The Rumour Thread

I'd love if Fyreslayers added more Magma beasts and perhaps even Chariots pulled by them, expand upon the idea of Molten Warriors with another Ranged unit of Molten rock stone slingers and female Slayers. Maybe bring back classic  and twists on units of Slayers with Gargant/Troggoth slayers, Death Slayers, Chaos Slayers, Greenskin Slayers.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'd rather not see Fyreslayers turn into Lizardmen With Dwarfs. Keep the Magmadroths as centrepiece beasts for the two heroes, but don't flandarise them into other, smaller models, especially not cavalry. Maybe I could stretch to a large artillery piece hoisted on a Magmadroth - something like the Hellbringer Drake from Conquest -  but that seems contradictory to the more 'mutually respectful' relationship the rider and drake have.

unknown.png

Personally I'd prefer to see Golems/Automata and play up the fact they're still Dwarfs, with a knack for reliable, functional engineering (much like how their Holds are described). Reimagine the Goblin Hewer from the Storm of Chaos Slayer list perhaps.  In the interests of changing up the silhouette from "nothing but naked Dawi" they could have some more heavily armoured Fyreslayers - just because they embed runes for protection doesn't mean they can't have Ur-Gold infused armour to make 'em even tankier.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Orkmann said:

I thought we already have them 😲 Aren't half of the HGBs female models? 😋 

Dwarf women with beards is not a Warhammer trope. It's just a Discworld one. Tolkien is also quoted for it, but I disagree with interpreting that one line in that manner.

This is a female fyreslayer:

200px-Female_Fyreslayer_01.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

In the interests of changing up the silhouette from "nothing but naked Dawi" they could have some more heavily armoured Fyreslayers - just because they embed runes for protection doesn't mean they can't have Ur-Gold infused armour to make 'em even tankier.

Some sort of heavily-armoured unit would be cool, maybe lean into the Zharrgrim priesthood side of things and have them as temple guard rather than associated with the body of warriors or the Auric nobility. Masked and armoured, putting aside investment in their own glory and runes and such, make them like reverse Fyreslayers where they subsume their identity in that of the temple guard. It's drawing from the chaos dwarf side of inspiration and the Infernal Guard. Dark, defensive, ritualistic. Maybe them them around missile weapons as well, emphasis how different they are from most fyreslayers.

In fact that religious side of things, that the Fyreslayers as a society are essentially one grand warrior-cult, is something I'd like to see more of. If ever there was a force deserving of a war-shrine kind of model, it's them. I'm not wild about dwarven cavalry in general either but having that drawn by juvenile magmadroths or some other sort of magma-beast would be fine, somewhere between a shrine and a chariot. And then maybe that has a dual build setup as some sort of artillery piece, but leaning towards the fire-launcher or ballista end of the spectrum rather than cannons and artillery.  A bit like the dwarf chariot in the Hobbit movies. Functional, well-engineered, but still fitting that more archaic approach.

They really need something though, something to add visual variety. Fyreslayers are the most one-note and undercooked faction in AoS.

• Like 6

Got to admit i hate the concept of Fyreslayers so much (For various reasons, mostly fluff) but i think they would work better as a cult of Grimnir in a larger Dwarf army, focus on that stuff rather than diluting it further. Though i wouldnt say no to models that look like real slayers again :D

But yeah some new Dwarf force that focuses on their 3/4 gods, but could be played as mono god if you like, resurgence of the old ways maybe? Could even do it by god as Grungi is only active one currently afaik in AoS? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, The World Tree said:

They definitely don't. They are far from perfect, but a wide array of lists have performed well in tournaments. Including most, if not all, of the sub-allegiances. I know you have your personal problems, but it is a solid and varied book.

Tell you what, may the faction you play have six dozen different units in which most of them are noticeably mediocre.  That way to can have a huge collection of stuff that sits on the shelf because even in casual games they can't really do anything on the table.  Because that is what is sound like your are saying to me as a S2D player.

Would it make you happier if Slaves to Darkness were broken into the Everchosen, Warriors of Chaos Undivided, Marauders of Chaos, Monsters of Chaos and Call of the Warcry or more factions so the current S2D faction didn't have a ton of options?  Because it wouldn't bother me if it meant I didn't auto-lose to Bonereapers because I like Warriors and Knights more than the current, ever-shifting hotness. There isn't even a Damned Legion (what I assume you mean by sub-allegiances) specific for Warriors/Knights.  The closest is Ravagers which so much better fits Marauders and Warcry Cultist heavy armies.

Yes, some of the stuff in the S2D battletome works quite well.  However, a good portion of it isn't very good at all.   I don't know about you, but I don't want to have substantial collection every S2D model to be able to cherry pick the stuff (most of which I don't want to paint or play) that allow me to play games that give me a fair chance at playing a game and participating in an activity where the outcome is already decided.  A  house full of spoons of different sorts isn't going to be much help if what you need is a knife.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Saturmorn Carvilli said:

Tell you what, may the faction you play have six dozen different units in which most of them are noticeably mediocre.  That way to can have a huge collection of stuff that sits on the shelf because even in casual games they can't really do anything on the table.  Because that is what is sound like your are saying to me as a S2D player.

Would it make you happier if Slaves to Darkness were broken into the Everchosen, Warriors of Chaos Undivided, Marauders of Chaos, Monsters of Chaos and Call of the Warcry or more factions so the current S2D faction didn't have a ton of options?  Because it wouldn't bother me if it meant I didn't auto-lose to Bonereapers because I like Warriors and Knights more than the current, ever-shifting hotness. There isn't even a Damned Legion (what I assume you mean by sub-allegiances) specific for Warriors/Knights.  The closest is Ravagers which so much better fits Marauders and Warcry Cultist heavy armies.

Yes, some of the stuff in the S2D battletome works quite well.  However, a good portion of it isn't very good at all.   I don't know about you, but I don't want to have substantial collection every S2D model to be able to cherry pick the stuff (most of which I don't want to paint or play) that allow me to play games that give me a fair chance at playing a game and participating in an activity where the outcome is already decided.  A  house full of spoons of different sorts isn't going to be much help if what you need is a knife.

Im pretty sure they balanced every unit in the tome considering that would be full buffs all time, so the RAWs are terrible. 
For me, gw can cut out the buff at 12’ mechanic and give me decent infantry, elite and cavalry. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

41 minutes ago, Saturmorn Carvilli said:

You are able to phrase what most of the StD players think.

This book is just flat out bad, but people always quote the only tournament they won, totally disregarding it wasn't even using the StD book.

And there is another thing people always forget. AOS is not about tournament or competition. It is about having fun.

And StD players definitely don't have fun. We build a Marauder blob and pray that the other player doesn't have  auto dispell or high dispell.

This leads to auto losses against most armies who are equipped with high magic.  Also people are incredible disappointed that we have to roll dice for all of our abilities which are mediocre at best, while the opponent armies have it auto build in and way better.

Chaos Warriors used to be fun to play with millions of options and several ways to approach a game.  We payed for our marks and they did something.

All this has been taken away for any reason i don't understand.

Edited by Kurrilino
  • Like 3

I am watching a video speculating on Umbraneth and thinking about how there is rumours of Malerion's forces releasing soon. Then I am considering the possibility of an upcoming death faction....

Now I am putting two and two together and look forward to our new Scarecrow Zombie Aelves. Malerion's been dead the whole time 😮 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Oooh this is very exciting!! Perhaps another Online Preview in December to kick off AOS releases for 2021?

I would think so. 

In fact thinking about it, other than knowing there are 2 codexs coming in Jan, we know nothing about 2021.

I like that alot!!! 

• Like 1

Here’s hoping for a bit of Orruk love with an attack on excelcius, considering orks got skipped over in terms of new models, terrain and spells with this codex update, it would be great to get a new model kit. Heck, I guess I could convert all those cool néw bloodbowl orks, but I already got more brutes and ardboys than I need. 

• Like 3

I'm hoping that in near chartered waters are the two warbands from Catacombs going on individual sale. 

Also this week 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/11/08/sunday-preview-blood-on-the-pitch/

There's some great Black Library books up for grabs! A 5th Omnibus of Gotrek and Felix stories. This collects many of their short stories and stand alone adventures into a single volume. In addition there's the next and last selection of Inferno reprints, issues 36-45. These are the old Inferno which have comics, bits of lore, short stories and more. Basically a grab bag of classic fun from the Old World and 40K. Quite a few big series started in the old Inferno (eg Gotrek and Felix, Ghosts Gaunts and more). They are up for 2 weeks of print on demand - so you'll get them in a few months time but they won't run out of stock until the 2 weeks are up. 

There's also a Ravenor special edition and a map for the Siege of Terra.