The Rumour Thread

My only thoughts rn are, if RDP are going to get errat'd for the new CP abilities and the 'double turn CP nerf' happens, OBR are going to be absolute monsters.

Honestly though, alot of rumours, such as objectives becoming '40k style', feels like complicating AOS and making it '40k but fantasy'. 

AOS thrives on simplicity and that it's new player friendly - don't see a positive to complicating it.

If I was to name one thing I'd enjoy, it'd be the 'Crusade-esque' system and an implementation of 'Power Levels'.

I'm a simple guy. I like 1 digit addition. Adding 165 and 240 and 85 gets too hard for my art degree brain. Let me just add 4, 5 and 2 up instead.

-

Hot take though - it wouldn't surprise me if AOS 3.0 launches and a focus is on overhauling the SC! boxes with 500 point 'Combat Patrols' with the first boxes on Lumineth + OBR alongside SCE Chambers not in the Starter Set.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Iksdee said:

They should give a unit over 10 models with shields a shield formation ability that gives them +1 against shooting and cant charge!

Or they could just stop amending every warscroll shield to only work against melee attacks. Why do 90% of AoS shields not work against arrows? Does no one in the mortal realms know how they work?

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

I guess interesting note is that none of the recent tomes have things that suggest there is AoS crusade rules on the horizon unless it’s an overhaul to Path to Glory or the times wheren’t particularly made for the next edition

i believe Crusade rules are strictly in Codexes though you can get expanded rules through supplements 

30 minutes ago, PJetski said:

The new short story 

Hide contents

seems to imply that the Stormcast from Shadespire have been rescued

Spoiler

Not just Shadespire, I think, maybe not even them in particular. I think this is the result of what we saw in BR: Be'Lakor: the large scale capture and imprisonment of Stormcast souls by Death. It's been done before with Tarsus Bullheart and Pharus Thaum but the Lord Exorcist is open here about Nagash potentially having a continent's worth of oubliettes and dungeons filled with more souls than the dozen they rescue here.

I suppose this was one of Nagash's big goals during the Soul Wars. It seems to have only happened (i) via a minion, with the help of a daemon prince, and (ii) contemporaneously with or a little after Teclis laserbeaming him into a fragmented state. Nagash's pride is pretty fragile at the best of times, this will sting.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

You know, I always thought that if we are going to get "fallen stormcast" they will be on Nagash side, not Chaos. After all, they still have reasons to hate the Ruinous Powers, and Nagash should be able to restore their memories.
 Sometimes the memory loss is attributed to the Great necromancer chipping the souls of the stormcast, although we also know this can be done deliberately by the Anvil to delete pernicious thoughts. Even then, Nagash might be able to restore them, probably after some modifications...

20 minutes ago, sandlemad said:
  Hide contents

Not just Shadespire, I think, maybe not even them in particular. I think this is the result of what we saw in BR: Be'Lakor: the large scale capture and imprisonment of Stormcast souls by Death. It's been done before with Tarsus Bullheart and Pharus Thaum but the Lord Exorcist is open here about Nagash potentially having a continent's worth of oubliettes and dungeons filled with more souls than the dozen they rescue here.

I suppose this was one of Nagash's big goals during the Soul Wars. It seems to have only happened (i) via a minion, with the help of a daemon prince, and (ii) contemporaneously with or a little after Teclis laserbeaming him into a fragmented state. Nagash's pride is pretty fragile at the best of times, this will sting.

Spoiler

Why write a story about rescuing random stormcast from a huge dungeon? Why would Nagash hide some random Stormcast in a continent-spanning dungeon with so many guards? Why mention they were trapped in shadeglass?

I think the Stormcast rescued here have to be worth all the sacrifice the Exorcists squad went through to rescue - they lost more souls than they saved in total so the ones they rescued must be very important.

We know that the Stormcast in Shadespire were sent there to try to find a solution to the flaws in the reforging process... I think this is finally the continuation of that story.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:
  Hide contents

Why write a story about rescuing random stormcast from a huge dungeon? Why would Nagash hide some random Stormcast in a continent-spanning dungeon with so many guards? Why mention they were trapped in shadeglass?

I think the Stormcast rescued here have to be worth all the sacrifice the Exorcists squad went through to rescue - they lost more souls than they saved in total so the ones they rescued must be very important.

We know that the Stormcast in Shadespire were sent there to try to find a solution to the flaws in the reforging process... I think this is finally the continuation of that story.

Spoiler

Because it follows on a plot point from BR: Be'Lakor in just the same way as most of the other published stories have with the other BR books. Because he's Nagash, the dude who's always cramming souls in colossal dungeons, and caging stormcast souls is what he's been trying to do since the very start of AoS 1st ed. Because that's exactly what shadeglass does.

I think the sacrifice was just the Lord Exorcist being noble for his brothers and sisters. Rescuing stormcast souls is a big deal on its own merits as being trapped and tormented like this instead of returning to Azyr is one of their main horrors. There's nothing in the dialogue to suggest that these captured stormcast have secret information that has to be retrieved or are anything special, just that they're the first to be rescued.

‘And these are but a few of the comrades whose souls have been claimed by Nagash. This dungeon spans a continent. By the God-King, who knows what blasphemies the Great Necromancer is wreaking in its deepest levels?’

[...]

‘One day my brethren will come for the rest, and we will tear this abomination down stone by stone.’

Also... it's not like we have any reason to believe that Severus Steelheart or any of the other 14 named WHU stormcast (or the others in the Shadespire novel) actually succeeded or even got out of Shadespire/Beastgrave. It's not like they've been significantly mentioned anywhere else as a going concern and moreover it's not like Nagash has them (or any of the other non-Stormcast folks who wandered into Shadespire), they're stuck in a weird atemporal loop.

I really do think this is just playing off of BR: Be'Lakor in the same way as e.g. the last story did with BR: Teclis. It will probably be built on further in AoS 3rd ed but linking it to WHU seems like a stretch.

I thought we blew up the "The Great Oubliette" during the dread solstice  campaign? 

End

The Great Jailbreak

As battle rages through the Prime Innerlands, Nagash casts ever more enemies into the Great Oubliette. Warlords and warriors alike tumble helplessly down hissing wells of grey sand, before plunging into the deeper darkness below. They stagger to their feet amidst endless stone corridors and whispering walls of shadow.

In his arrogance, distracted and set off balance by the sheer amount of foes hurling themselves at him from every side, Nagash has erred. More and more armed warriors mass in the corridors and halls of the oubliette until at last its guardians cannot hold them back. War rages through halls that have known naught but silence for thousands of years. Weapons are unleashed whose power even the arcane wardings of the oubliette cannot withstand.

Hundreds of cells are smashed asunder and the souls within released to recorporeate. Occupants trapped since before the Age of Myth emerge, blinking in the light. Ancient magisters and mages, disgraced vampiric aristocrats, snarling greenskin warlords, ice-hearted queens and Sigmar-touched heroes, blind loremasters, duardin kings and arrogant Skaven clan-lords; all of these and countless others burst from captivity and seek to make good their escape.

Anarchy reigns as battles are interrupted by the resurrection of beloved heroes, the return of long-lost loved ones and the sudden recorporeation of nemeses long thought slain. Some souls are trammelled once again, of course, but many more escape.

So are the ranks of the Anvils of the Heldenhammer hugely reinforced, Sigmar’s lightning spearing down again and again to snatch up heroes loosed from millennia of hardship. So too do many races see the return of heroes enshrined since time immemorial in folklore and legend. None can say what fate the Mortal Realms will face in the dark days to come, and all attempts to unseat Nagash have failed, but at least the forces of Order, Destruction and Chaos alike will face the looming darkness with their greatest heroes restored to them.

You were an instrumental part of this great victory, warlord, and you stand taller in that knowledge. Let the shadows gather – you are ready.

Edited by xking
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, xking said:

I thought we blew up the "The Great Oubliette" during the dread solstice  campaign? 

End

The Great Jailbreak

As battle rages through the Prime Innerlands, Nagash casts ever more enemies into the Great Oubliette. Warlords and warriors alike tumble helplessly down hissing wells of grey sand, before plunging into the deeper darkness below. They stagger to their feet amidst endless stone corridors and whispering walls of shadow.

In his arrogance, distracted and set off balance by the sheer amount of foes hurling themselves at him from every side, Nagash has erred. More and more armed warriors mass in the corridors and halls of the oubliette until at last its guardians cannot hold them back. War rages through halls that have known naught but silence for thousands of years. Weapons are unleashed whose power even the arcane wardings of the oubliette cannot withstand.

Hundreds of cells are smashed asunder and the souls within released to recorporeate. Occupants trapped since before the Age of Myth emerge, blinking in the light. Ancient magisters and mages, disgraced vampiric aristocrats, snarling greenskin warlords, ice-hearted queens and Sigmar-touched heroes, blind loremasters, duardin kings and arrogant Skaven clan-lords; all of these and countless others burst from captivity and seek to make good their escape.

Anarchy reigns as battles are interrupted by the resurrection of beloved heroes, the return of long-lost loved ones and the sudden recorporeation of nemeses long thought slain. Some souls are trammelled once again, of course, but many more escape.

So are the ranks of the Anvils of the Heldenhammer hugely reinforced, Sigmar’s lightning spearing down again and again to snatch up heroes loosed from millennia of hardship. So too do many races see the return of heroes enshrined since time immemorial in folklore and legend. None can say what fate the Mortal Realms will face in the dark days to come, and all attempts to unseat Nagash have failed, but at least the forces of Order, Destruction and Chaos alike will face the looming darkness with their greatest heroes restored to them.

You were an instrumental part of this great victory, warlord, and you stand taller in that knowledge. Let the shadows gather – you are ready.

I always considered it a mass prison breakout, rather than complete destruction of the oubliette.  It does say "Some souls were trammelled once again", so some of the gaolers must have been still around to recapture them and put them back in their cells.

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

So what do we think the chances are for Kragnos being announced on the 3rd, Preordered on the 15th, released the 22nd?

It’s possible but at moment who knows. I’m expecting lots of Gravelord teasers if I’m honest. Depends how fast they want to get it out if 3rd edition is happening this summer

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iksdee said:

They should give a unit over 10 models with shields a shield formation ability that gives them +1 against shooting and cant charge!

7c50c6705f5ef0999b1663c76d105c80.jpg

Suggested this several times here and the response is meh...

This could work! More universal strategy is a big plus in my book!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DoctorPerils said:

🤔 All these gitmob rumours had me look at this rumour engine again...

2021-01-19.jpg

Is this paw not pretty close to the wolf paws on the snarlfangs?WHUWBeastgravePreview-Sep15-Snarlfangs7i

Sorry if this is obvious, I hadn't put 2 and 2 together yet XD

I thought it was some yet unreleased soulblight/werewolf, but now that you mention it.... they do look a bit similar

2 hours ago, PJetski said:
  Hide contents

I figured it was just an extended advertisement for the Krulghast Cruciators tbh.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

2021-01-19.jpg

Is this paw not pretty close to the wolf paws on the snarlfangs?WHUWBeastgravePreview-Sep15-Snarlfangs7i

I'm very excited now!!! OHHH! Come on, GW is time to release the snarlfangs!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

2021-01-19.jpg

Good catch!

Though the ice like bits under the arch still have me wondering xD 

Edited by Shankelton
Added context

28 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Lord I hope so! I neeeeed my Vamps!

I can't not see Soulblight getting their full release revealed next week xD. No more speculating on the full scoop of the range. I think the Bitey Boys time has come, when they'll release is another question entirely xD.

• Like 1

Just now, Shankelton said:

I can't not see Soulblight getting their full release revealed next week xD. No more speculating on the full scoop of the range. I think the Bitey Boys time has come, when they'll release is another question entirely xD.

It's a drug, right now I just want to see what is in the line up, but once that happens, then I'll *just* want to see some rules and then once that happens I'll want release info, I'm feeling like a crack head over here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

It’s possible but at moment who knows. I’m expecting lots of Gravelord teasers if I’m honest. Depends how fast they want to get it out if 3rd edition is happening this summer

Very true mate!! I cannot wait for next weeks Previews, besides you know, wanting a weekend haha

1 hour ago, DoctorPerils said:

2021-01-19.jpg

Mate you may have hit the Grot on the head with this one!!

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

I'm very excited now!!! OHHH! Come on, GW is time to release the snarlfangs!

Give the man his Wolf ladz!!

1 hour ago, Shankelton said:

Good catch!

Though the ice like bits under the arch still have me wondering xD 

Personally I'm hoping for a plastic Yehtee!!

9 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

It's a drug, right now I just want to see what is in the line up, but once that happens, then I'll *just* want to see some rules and then once that happens I'll want release info, I'm feeling like a crack head over here.

Mate I was in your shoes last year with the Sons, I know your pain, hold on brother!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1