The Rumour Thread

24 minutes ago, l1censetochill said:

I doubt the River Temple Lumineth will have any actual fish/ocean imagery associated with them - based on what we've seen so far, my top guess would be an anthropomorphic otter or something (since the other avatars are all mammals), or maybe a heron or crane (which would fit in well with the East Asian/Buddhist/Taoist flavorings of the Lumineth).

I would be fine with crane, well with anything really as long as it's not fish.

Hitting someone with trout is our privilege

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Which is funny, because they put the Spirefall halfway DURING the Age of Chaos in the last Revisited Timeline article in White Dwarf by Loremaster Phill Kelly.

:/  please let that be GW wanting to hammer out more details rather than knowingly retconning info. I was a little surprised that the Lumineth were given as the cause for the Age of Chaos

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sance said:

Without HorticulusTGA i wouldn't have noticed it wasn't the same model.

I would have liked to see the head without the mask  to differentiate between them

sizetoseizecomparison.png

It is a good example of the situations that make me completely livid at WYSIWYG rules in tournaments -which seems to be the norm where I play. The idea that one would need to buy two (likely expensive) kits in order to legally play the two versions while in practice you would have to put yourself at table level and play "find the differences" to distinguish them is just bonkers.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

It is a good example of the situations that make me completely livid at WYSIWYG rules in tournaments -which seems to be the norm where I play. The idea that one would need to buy two (likely expensive) kits in order to legally play the two versions while in practice you would have to put yourself at table level and play "find the differences" to distinguish them is just bonkers.

7 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Same. Around here (I kind of enforced it) we don‘t have WYSIWYG: As long as there’s no confusion about which unit is wielding which weapon it is fine.

My rule is and always will be build it whatever way looks coolest or most distinct within your army and then be extremely clear and constantly remind the opponent what it is and how it works. I feel this is why I could never ply 40k as I cannot make heads or tails of bolters, melters, flamers and the like and WYSIWYG seems much more enforced in that community.

As for foxy I think I like the pose of the named character and the quiver of the generic one. So I would likely mix and match and drive people up the walls but I personally think that makes it more appropriate to proxy for either build. The heads are so similar that I guess I would stick with the named one as it matches the pose better.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

Mix up the parts, slap a skull on it somewhere and call it a conversion. ;)

Personally, I think it would be much more reasonable to generally expect something weaker than WYSIWYG. Like, you should be able to tell what's what upon seeing the list and all the models. If you only have one spirit in your list, obviously everyone will be able to tell at a glance what it is, no matter whether the list says it's the unique version while the model is the generic. WYSIWYG seems to mainly benefit GW sales, not the playing experience.

• Like 1

WYSIWYG isn't a real rule, and any place that actually tries to enforce the strict version of it is probably not a place run by someone with very good judgment. 

What you do need to be able to do is tell what is what. So you can't have a unit all armed with the same weapon and be like "but actually this guy here has something different, even though he looks identical to all the others." And likewise, you can't have two identical-looking units of eels and be like "these are zappy ones and these are defensive ones, you just have to remember which is which, deal with it." But that's it. As long as all identical-looking models are the same thing, there's no rule in the rulebook that I'm aware of that their armament has to be accurate. Similarly, if you want to use Volturnos as an Akhelian King or that named Fox as an unnamed one, there's nothing to say you can't, as long as you don't also have another one in the list that you're claiming is something else. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jeremierty said:

Do you guys also see that this model doesn't seem to have an head attached to its neck or are my eyes turning crazy because they spent to much time searching any tiny piece of information about the new lumineths in the teasers ? XD

img_5841.png

IMG_20210126_202810.png

Oh yeah, the actual heads will be in a wave 3 with their own battletome... 

Doi...

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Sance said:

I'm afraid the River temple of the Lumineth will encrouach on the Idoneth Fantasy.

We are the Water Aelves after all, the ocean is too small for two Water themed aelves factions.

I cast a dark glance at the darklelfs corsairs and Kharybdiss.

At least let us takes the Water aelementari as allies thank you GW

Actually it’s a bit hilarious that while the river lumineth can breath underwater, idoneth can not...

2 hours ago, Sance said:

I would be fine with crane, well with anything really as long as it's not fish.

Hitting someone with trout is our privilege

In the excellent studio thinking film ‘spirited away’ there is a white dragon who is the embodiment of a specific river.

I thought it is already talked about in the Lumineth armybook that the spirefall is what brought on the age of chaos in Hysh. I don’t think you can completely blame that era on one race. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elfhead said:

In the excellent studio thinking film ‘spirited away’ there is a white dragon who is the embodiment of a specific river.

I thought it is already talked about in the Lumineth armybook that the spirefall is what brought on the age of chaos in Hysh. I don’t think you can completely blame that era on one race. 

In eastern culture rivers are seen as living dragons and each lake, each river, each marsh and each sea can be ruled by a dragon king

However I don’t think lumineth will use eastern dragon as their symbol...

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

"The Spirefall was the result of the unchecked hubris of the Lumineth, whose raw talent and mastery of art, philosophy, martial pursuits, and magic gave them little reason for humility. The short version? They sought endlessly to outdo one another, and these rivalries culminated in a devastating internecine war. So great was the power they unleashed that the resulting energies attracted and empowered the Dark Gods, Slaanesh in particular, giving rise to the Age of Chaos."

But...Slaanesh was already chained, that's the reason the Lumineth existed in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I feel like there is enough distinction between salt water and fresh water biomes to make the Lumineth spirits feel different without taking away from the IDK. However, I personally would like there to be a more clear reconciliation between IDK and LRL and particularly the River Temple and IDK to develop a really strong alliance. But I also want there to be Temples and Enclaves that are particularly unkind to one another and unwilling to support each other. 

Also serpentine water dragon with a cool stone mask sounds amazing.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1