The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Matt Effect said:

Slightly worried you can only buy 1. I hope there wont be limited boxes available. I can see myself next Saturday glued to GW website waiting for them to go on pre order. 

Like Black Fortress this will be a medium term product. So GW will keep it in stock for a while. I fully expect to see it run out of stock every so often, but be restocked steadily as well. The core game will likely remain in stock until the product life cycle is over. 

GW needs it in stock because they will expand the game with expansion packs which will add new elements to the game and new models. 

The expansion packs ARE the ones that you will want to grab early because they are short term products that will have a much shorter restocking lifespan (if one at all). 

The whole game will eventually vanish, like Blackstone Fortress, however you've a few years. The 1 per customer limit on the GW website is purely to help try and stifle a few people grabbing loads of copies and denying them to others. This helps limit scalpers, but also helps try and ensure that as many people who can, can get a copy. Note that it will also stock through 3rd party stores as well so you don't just have to get it from the GW website. 

Depending on price I'd expect a strong reception next week for pre-orders on the GW site and 3rd parties, but perhaps not as powerful as there was for Indomitus (which crashed GW and most other websites for half a day). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Matt Effect said:

Slightly worried you can only buy 1. I hope there wont be limited boxes available. I can see myself next Saturday glued to GW website waiting for them to go on pre order. 

I imagine it's purely to stop scalping on a box that's massively anticipated.

We'll find out later in the week if we're getting yet another 20 a retailer issue and if we're ending up in another 'piety and pain' scenario where we sell out everywhere immediately. 

I'm hoping someone at GW realised the hype surrounding this and ramped up production - but luckily enough, we don't need to worry about FOMO for a product that will be reprinted for a good while

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

And one more Monday Model reveal as well!!

Excited as hell for everyone to get theirs hands on Cursed City!! 

Are Monday Model reveals ending for sure?

It has been such a fun little thing to look forward to each week. Hopefully they end on a big reveal. I suspect it will be 40k related as the reveals have been highly geared towards AOS so far.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Souleater said:

NMM isn't stopping, it's just the last one for this month.

I think when they started it they just said it was for March. 
Ah, here, in the first one they showed (rat vamp)

Welcome to our first-ever New Model Monday! Every week throughout March, we’ll be showcasing a brand new, previously unseen miniature – though the Rumour Engine may have revealed a glimpse at some point. Each model will be from one of our many game systems set in the Mortal Realms or the 41st Millennium, so they really could be anything.

Edited by Still-young
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, JustAsPlanned said:

It's actually happening! I guess I will be spending the next week trying to decide on a Gravelords paint scheme.

I hope we get a few more rules previews during next week's hype cycle.

This announcement also solidifies my expectation that Gravelords are probably just two months or so away.

• Like 2