The Rumour Thread

not sure if it means anything but the Backdrop for the trailer is Brown which is the color background for most of the destruction BR fiction stories

also keep in mind all the BR trailer had the character in  them, OBR was a faction reveal trailer and if you go by that metric Gloomspite and DoK had Morathi and Skargrott in them when they where reveal.

• Like 1

The Kurnothi were introduced to us in the game and in the lore when they were dispatched to Beastgrave to stop the mountain/the beast beneath the mountain being awoken - it seems more likely to me that Sylvaneth might be getting a proper unit or two of Kurnothi, but the Kragnos name and lore in the trailer is a being they failed to stop awakening - an ancient god or patron of Ogroids or Fimir or some civilisation of Fireater Ogors or something, rather than directly to the Kurnothi.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, elfhead said:

This Kragnos thing is interesting. Nice to see a new name pop up. BUT the second book hasn’t even be released yet. Why tease the fourth book already... GW really likes to hype up things way in advance I guess. 

well they confirm the Teclis book is going to be on preorder next week

@Kyriakin So with the Zombies gone that would make the gutter Runners and Eshin the oldest on the list. Makes me hope that the next time we see Skaven it could come with lots of Eshin Goodies, suprised Gutter Runners and Night Runners and an assassin haven’t featured in underworlds as a warband yet. SureEshin could have some cool machines and maybe even some agile Wolf Rater riders, but you could literally redo all the needed Eshin models in just one Sprue. I’d rather that were the case and the next phase of Skaven in the story puts the spotlight on Moulder. 

Well damn, looks like Gravelords are the 3rd  AOS army I want to get into this year and with possible Kurnothi in the future there might be a fourth. Combine that with the two 40K armies I’m slowly working through and to make matters worse I have a horrible feeling I’m going to like the new 40K or stuff.

Welp I’m screwed.

image.jpeg.256c69d7dbe47599679e3d23341711df.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

It'S btw hilarious how GW becomes more of Book-Workshop with each release :D I assume the renaming for 2021. AoS 3.0 will propably have Model-Optional-Rules so it is enough to get your weekly Battletome-Rerelease as well as as the White-Dwarf-Garnison, the upcoming monthly hardcover hobby tome with all important contents to play the game as well as some articles and lore :D

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, rosa said:

Wow, happy that everyone is excited...

BUT besides all that stuff is announced, what can I buy? -->Nothing!

4 BR now announced? Where can I buy one? This is nonsense...

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Broken-Realms-Morathi-EN-2020

And the 2nd goes up for preorder next weekend. The 4th is barely announced, we know the name and literally nothing else. We don’t know much more about the 3rd one either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Even if he's not Kurnothi, I definitely think it's Order related. We know that Beastmen absolutely despise civilisation and literally exist to tear it down, whilst Kragnos is overlooking the ruins of a city whilst talking about "[his] people" being gone.

BOC were basically booted off their land by Sigmar and his pals when they colonised the realms and its implied in the Lore that they had their own form of organised civilisation before that occured.

But I mean they have their own civilisation anyway. Civilisation just means a self- concious social and cultural structure and they have that.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Just realised, that 'Vampire' rumour engine arm holding the sword still  hasn't been solved has it?

And a good point on what it means for Grave Guard, the old sculpts certainly look out of place now. Dare to say yet more Gravelords to come?

Grave guard are just skeletons in Armour of which they are producing a new unit so I doubt it

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The VLoZD is pretty close to the new Blood Knight design so not necessarily. Plus it's still in use for FEC.

99120207035_FleshEatersVampireonZombieDragon01.jpg

I'm more curious about those spears in the back. The tease video last time showed what looked to be some very long spears/pikes that were out of focus and them popping up on the cover art probably isn't a coincidence. 

Apparently the skeletons can be equipped with either spears or swords so it's possibly just a lot more deathrattle

10 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

You can't have a "Derp List" and not include Rat Ogres/ Rat Ogors or whatever

Yea, I always only see the IoB ones in armies, which were great. I kind of forgot the non-IoB ones even existed.

I might eventually scrub the new death stuff eventually, and reset the image with Rat Ogors included. And Bullgors.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Thanks 1