The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

WAS THAT A BEASTMEN CENTAUR OR KURNOTHI

Hoping Kurnothi, thinking Beastmen/destruction

18 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Guessing he'll be related to Kurnoth somehow.

Really hoping.. 

19 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Who the F is Kragnos?

My thought.. I was totally gutted by that - was hoping for BR: Alarielle - this guy could be a new  destruction faction, plus his shield has the recent rumour engine which I was thought was dwarf .. 

Hoping, hoping he is something to do with Kurnoth [either a similar character or merely a different name for him]. Definetly beast themed, but chaos/order/destruction remains to be seen.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mojojojo101 said:

My current conspiracy theory is that Beastgrave season is finishing soon which will awaken whatever God is sleeping there and be the big smashy part of Broken Realms...

Now I think that God is Kragnos...

In the video he even talk about been imprisioned under a mountain, so it's totally possible

• Like 1

Artwortk looks quite Ghur-ish from the colors and the theme. Also the tribesman-look without the scent of chaos looks like GA:Destruction. The recent squat of Chaos Dwarfs released the design-space of centaurs for AoS again (GW typically does anything possible to keep factions quite distinct). This could be the first non-whfb-Carryover-themed Destuction Alligience.

As for Soulblight: It looks like a simple rebranding and cleanup of Legions of Nagash with some model updates. They don´t reinvent the wheel but instead clean up the Legions as the release of other Death Factions made them quite obsolete. I like what they are doing. Btw, the Direwolf on the book cover may be a hint for more models incoming

Edit: Btw, last time I´ve heard Kurnoth beeing mentioned was the Dark Harvest by Josh Reynolds. In it, Kurnoth is described as beeing in a state between dormand and awakening, with his cults increasing in power. He is mentioned to be in Ghyran, somewhere near of Greywater Fastness

Edited by Charleston
  • Like 1

I definitely think it's Kurnothi. 

My mind immediately went to the WHFB Orion model.

a8de77f68f42604ccf2df5d8cc893772--warham

We've also got the conspicuously normal looking Kurnothi in Cursed City who suggests they might be bringing the Wanderers back in line with Sylvaneth, so this would align with that.

Plus the art shares a few design cues with the Kurnothi Underworlds warband.

01.png

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

So kurnothi are the next broken realms book?

I have escaped my prison probably is referring to slaanesh's stomach.

could be the kurnothi are siding with destruction because they freed themselves after slaanesh escaped instead of the aelf pantheon freeing them when they had slaanesh locked up.

He says that he was in a mountain trapped under the rocks, that seems a clear reference to beast grave and direchasm

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I am thinking Kurnothi actually.  Centigors have clawed feet while this guy has hooves. 

Kurnothi.png

Actually he has the Kurnothi hair from the Underworlds war band. ... 

They look like they are fairly chucking these BR books out- we know the next 3 titles which haven't been released yet. Definitely looks like they are rushing towards 3rd ed AoS this summer the way they did with Psychic Awakening last year in the run up to the new 40k edition. 

2 minutes ago, madmac said:

That's a broad topic, but we know the Seraphon are planning to blow up Beastgrave, and this new God thing talks about escaping a Mountain...

We also know the amber under the mountain trapped monsters for long time that are now free, they never materialised in WU game itself but we also don’t know anyone who escaped the mountain... so far... his people could be some of those monsters.

He says his people is gone, so I’m not sure anymore about Kurnothi

Edited by alghero81

Could Kurnothi become a battletome and thrown a MR book Vs BoC/Kragnos? 

Kragnos being a BoC character and that trailer featuring a Kurnothi hero whose going to put him down.

As Alghero said too, could Kragnos not be the conclusion to the Beastgrave story and the *Beast* trapped in amber that gave it the titular name.

Kurnothi getting a battletome in the Beastgrave conclusion would be nice and fitting too 

Edited by Dreddships
Speculation
  • Like 1

Weird that these are properly new deathrattle skeletons when the current ones are fine, good even. These aren't bad but... they're sort of unnecessary. New Dire Wolves would have been better. Those Blood Knights are boss though, dunno if it's just AoS scaling or if these move into Varanguard super-elite cavalry levels. Zombies are nice, some clear effort to distinguish them as AoS dudes with the roots, but can't imagine they'd compete with Mantic zombies.

Ossiarch WHU dudes are fine. Mir Kainan is fantastic but sadly the others don't quite transcend the faults of the normal Mortek guard. Good poses but those faces have the same old issues. I like the Hekatos's halberd, it's a little like how sergeants in European militaries were often characterised by carrying a polearm of some sort. Emphasises the professional military side of things.

Kragnos though, damn, ok. Some sort of demigod buried under the Beastgrave? My suspicion is that 'new bestial Destruction centaur faction' is a likely one, though that's a gut instinct on this not having quite the same fey feel as the Kurnothi. Interested to see if that's the case though, there's no doubt in my mind that the existing background for Kurnous/Kurnoth could be shoved aside quickly enough,

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

If Krag is a godbeast, could be fitting to have a new 'Orion', now in Kurnothi form, be the one wanting to hunt him down. 

So the *god* could reference both Krag the Beast and the remains of Kurnoth in the form of Orion reborn?

Could give us another Grey Order faction and a Destruction/Chaos faction to pit them with? 

Also I feel for 40k man, they seem to just get a whole load of paper. 

EDIT

And somehow AOS Orruk Models? 

That's a Goregrunta conversion waiting to happen right?

Edited by Dreddships
Because 40k gets Orruk Updates
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

47 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

1234567.png

They were not kidding, best cover yet.

Also can't believe so much AoS stuff, I thought after last online preview this one would lean more 40k.  Presently surprised! 

Concidering GW only commissions Artworks with actual units, we can also assume Direwolfs (next to the Vampire Lord) and Zombie Dragons to receive new kits

• Like 1

Overall:
As always here are my various uniformed and awful takes. Really cool reveals but I think that the things that would have excited me the most had already been revealed previously. I should have expected more emphasis on 40k but I was still hoping for something more in terms of AOS reveals like a dual box or some start collecting sets.

AOS/Underworlds:

Soulblight Gravelords: I was disappointed by how much we had already seen but the blood-knights gave me an audible gasp. Well worth the wait. The new skeletons were unexpected but seem very heavily armoured any thoughts on what will happen to Grave Guard? I am not much of a Zombie person but I love the makeshift weapons. Fell Bats have always looked a little off for me and these are huge improvement, but still have an oddly friendly face. Really excited for these new models overall, I just wish we hadn’t seen so much before hand. BloodKnights are the clear winners.
Curious as to which LoN units are not accounted for at this point? I assume all the mixed army units like Morghasts, Spirit Hosts, and Vargheists will now exist apart from Soulblight Gravelords.

Broken Realms Kragnos: What!? Is it a Dragon Ogre? Is it a Kurnothi? Chaos Dwarf Bull Centaur!!!??? Every potential is exciting to me… I am leaning towards Kurnothi…

Underworlds: My that is a big boi! Cool warband… The hero and and archer are the clear stand outs. I assume the others will make for great proxied unit champs. They said in the chat that someone on staff was excited for the archer and ‘to take from that what you may’… I am taking away that OBR archers are confirmed…

40k/Necromunda:

Necromunda: Really cool and really remind me of the Scions of the Flame. Nice fodder for some Aqshy kit bashs. As much as Necromunda intrigues me I cannot afford it or the new box.

Admech: Cool enough to intrigue me but not enough to make the plunge. I like this marshal a lot feels super classic Warhammer.
Battlesisters: Big Tank! Really neat and I am a huge fan of the Battle Sister aesthetic and it looks great on their vehicles. I would like some Battle sister aircraft maybe with some stylized angel wings. One day if I get into 40k I will likely have Admech or Battlesisters… still hoping one day for Dark Mechanicum.

Orks: Not a big fan of 40k orks but that Squig model is amazing and seems really easy to bring into AOS. I would run it as a loonboss on Giant Cave Squig in a heartbeat. Also more Orks mean more kitbash fodder for AOS so no complaints here. 

Misc.
They mentioned Be’Lakor leading Space Marines maybe hope for our slaves to darkness.

Final Thoughts: Lots of cool things that I really liked, but not a single thing for me specifically. I will say my various death playing friends are going to be really excited.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Concidering GW only commissions Artworks with actual units, we can also assume Direwolfs (next to the Vampire Lord) and Zombie Dragons to receive new kits

I doubt it, both of those have existing kits and the art looks pretty similar to them. The bare head and exposed musculature on the dire wolf matches the (admittedly pretty garbo) current minis and that vampire lord atop the zombie dragon even has the exact same lance that you see in the current plastic kit.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Charleston said:

The zombie dragon  won’t get updated. The rider in that pic has the exact same lance as the model. Think it’s a safe bet we’ll be getting new direwolves.

• Like 1