The Rumour Thread

I'd also like to remind people of the very first BR piece of fiction. An orc is filled with energy and has visions of Kragnos, a primal god they clearly revere.

I don't think an orc would be empowered and have visions of some random elf or chaos god.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deakz28 said:

Hey, quite new here, been lurking and decided to join up, I’m wondering what does everyone think about Warcom showing off more models this week? Since we normally have reveals Mondays anyway, I’m wondering if there’s more to come? 

Welcome mate!!

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

When Kragonos said “my people are gone”, he might literally mean it

Everyone of them, gone

The city ruin thing he was looking at also doesn’t necessarily belong to his people.

The city might be turned into a ruin, very recently...

@Whitefang why do you do this to me!? The possibilities!!

6 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I'd also like to remind people of the very first BR piece of fiction. An orc is filled with energy and has visions of Kragnos, a primal god they clearly revere.

I don't think an orc would be empowered and have visions of some random elf or chaos god.

From the story

"Something clicked in Bokkrog’s mind. Above the shaman, the clouds were being blown by a hard wind. One of them looked a bit like a charging boar rider slowly pushing its way through wall upon wall of thick white clouds. No. Not a boar rider. Something far bigger. More primal.

A god.

The shaman came towards him, dipping his gnarled fingers into a pot of fungus woad. Bokkrog let the old orruk smear the bright-blue pigment on his face and chest, too entranced by the clouds to stop him.

‘It’s time, in’t it?’ said Bokkrog.

‘It is.’

‘He’s comin’, in’t he?’

‘He is.’"

That just sounds like a Bonesplitter's interpretation of Gorkamorka to me.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Is this speculation or deeper knowledge? 🧐

Whitefang typically very clearly states when they are being purely speculative.

And when Whitefang isn't speculating, we pay very close attention to what they have to say.

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

But the Kurnothi are not extinct and the Kragnos' people had gone.

Who would imprison an ORDER God?.

Allarielle literally did this to Kurnoth. Kurnoth was active before Allarielle woke, but when she tamed the jade kingdoms she flayed him, pulled out his heart, and planted it like a seed. From the seed grew Kurnoth, and she buried the rest of his body in the Wald to bind him and put him to sleep.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

From the story

"Something clicked in Bokkrog’s mind. Above the shaman, the clouds were being blown by a hard wind. One of them looked a bit like a charging boar rider slowly pushing its way through wall upon wall of thick white clouds. No. Not a boar rider. Something far bigger. More primal.

A god.

The shaman came towards him, dipping his gnarled fingers into a pot of fungus woad. Bokkrog let the old orruk smear the bright-blue pigment on his face and chest, too entranced by the clouds to stop him.

‘It is.’

‘He’s comin’, in’t he?’

‘He is.’"

Sounds like a centaur-like creature to me. 

So if Kragnos is the last one of his race, and he ends leading destruction we can assume he'll do this to use the Grand Alliance in his vengeance.
  And his ire is probably aimed at Order, because you don't need a reason to be Chaos or Nagash enemy, to be alive is enough. Probaly the Order Gods (or one of them) imprisoned him.

The biggest question to me is his relationship with Gorkamorka. Our green guy was the one tasked with getting rid of Godbeasts and the like, so there's a good chance he exchanged some blows with this newcomer. That could be another reason to lead greenskins and co.: To ****** off Gorkamorka.

Wild speculations here I know. 

20 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

From the story

A god.

‘It is.’

‘He’s comin’, in’t he?’

‘He is.’"

That doesn’t sound like Gorkamorka at all.

Arguing in favor of Kragnos:

The part about seeing a rider clearly alludes to Kragnos‘ centaur-like body structure. And an orruk would know Gorkamorka if they saw him, there‘s no reference to any sort of two-headedness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jator said:

Sounds like a centaur-like creature to me. 

So if Kragnos is the last one of his race, and he ends leading destruction we can assume he'll do this to use the Grand Alliance in his vengeance.
  And his ire is probably aimed at Order, because you don't need a reason to be Chaos or Nagash enemy, to be alive is enough. Probaly the Order Gods (or one of them) imprisoned him.

The biggest question to me is his relationship with Gorkamorka. Our green guy was the one tasked with getting rid of Godbeasts and the like, so there's a good chance he exchanged some blows with this newcomer. That could be another reason to lead greenskins and co.: To ****** off Gorkamorka.

Wild speculations here I know. 

A god.

Gordrakk is bringing a battering ram with the skull of a godbeast as it's head. hence why it's pushing it's way through the walls. A boar rider (or any cavalry) isn't shaped like a centaur either, Centaur are 'L' shaped, cavalry are 'T' shaped or possibly 'n' shaped if the rider is laying low.
Could it be kragnos? sure but it could also be the battering ram they've been dragging around since forbidden power. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

But the Kurnothi are not extinct and the Kragnos' people had gone.

Who would imprison an ORDER God?.

Ghur was originally a Realm ruled by proud hunter kings and beast lords before Orruks came, this is canon. Written in Orruk battletome.

So Kragnos could be refering to those people who once ruled Ghur, these hunter kings and beast lords. Maybe he was their king?

Also, Alarielle imprisoned Kurnoth, flayed him alive and tore out his heart. Read the Dark Harvest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I don't think it's a battering ram, it's Kragnos, so I'm throwing my hat into that camp, GW also outright reveals the twins in another BR short story and we didn't even realise it. I think it's the same here. 

That thrashing immensity took on a sinuous shape: a two-headed serpent, one visage sleek and refined, the other an angular mass of shining horns and fangs. As the latter head moved to tear at the duardin corpses, mangling them into more twisted forms, the former cast its lidless gaze about the chamber before focusing on the two champions.

Geld-Prince. Lord of Gluttony. Enough. Your squabbles avail the Dark Prince not. Make for the howling lands, where the glimmering spear mirrors past and future. There will the banquet be laid out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Ghur was originally a Realm ruled by proud hunter kings and beast lords before Orruks came, this is canon. Written in Orruk battletome.

So Kragnos could be refering to those people who once ruled Ghur, these hunter kings and beast lords. Maybe he was their king?

Also, Alarielle imprisoned Kurnoth, flayed him alive and tore out his heart. Read the Dark Harvest.

Ok, but Kurnoth and the Kurnothi are half-Stag, not Half-Horses.

3 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

Also, are BoC extinct and gone? Nope.

Races that make up Grand Alliance Destruction are not gone either.

I never said that Kragnos is for any of the actual Destruction races

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

Allarielle literally did this to Kurnoth. Kurnoth was active before Allarielle woke, but when she tamed the jade kingdoms she flayed him, pulled out his heart, and planted it like a seed. From the seed grew Kurnoth, and she buried the rest of his body in the Wald to bind him and put him to sleep.

Wait, wasn’t he already dead? His remains were taken to Allarie after he was slain in war agains Nurgle. Last pieces of his essence are within the spear she carries. 
I know that there may be some additional info in “Dark Harvest” - but I haven’t read it. Where is this part about Alarielle flaying Kurnoth - is it from that book?

Edited by Painbringer

Just now, Painbringer said:

Wait, wasn’t he already dead? His remains were taken to Allarie after he was slain in war agains Nurgle. Last pieces of his essence are within the spear she carries. 
I know that there may be some additional info in “Dark Harvest” - but I haven’t read it. Where is this part about Alarielle flaying Kurnoth?

I read it on a lore wiki, but the source is dark harvest chapter 15, although it's marked as a legend. Assuming the legend is true the kurnoth that was slain by nurgle would've been the one grown from the original one's heart.

34 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I do wonder how the Siege of Excelsis is going to be handled narratively. Will it be told in the next Core Book? Will it be a supplement such as Wrath of the Everchosen? Will it be a final BR book after 3.0 drops?

My brain says its the first narrative book of 3.0 and is either BR5 or kicks off a new set of narrative books.

I think this partly because I've heard (obviously unconfirmed) rumors of Gitmob being in the new starter set, and the only two things that would make sense for them would be a Lumineth vs Gitmob rematch (4th ed starter nostalgia) or as an initial scouting/raiding party for the Siege. The idea of the starter set being a prequel actually makes a lot of sense if we get a limited run "Indomitus Style" starter box like 40k did. When they eventually released the smaller "evergreen" starter box the narrative stuff had been removed.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

10 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I read it on a lore wiki, but the source is dark harvest chapter 15, although it's marked as a legend. Assuming the legend is true the kurnoth that was slain by nurgle would've been the one grown from the original one's heart.

Indeed, the Kurnoth slain by legions of Nurgle was a copy of the original Kurnoth.

7 minutes ago, novakai said:

I believe the Big Hot take was Stormcast Bretonnian Knights versus some Hobgoblin esque Wolfriders

i still admit though that Hobgoblin esque Wolfriders in the starter set seems a bit far fetch thought

Bretonnian Stormcast still seems like such a weird idea to me. Right out of left field xD

15 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@Ganigumo That starter set, combined with the Elf Ranger model from Warhammer Quest, is what started my hobby life!  I would nostalgia buy that in a minute!

It saved me from myself when I started in 5th. I bought this to start:

Tyrion, Teclis, Alarielle w/Maiden Guard, Imrik and a Tiranoc Chariot.

Thank goodness a friend put me in touch with someone selling the 4th HE half.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@Ganigumo That starter set, combined with the Elf Ranger model from Warhammer Quest, is what started my hobby life!  I would nostalgia buy that in a minute!

My dream starter set would've been new Eltharion vs a new fat goblin boss!

Just now, novakai said:

I believe the Big Hot take was Stormcast Bretonnian Knights versus some Hobgoblin esque Wolfriders

i still admit though that Hobgoblin esque Wolfriders in the starter set seems a bit far fetch thought

Hobgoblin-esque wolfriders are literally just gitmob unless they resurrect hobgoblins, which is far less likely than gitmob returning given they're still popping up in stories and we got rippas snarlfangs after they were squatted.
Brettonian knight styled stormcast vs gitmob would make sense in the scenario of gitmob being the initial wave/scouting force with the knights charging out to meet them. Gitmob are certainly the fastest thing in Destruction's roster. This is the only context in which that rumor makes sense (I seem to recall people saying their sources actually saw the wolf riders), but if it's a prequel to the excelsis siege it actually makes perfect sense.

2 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Bretonnian Stormcast still seems like such a weird idea to me. Right out of left field xD

Seeing as the rumor also said "hobgoblin esque" maybe it was a liberal interpretation of what "brettonian" means, as in mostly/full cav with fancy banners and heraldry and maybe some "peasants" as meat shields. 😅

• LOVE IT! 1

My guess is 

21 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

If there's any weight to it then it's probably just Stormcast in typical knightly trappings, kind of like the 'Gothic Primaris' Bladeguard Veterans.

My theory for 3.0's potential big box Destruction army will be the spiritual return of Greenskinz. We've seen with Gravelords they're open to updating WHFB sculpts and 'generic' concepts like skeletons and zombies, which came as a surprise to many people (including me) as well as Witch Hunters making a return and a potentially very Wood Elf look for the Kurnothi instead of all being animal-hybrids. Right now there's nothing between the Not!BlackOrcs of the Ironjawz and the Savage Orcs/Bonesplittaz, a place O&G/Greenskins previously had.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

From the story

A god.

‘It is.’

‘He’s comin’, in’t he?’

‘He is.’"

Here is another idéa. Bonesplitterz are known to hunt godbeasts, Kragnos says that his "people" are gone. Might he be a leader for a godbeast/monster faction? (Not that destruction really needs another monster based army). Maybe Kragnos after out for revenage against the Bonesplitterz for killing off his spawns/whatever and thats the feeling the Boy and Shaman have?

Edited by Rangeltoft