The Rumour Thread

45 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

sounds about right, I cannot imagine they'd put the magazine out before the reveal week

48 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I don't pay much attention to White Dwarf but scrolling through my local Warhammer stores Facebook, it looks like they made a post on April 16 about the last White Dwarf being available. So mid month I guess? 

The White Dwarf is normally released on the third Friday of the month.

We had January 15th, February 19th, March 19th and April 16th.

After May 1st is a Saturday, this would mean that the third Friday is May 21st

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Captura.JPG.e661d6612dd2e41761c670de2389ea08.JPG

May White Dwarf

I think her name is Lauka Val, Mother of Nightmares

It doesn't have to be a new model. After many of the new White Dwarf included "Anvil of Apotheosis" Rules, it is possible that this model is simply a conversion + including the warscroll into the White Dwarf.

My opinion to the rumours of the Battalions.

My guess is that GW wants to create plain ground for Matched Play (after Battalions are quite uneven right now).

The Battalions we have at the moment are basicly some sort of Represenation how the army or parts of the army would look like.

At the moment GW has the problem that every Generals Handbook will invalidate Battalions if they aren't mentioned with point values or mentioned in an FAQ if they are still valid. (looking at White Dwarf Battalions, Campaign Books/Boxes). If Battalions besides generic ones are only usable in Open/Narrative play they basicly never will be outdated. And maybe we wound't need as many rules how Battalions should work (like the desaster we had with the FAQs about Battalions an the Allegiance).

With the intention to even the Battalions for all factions it would be a little counter productive if some subfactions would get additonal rules for the generic Battalion. The only faction, that would have a real problem with such a change would be Beasts of Chaos, because their Battalions are a Ticket to get the models into the God armies.

Edited by EMMachine
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Captura.JPG.e661d6612dd2e41761c670de2389ea08.JPG

May White Dwarf

I think her name is Lauka Val, Mother of Nightmares

Looks like the Abyssal Terror hidden behind those things in the front?

Looks like Vampire Knights on foot and some kind of 'feral' vampires in front of Lauka Val.

Also holy mother of god they really made that Resident Evil Villain as a centrepiece

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Hahaha i was literally about to post this pic, foamed at the mouth as soon as I seen it!! Holy moly that's definitely a new model! 

Come ooooonnnn Monday, don't say that very often. 

I know right!? All of April I looked forward to Mondays and it seems to continue into May!!

Also this model is already looking ****** incredible. I love love love that each new Faction is getting centrepiece models. 

The mind boggles to see what could be for Warclans, Mawtribes and Gloomspite for 3.0.

• LOVE IT! 3

28 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

The White Dwarf is normally released on the third Friday of the month.

We had January 15th, February 19th, March 19th and April 16th.

After May 1st is a Saturday, this would mean that the third Friday is May 21st

It doesn't have to be a new model. After many of the new White Dwarf included "Anvil of Apotheosis" Rules, it is possible that this model is simply a conversion + including the warscroll into the White Dwarf.

My opinion to the rumours of the Battalions.

My guess is that GW wants to create plain ground for Matched Play (after Battalions are quite uneven right now).

The Battalions we have at the moment are basicly some sort of Represenation how the army or parts of the army would look like.

At the moment GW has the problem that every Generals Handbook will invalidate Battalions if they aren't mentioned with point values or mentioned in an FAQ if they are still valid. (looking at White Dwarf Battalions, Campaign Books/Boxes). If Battalions besides generic ones are only usable in Open/Narrative play they basicly never will be outdated. And maybe we wound't need as many rules how Battalions should work (like the desaster we had with the FAQs about Battalions an the Allegiance).

With the intention to even the Battalions for all factions it would be a little counter productive if some subfactions would get additonal rules for the generic Battalion. The only faction, that would have a real problem with such a change would be Beasts of Chaos, because their Battalions are a Ticket to get the models into the God armies.

Allegiance abilities are unequal in general, as are subfactions, spell lores, army warscrolls, artifacts etc...
There is inequality in literally every aspect of each armies' allegiance abilities, battalions aren't an outlier here. Maybe they think there are too many layers to balance at the moment, but these kinds of things are what make armies distinct. You can't have armies with different playstyles and identities without having inequalities, its inevitable, since the only way to eliminate the inequalities is to remove the source of the inequality, and then we end up with 1 army with many different coats of paint.

I'm not sure why we're so offended by battalion inequity, but are willing to overlook the inequities from other sources. The strongest army in the game at the moment (Seraphon) often doesn't even bring battalions in their most competitive lists, so it's not like its a direct correlation to army strength. Plus there are some great battalions in weak armies (like BoC & Spiderfang gitz). 

As an analogy you can imagine an armies' allegiance abilities like a bunch of levers for different aspects (subfactions, battalions, spells, etc) removing a lever doesn't actually make things any more balanced, it just shakes things up as the armies with that lever turned up suffer, and the armies with that lever turned down are unaffected. Generic battalions are like setting a minimum on how low a lever can be across all armies.

The fallout from this change will be that armies with strong battalions like: Tzeentch, Fyreslayers, BoC, Spiderfang, Jaws of Mork, Ironjawz, Mawtribes?(eurlbad and goremand?), KO, SCE, StD, Khorne, Bonesplitterz will all suffer, while armies with weaker battalions like Seraphon (in their best lists), Cities of Sigmar, Sons of Behemat (if they can even fit them in), and skaven will get stronger. There's probably some I've missed since I'm not familiar with every army, but there seem to be a lot more mid-low tier armies hurt by this change than helped. I'm sure they can correct the balance issues with time, but I don't like the direction this is pointing AoS into, especially if this becomes a trend.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Reposting some rumours I found elsewhere

Reveal hidden contents

New dire wolves, no new black knights. No mortarchs Arkhan in gravelords book, the other two are in. Arkhan and morghasts are officially Bonereaper units now, not in the soulblight book. No ghosts either, those are just Nighthaunt units. You can use Nagash.

I think those are all *safe* rumors. It aligns with what I have been thinking as well.

1 hour ago, EMMachine said:

It does look very similar to Sigvald's stance, so I could see it being a kitbashed model using the new Anvil rules. It's not like we haven't seen Sigvald converted to a Vampire before..

38 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I know right!? All of April I looked forward to Mondays and it seems to continue into May!!

Also this model is already looking ****** incredible. I love love love that each new Faction is getting centrepiece models. 

The mind boggles to see what could be for Warclans, Mawtribes and Gloomspite for 3.0.

Gloomspite - Hopefully a named Troggoth. Make it Mancrusher sized. 

Warclans - Ironjawz have the Dragon Cabbage, Bonesplitterz deserve some big beasties... A Giant Squig perhaps? A 'Squiggoth' if you will...

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Warclans - Ironjawz have the Dragon Cabbage, Bonesplitterz deserve some big beasties... A Giant Squig perhaps? A 'Squiggoth' if you will...

I always imagine some sort of spirit/bone dragon for bonesplitterz with a wurrgog or maniak weirdnob on top channeling a particularly strong beast spirit through it's remains

• LOVE IT! 1

Let me prefice that this is pure speculation. (And also a departure from the current Vampire conversation.)

With that said, here's a thought:

If the LRL battletome was written with 3rd Edition in mind, it might actually lend some credence to the List Labs rumor about CP.

Total Eclipse can be debilitating in the game's current state, but would be far less egregious if CP was generated every battle round in a similar manner to RDP. (With RDP, it's reasonably possibly to generate 4-6 points each turn, assuming you don't get lucky with the dice.) Total Eclipse would still be powerful, but not nearly as much as it is now.

Additionally, the Shrine Luminor free CP ability wouldn't be nearly as significant a boost. Still very good to have, but not nearly as huge a swing in power potential.

Still speculating, we might be able to infer that the fact that the Sentinels' shooting ability hasn't been adjusted could mean that there will be a better protection system for low-wound heroes, though how that might look I wouldn't dare to guess at.

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

I'd love a larger Troggoth!! Huge and Dank.

If they bring back a plastic Squiggoth kit I'd love to see an equal sized Mammoth for Mawtribes!!

Just now, ZenithZilfin said:

No Underworlds reveal today? Or do we think they're saving it for next week? Was hoping to see some more of our fishy bois. 

Definitely saving it mate.

@JackStreicher I'm not sure about that model actually has a cape. Might be misunderstanding but I think what looks a bit like the curve of the cape on the Akhelian dude is actually some sort of rib-like terrain or ruin behind the vampire. Blue-grey-green but with a sort of rust-red ending, just like the other one to the left.

This:

1204291189_Screenshot2021-04-30at18_05_03.png.e280d875b2e6170947c42a95b2b82f48.png

isn't the same as this:

1257772262_Screenshot2021-04-30at18_02_30.png.06457180bf5e27d6344bff4e29a28c49.png

Or am I off in interpreting your comparison? The pose of the arm isn't all that similar (though the sword itself looks like Sigvald's) and I think the torso is different too.

Edited by sandlemad

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

@JackStreicher I'm not sure about that model actually has a cape. Might be misunderstanding I think what looks a bit like the curve of the cape on the Akhelian dude is actually some sort of rib-like terrain or ruin behind the vampire. Blue-grey-green but with a sort of rust-red ending, just like the other one to the left.

This:

1204291189_Screenshot2021-04-30at18_05_03.png.e280d875b2e6170947c42a95b2b82f48.png

isn't the same as this:

1257772262_Screenshot2021-04-30at18_02_30.png.06457180bf5e27d6344bff4e29a28c49.png

Or am I off in interpreting your comparison?

You might be right! It‘s very hard to tell from that blurry image!

1 hour ago, follywolf said:

two type of vampires? 

9t1kjWlDllBsUIzh.jpg

One type for combat and one mage form.

58 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

When was the last time White Dwarf featured a kitbashed model in a battle report that's the intro for a newly updated or released army?

Most likely with 4 Generals. The Ambossrules were used in Battlereports this year, but they used the standardmodels. Most of the conversions were shown in the Anvil Rules in the Generals Handbook.

I don't know the source, but it is possible that the model shown in White Dwarf could be a new one. In another community this sentince was posted.

Lauka Val, Mother of Nightmares. Also able to be built in a generic version.

Also able to build in a generic version looks like a new model.