The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Not much I can disclose without betraying the Person‘s trust. ^^
But it looks like Good times Are ahead for one of the armies I am playing (meaning more models than we CURRENTLY have). And that it was certain that AoS would get it’s fair share of releases before the end of the year (depending on COVID Lockdowns ofc).

I play:

LoN, DoK, S2D, IDK, CoS (and all their splintered subfactions), S2D Slaanesh, a bit S2D in Tzeentch and SCE. :)

Well obviously this means a new Stormcast Chamber is opening :)

Interestingly, calling the first BR book "Morathi" means that the naming conventions could be more in line with the End Times books than the Psychic Awakening ones.

I wonder if that means we're less likely to get books for characters who were already featured in the End Times, or whether they figure that that was long enough ago that they can do another book just called "Nagash" or whatever.

31 minutes ago, Beliman said:

If you ask to my inner dwarf, yes, we could use a new Ship, more Heroes or maybe even a melee MARINE Troop.  But if I want to be honest to myself, I think like you, there are other micro-armies like  Fyreslayers that need more miniatures ASAP

Oh yeah- a melee troop type.. all of those options -I'd love Valkyrie ladies on balloons ..[that sounds worse than it was meant!]. Might get them - I have the impression KO were quite a success as a release.

33 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

Indeed! I would love something like the old "Dogs of War", with a combination of "racial" regiments (human pikemen, ogre shock troops, dwarf hammerers) and "multiracial" troops (e.g. a multi racial cannon kit).

I think the issue with fyreslayers is that they get very "samey". Slayers were fun in dwarf armies because they brought some "tone variation". I understand that in AoS you can do "alliance" armies but they seem to lose out on a lot of "faction" specific bonuses. This seems to lead to very "samey" army compositions (naked dwarves with axes, eel riders, kurnoth hunters spam).

What I miss about slayers is that they were punk-rock deranged dwarfs with Mohawks -now they are capitalists with crests..😁. Mind you I saw someone had converted an underworld war band into slayers with removed runes and added trousers and they looked ace. But the Fyrelayers aren't helped by limited model types - they have 3 boxes while most army releases now have 6 which is a better basis for a faction. Be interesting to see what they do with the micro factions going forward - expand them or combine them with other factions.

I'm hoping for Norse Dwarfs in the new WFB to get my dwarf fix [dwarf beserkers again!]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

If you ask to my inner dwarf, yes, we could use a new Ship, more Heroes or maybe even a melee MARINE Troop.  But if I want to be honest to myself, I think like you, there are other micro-armies like  Fyreslayers that need more miniatures ASAP

What I want for KO is the same thing I want for Fyreslayers... a female Dwarf Hero/unit. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

They really need to start releasing some of the blood bowl stuff. They have more previewed but unreleased minis than any other system. They still haven't released the treeman they previewed back in April let alone any of the stuff from the new season. 

Edited by Chikout

14 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I'm not that bothered for new idoneth models. I'd love a new battletome but best case is looking like some supplement rules in the Morathi book. I'm guessing Idoneth won't headline their own due to not having an actual God.

Neither do the Kharadron. I vote against religious discrimination.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I vote against religious discrimination.

I'm afraid in a universe where actual gods wander around the place hitting stuff they don't like with hammers they get the casting vote and you're overruled. now pipe down & get back to hoovering the clouds.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

55 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Well it could be a dwarf but it is almost certainly something like a referee for Blood Bowl 

EkXtr2tXYAAHrIH.jpg

The obvious guess is dwarf bb referee BUT that's too easy!

I say it's a dwarf Thane on the base of a new dwarf king model for the new dwarf range like one of katakros's ensemble.

Edited by Verminlord
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, JPjr said:

I'm afraid in a universe where actual gods wander around the place hitting stuff they don't like with hammers and the like they get the casting vote and you're overruled. now pipe down & get back to hoovering the clouds.

Go lick your god's toes, we are doing science here!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, michu said:

You're bound by laws-rules of physics. We are free to do whatever we want, yes-yes!

#Warpstoneisbetterthanaethergold

You are bound even by gravity, I see no ratfolk in the skies except in pieces after an explosion.

But do come closer, the Chekhov has a few choice words about physics it would love to share (they are inscribed on cannonballs).

• Haha 1

The boldest of the Shadowstalkers even forge pacts with shadow daemons, becoming one with the darkness and bleeding nought but abyssal nothingness when cut. These deadly hybrids can even command the shadows of their prey to do their bidding, throttling their owner or stabbing them in the back with blades formed from their own twilight reflection.[\Quote]

A hint towards Malerion‘s Shadow-Aelf-Daemons

31 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

You are bound even by gravity, I see no ratfolk in the skies except in pieces after an explosion.

But do come closer, the Chekhov has a few choice words about physics it would love to share (they are inscribed on cannonballs).

I heard that shipwrecked Kharadron started eating their own more than once. The eternal hunger of the Great Maw is within you too, as much as you deny it.