The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

In the spirit of I-need-to-waste-time-until-the-reveal-tomorrow, everyone post

-One thing you WANT to be revealed tomorrow

-One thing you EXPECT to be revealed

-One thing you DON'T want to be revealed

I want a roadmap! Want to know what books are coming and when 

I expect some form of animation/comic/tv show/streaming service.

See above. Ever since I watched the Ultramarines film I'm convinced GW haven't got a clue about how to bring their characters to life on screen. The entire thing was like the Dawn of War intro (SPEHSS MAHREENS)

Edited by Jagged Red Lines

- I want trays with alternate activation (à la ASOIAF )

- AoS 3.0 with double turn and free summoning removed

- AoS 3.0 with double turn and free summoning staying

😋

• Haha 1

- an AOS 3 starter set with something Destructiony versus new Stormcast that can't be reforged and as a result they've gone all Rohan "ride to ruin and the world's end!" riding around on horses in battered armour defendig the Free Cities to the last man/woman to at least go down in history doing something legendary

- an animated video for AOS 3 and 1 or 2 models
- the Old World stuff

• Like 1

I want: Full reveal of AoS 3 with Goblins vs Cities of Sigmar. The ideal scenario

I expect: Teaser of AoS 3 with Greenskins (goblins+orcs, or maybe just small orcs) vs Stormcast Eternals; some packing peanuts made of mobile games and recaps. I would be satisfied with this.

I don't want: ...not seeing anything about AoS 3e. Stormcast that are not different enough from the ones we already have. It's already hard for a new player to see the difference between all these Doofenshmirtz-named golden guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

- Ruination Chamber: Inquisiton style stormcasts (some "Devoted of Sigmar" traits and fantasy battlesuits) and Hobgoblins.
- Animated trailer of the new 3.0 event, like Soul Wars was.
- Old world. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

- AoS 3.0 or Old World

- Horus Heresy Starter Set

- Animation news 

Edited by Nuriel

WANT- anything dwarf/kurnothi/sylvaneth-would do .. [like a teaser for things accompanying AoS3/Norse Dwarfs for Old World]

Expect: AoS 3, really looking forward to seeing what they are bringing for Stormcast [the sword-brethren style would be great for them] and for the new destruction crew.

Don't Want- 30k/40k marines..

• Like 2

Want: A suprise. Kurnothi, some new unexpected models or stuff, not just confirmations of already known stuff

Expect: Some Netflix series or AoS 3.0

Don't want: 3.0 to be only slightly teased

In general I will set up my expectations depending on Eddies and Adams clothes. If both wear the same stuff again it means all stuff is prerecorded which is a good sign to not expect too much. 

5 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

Want - 3.0 announced with Destruction Vs Order, new Orruks/Ogors and Gargants!! Can I please get a plastic Mammoth for BCR GW.

Expect - Teasers for 40K animations, 3.0 announced, 40K stuff.

Dont - Horus Heresy, 40K, 40K animations, Videogames, Old World.

Controversial but Old World is years away still and 3.0 is this year. 

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 1

Based on how the past few editions have been advertised, I'd be surprised if they came out and told us much of anything about it out of the blue. There is usually at least a few weeks of teaser trailers, vague hints, and all the usual stuff they do to build hype. SO if there is a 3.0 announcement, I'm expecting a short animation style trailer that doesn't really give anything away about... well anything really.

While there has been a distinct lack of AoS stuff this time around, I'm not actually that keen on having a new edition of Age of Sigmar. Its been so long since I've been able to actually play the game that I feel I've barely used half of my 2.0 books.

One interesting thing to consider, is that when 2nd edition was about to drop, they changed the trade dress of their books to match the new style. So Idoenth and DoK have the white spine rather than turquoise, the slimmer hammer logo, and the darker AoS logo, despite being 1.5 books. We've seen the cover for Soulblight a few weeks back, but I don't recall whether it had the same trade dress as the other 2.0 books, or whether there were any slight differences which might suggest that its a book for 2.5 or 3.0. Just a thought.

Expect disappointment. At least for the game media it has been very lackluster, that AoS auto battler mobile game just proved that the focus is entirely off center for them. There is so much to explore in the universe they have created, so many genres that could be used, but they keep insisting to release the most boring games possible, like auto battlers, card games, some cheap looking VR stuff and weird turn based stuff that does not play like warhammer at all. 

I'd even settle for a half decent RPG, as they are working with Focus Home after all we cant expect AAA, but something like the Creedfall game set in the cursed city or something could be cool, and they would not be able to sell out the digital copies in 5 minutes for that either (sorry).

Anyway the mysterious reveal, seeing 40k already got 2 days of previews, could very well be AoS 3.0, with leaks and talks going around it would seem to close in on the time to announce that, if the Kragnos book is the last Broken Realms, that would make sense.