 29th, unless they announce it well ahead of then. Indomitus' preorder was telegraphed well in advance. Whenever it does go up for preorder, it's almost certainly going to be a massive scramble to get it. The indomitus rush was so bad, GW released it as a made-to-order after that, so it might happen again with this box.

There are 2 previews this month. One will be 29th sure. The other maybe 22th. Maybe they show the box the 22th. Pre-orders 29th with other celebration preview, with some details about the future of the 2 factions. They did something similar in 40k.  If I don't believe this is because kragnos hasn't been released yet

1 hour ago, Talas said:

BR:Teclis FAQ,too. Only Lumineth changes, though.

24 minutes ago, PrimeElectrid said:

My bet is that it's the countdown for the reveal of the big launch box.

6 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

We should always take what community says with a grain of salt unless they're being super specific, but this sounds like we might not be losing battalions.

I've had a hunch the core battalions might be an additive rule for a while, even after Smorgan's video saying they were gone. The wording between them being replacements or additive isn't hugely different and given his other video where he was talking about how command abilities got increased range didn't mention if they were changed to wholly within (which they almost certainly are) I wouldn't be surprised if he glossed over it or made an assumption.

Hide contents

Core battalions only
"Only core battalions are available for use in matched play and are useable by any allegiance"
"Core battalions are available for use in matched play and are useable by any allegiance"

I was thinking this, too. It would be a good way to keep existing battalions around while closing the gap between haves and have-nots a bit. Would be nice if the battalions from BR:Kragnos were not instantly invalidated.

2 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I'm assuming May 29 is the big box reveal, a cinematic, and launch date announcement

40k 9th edition was fully revealed on the 23rd of May (the cinematic, Indomitus box, etc) so the timing isn't that far off - particularly with it being a Saturday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zamerion said:

There are 2 previews this month. One will be 29th sure. The other maybe 22th. Maybe they show the box the 22th. Pre-orders 29th with other celebration preview, with some details about the future of the 2 factions. They did something similar in 40k.  If I don't believe this is because kragnos hasn't been released yet

The Indomitus box had a very drawn out preview cycle. The cinematic trailer came out in late May, and the box was released in late July. I'd bet on the AoS edition launch being at least a little more drawn out than normal. Maybe not to the extent of Indomitus, because 40K is GW's flagship product, but almost certainly more than one or two weeks between the box announcement and the preorder.

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I actually expected this to be ruled the other way. Looks like it can't be charged 90% of the time

Screenshot_20210510-155257_Drive.jpg

I'm stunned they ruled it to work in the opponents' shooting phase as well. Be mindful of your positioning and certain armies will literally never catch it...it's cool and all, but I can definitely see it being one of those 'NPE' situations when it gets abused. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 5

Just now, zamerion said:

Then the may22 that will be other preview? Only for the bad guys? 

Other preview's probably the 22nd, GW would have probably announced a preview for this Saturday by now, and it makes sense to give people a breather after last week. Hard to say what the contents will be. Could be 40k, but between Orks, Sisters, and still unreleased AdMech, they have a lot in the pipe. I think a sneak peek at a few models from the other half of the launch box makes sense.

41 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm pretty sure there will be a preview on May 29th that shows off the launch box in full. I also think the logo we keep seeing will be part of a longer animated video like we saw for 9th edition. 

wait what logo

6 minutes ago, EnumaEilish said:

They showed off this logo at the start of Saturday's preview. Honestly, I can't see much of a difference between it and the second edition logo, but I haven't taken a close look.

01a Logo.png

It looks like the same logo to me tbh, I thought they had just shifted the background colour to the more blueish tint over the older greenish tint of the malign portents/Soul wars era of the logo.

New box set predictions

SCE

10 vindicators

5 new archer unit (based off of rumor engine)

3 big Palladian unit (can’t remember their name)

3 new heavy cavalry units

2-3 new heroes

No idea on other faction but thinking swamp gobbos

20 swamp gobbo infantry

3 swamp gobbo riders

3 monster units (Fimir?)

1 big monster unit

3 various heroes

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

Reveal hidden contents

Core battalions only

Saying that existing battletomes will still work is just saying that no models and allegiances will be invalidated in 3rd.

If we're getting a big change regarding battalions, I would expect that change to happen at the dawn of the 3rd edition. Keeping both Core battalions and faction battalions around would be messy.

• Like 3