The Rumour Thread

Yeah, that's a slam dunk alright, it's Direchasm. The Warcry shadow elves have some studs but they're smaller and diamond-shaped. Given the resemblance to the Lord of Pain's studded leather and the similarity between that recurve bow and the one wielded by the archer on the Direchasm cover, that's part of the Slaaneshi warband.

This mohawked archer is something of a refresh to the old chaos thug archer which appeared originally in metal and then in plastic for the Battlemasters game. A design so good they did it twice. Or three times. Or even four, the Darkoath WHU warband has a similar archer.

69846741_10220459017610700_4976402323237

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

I was thinking. What if the title Griridion & Glory (Glory part) actually stands for Path to Glory which means we‘re getting Crusade for AoS renamed in Path to Glory?

If you’re a fan of Blood Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, and Warcry, we’ll have something extra special for you.

From the article, so no AoS this preview.

Maybe 31st

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

at least in terms of model reveals the article literally spells out what we're getting

"We have another Warhammer Preview Online coming this weekend. No-one will want to miss any of the big reveals at Gridiron and Glory, and if you’re a fan of Blood Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, and Warcry, we’ll have something extra special for you. We’ll be showing off new models and expansions – it’s going to be a-maz-ing!"

In terms of the main game I guess there'll probably be some more info about Broken Realms, and maybe some kind of teaser video for something but I'm guessing no actual models that aren't from the other games.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, novakai said:

wish they release an AoS model for this event even though 99% it going to be a stormcast character

I used to think like that, but actually the year when they released awesome limited edition Nighthaunt models on all these special days ended up being pretty stressful for my "obsessive collector" mentality. I now tend to be quite relieved when all the special promo models are for factions I have no interest in. I was worried it would be some cool Necron which I'd instantly fall in love with!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

What are your expectations for Saturday preview and Warhammer Day? I think there will be a tease of a new army at Warhammer Day with a full reveal on Christmas.

For this weekend I'm not expecting more than the full reveal of the boxed set contents (Underworlds, BB & Warcry) and a teaser of what's coming next for them. 

I'm not really expecting anything for AoS and 40k, so whatever they show will be well received :D

If I recall correctly usually there aren't reviews on warhammer day... just commemorative minis, but not much else.