The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

GREAT NEWS !

- The Clobbering short story

IMO it confirms the Siege of Excelsis story arc will be the start of AOS 3rd edition. All books and articles about Destructions have recently shown a concentration of power currently taking place in Ghur. 

Looking forward to the next installment in two weeks then !

- Broken Realm : Morathi 

Really pleased with the advancing narrative, the variety of factions included and the new rules ! Potential bundles are cool too. 

For now it's a really close to Psychic Awakening in terms of releases, because we have the confirmation this book will come with 2 new models in a boxed set, and maybe bundles.

P.-S. ; @michu from the Soulbound RPG, Mishåvn is apparently a Free City in Ulgu (a collections of boats linked together that can moves across the Penumbral Sea - a bit like the floating market of Bataar but litteraly floating this time :P ) I hope that means... A MAP OF ULGU WILL BE INCLUDED ❤️ 

Personally I think its actually better than Psychic awakening as those only had a single hero with the occasional battlebox but it looks like Broken Realms will have bundles for every faction in the book so even if you won't get a new model you at least can get the ones you would need to use your new rules cheaper

16 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Personally I think its actually better than Psychic awakening as those only had a single hero with the occasional battlebox but it looks like Broken Realms will have bundles for every faction in the book so even if you won't get a new model you at least can get the ones you would need to use your new rules cheaper

Yes and actually the new background look to be more meaningful than what we got in PA.

BTW that excellent trailer really had a Game Of Thrones-y vibe to it, right  :P A bit like if Morathi was Cersei Lannister about to blow up the temple. 

1 hour ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Well, here's to me foolishly hoping for Broken Realm: Soulblight or something along those lines 😬

After the first Book is named "Morathi" I would guess something like "Broken Realm: Nagash", "Broken Realm: Neferata" or something like that or maybe Soulblight as 1 of the parties (after Broken Realm Morathi has Daughters of Khaine, Cities of Sigmar, Stormcast Eternals, Slaves to Darkness and Idoneth Deepkin inside).

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

P.-S. ; @michu from the Soulbound RPG, Mishåvn is apparently a Free City in Ulgu (a collections of boats linked together that can moves across the Penumbral Sea - a bit like the floating market of Bataar but litteraly floating this time :P ) I hope that means... A MAP OF ULGU WILL BE INCLUDED ❤️ 

Which Soulbound Book (or Blogentry) does include Misthavn?

1 minute ago, EMMachine said:

After the first Book is named "Morathi" I would guess something like "Broken Realm: Nagash", "Broken Realm: Neferata" or something like that or maybe Soulblight as 1 of the parties (after Broken Realm Morathi has Daughters of Khaine, Cities of Sigmar, Stormcast Eternals, Slaves to Darkness and Idoneth Deepkin inside).

Which Soulbound Book (or Blogentry) does include Misthavn?

Me too. 

It's the Soulbound Corebook, the part about Ulgu. 

17 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Yeah I agree, at best it will be Broken Realms: Nagash, if not that then they will just be apart of one of the Broken Realm books from another individual. In all honesty, with the way they are doing Broken Realms books I wouldn't be satisfied with the Soulblight. I want a stand alone Battle Tome, but with these Broken Realms books I assume we won't see a new Battle Tome of any kind until well into 2021.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

GREAT NEWS !

- The Clobbering short story

IMO it confirms the Siege of Excelsis story arc will be the start of AOS 3rd edition. All books and articles about Destructions have recently shown a concentration of power currently taking place in Ghur. 

Looking forward to the next installment in two weeks then !

- Broken Realm : Morathi 

Really pleased with the advancing narrative, the variety of factions included and the new rules ! Potential bundles are cool too. 

For now it's a really close to Psychic Awakening in terms of releases, because we have the confirmation this book will come with 2 new models in a boxed set, and maybe bundles.

I agree mate!! Destruction will definitely have a massive part to play in the story to come. Death has had it's time as the big bad now it's time for the rise of GorkaMorka!!

36 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Broken Realms: Grungi please.  

Dwarf gods need more representation.  Damn pointy ears have 5 if you count Morathi, 3 of which have models.

Honestly what I'm hoping for most from Broken Realms besides Orruks getting time to shine. Classic Duardin need some love, one of the Gods is dead and one we barely have heard anything of, time for another War of the Beard if you ask me with all these Pointy Ears strutting about!!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Does anyone have any idea the time between when Physic Awakening was officially announced and then when it went on pre-order? I mean I guess we know Broken Realms: Morathi is going on sale sometime in November. I'm just curious if it will be at the start or near the end.

Not sure what the delay was, but if I had to guess november releases (based on what we know is coming, and how they usually release things) Space wolves & deathwatch Nov 7 (confirmed), Shattered Realms & 2 player box (Nov 14),  Battleforces (Nov 21), Blood Bowl (confirmed for November).

The battleforces tend to be out by black friday, which is why I think that'll be the 21st, and I think shattered realms is coming sooner because of all the information we're receiving now. Then december will be the other 2 40k codexes and Direchasm, as they tend to have  a week or two with no releases around christmas.

On 10/28/2020 at 10:06 AM, Icegoat said:

Why do I get the feeling this heralds the end of the age of men in order factions. Aos true identity i think has been revealed a land of aelf and duardin and orruk with no humans in sight except those turned by sigmar or chaos. I think this herald the ends of the cities of sigmar and begins the empires of the aelves. It looks like the last few remaining freeguild kits will be going soon. 

aweeeeee didums.  

On 10/28/2020 at 10:41 AM, Enoby said:

It's curious there are no Slaanesh rules in this book, considering Shadow and Pain comes with a Slaanesh hero - in PA, the formula was always that a faction got new rules if it had a model in the relevant boxset.

There will be a chaos or slaanesh book I bet.  Was there a general timeframe for that box set?  Something in my mind is saying November ish...

19 hours ago, Overread said:

Slaanesh doesn't have to break free though. 

It works as a pretty cool mechanic and prolongs some lore to be a bit more lasting.  GW is planning for the long game in AoS here.  It would be better to have something unique like Slaanesh not breaking free.

14 hours ago, 123lac said:

Imagine cities of sigmar getting new models...!

<puts on old salty grumblers hat> imagine CoS getting some models back like that eagle chariot thingy and rules added to Tempest Eye :P

6 hours ago, Greybeard86 said:

Noooo! Gimme Kurnoth back (Orion!), rebinding sylvaneth and wanderers while adding some more centaur and satyr-like creatures like the wonderful underworlds warband (Skaeth's Wild Hunt).

Just wait for Kurnothi/Sylvaneth.  GW is expanding and contracting things in AoS.  I expect Orion will return in AoS form.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Beastmaster said:

No gaming until well into 2021 anyway, it seems.

Yeah, here in Germany the same. I hoped to get some hobby time after I finish my thesis but now...well I will have at least the time to complete my backlog.

As for Broken Realms: I am curious about thoose new City Rules. I could imagine one of them to have access to DoK Units, which would allow to play something close to old Dark Aelves. Or to set up an Army of DoK with other battlelines than Witch Aelves

3 hours ago, Popisdead said:

<puts on old salty grumblers hat> imagine CoS getting some models back like that eagle chariot thingy and rules added to Tempest Eye :P

Ya but if they get new models for CoS then at least you'll know that the faction has a genuine future.

As it stands it's just a bunch of old models thrown into a soup book.

Lore-wise I love CoS but model-wise it's just old and busted sculpts at this point.

2 minutes ago, 123lac said:

Ya but if they get new models for CoS then at least you'll know that the faction has a genuine future.

As it stands it's just a bunch of old models thrown into a soup book.

Lore-wise I love CoS but model-wise it's just old and busted sculpts at this point.

Not sure the Wanderer sculpts are old or busted.  I suppose they were 4 or 5 years old at the point of CoS release.  Sadly,... it isn't hard to see it this way.  

I suppose i see CoS as a parallel to D&D in how you read about a city and it's a mix of mostly friendly races and these are bastions of light amidst the swirling chaos threats.  We can either a) enjoy we are getting stuff and play it while it's here b) wait on baited breath, or constant chattering anxiety of it's doom and demise?  Shrugs, guess we can paint 😉

• Like 1