The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I've 3 Aleguzzlers on Order, hopefully due to arrive this week. The cherry on top would be, maybe a cheeky Sons of Behemat article on Warhammer Community!? Please, just one James Workshop? Have I not been patient enough?

I‘ve been waiting for my Ironclad for 4? months now... 🥺

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I‘ve been waiting for my Ironclad for 4? months now... 🥺

Damn mate I hope it arrives soon!!

26 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

Do you think they'll make Hammer pants and the Battle Cattle side of the Lumineth one week or two?

Probably two, I guess it depends on what they want from September, if they're trying to push out as much stock that was already announced before the new 9th Edition Codex' in October it could be one week.

Right now its very hard to predict, GW wants stuff out, but at the same time they've honestly been quite tame in pushing out things. I think that their back end is still heavily disrupted and they don't want to risk hitting a problem. Indomitus having a second print wave has likely been a bit of a fiddle to fit in and its no surprise that after they announced that the "selling fast" display on the GW store appeared. Those models likely sacrificed their normal casting slot to give way to Indomitus casting for the extra sets. 

Heck the new Escher set that came out last week is already sold out in the UK and the cards for it sold out in minutes. 

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Hahaha what can I say 20 years wait is a long time to keep quiet!!

I also cannot tell if your being sarcastic or generally annoyed at my Gargant talk.

This is the rumour thread.......this is the place for Gargant talk with the big lads just around the corner 💪

Speaking of which, does anyone else think we'll see any new Sons of Behemat models before the release? I love the new upcoming models but an entire army with just two kits seems a little bit limited

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the intention is that its a limited army. Don't forget the Knights army for 40K has years of knight model sales and the might of the popularity of Imperial/Marine models behind it. 

I'd wager the idea behind Sons is to have an army that's very light on models. At best you might be able to hire some underlings, but it seems that the focus is Aleguzzlers and huge Giant models. I figure its a very simple army by intent. Give it a few years and if it sells well I'm sure GW will add other Giants. I think that's in part why they've been keen to point out that the new model is a kit for almost any other army to ally in. The idea being that you ally in one for your army. Then one for your second army then use the two and some "cheap" aleguzzlers and you've got yourself a new 3rd army almost "for free". 

It's much like how the Knights Battletome is "more" a tome for those who already have Knight models and wanted to use several at the same time rather than one or two in support of a main force. The only difference is those Knights had years of selling prior to getting their own book. 

It also remains to be seen if the army as a concept "works". It might be that its a neat idea, but then ends up being unpopular because its either too powerful or too weak in terms of having so few models. Especially for multiple objective play. So again going in light makes sense. If it all fails its one of the few armies that can "fold" and yet keep the models around easily. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Overread said:

I think the intention is that its a limited army. Don't forget the Knights army for 40K has years of knight model sales and the might of the popularity of Imperial/Marine models behind it. 

I'd wager the idea behind Sons is to have an army that's very light on models. At best you might be able to hire some underlings, but it seems that the focus is Aleguzzlers and huge Giant models. I figure its a very simple army by intent. Give it a few years and if it sells well I'm sure GW will add other Giants. I think that's in part why they've been keen to point out that the new model is a kit for almost any other army to ally in. The idea being that you ally in one for your army. Then one for your second army then use the two and some "cheap" aleguzzlers and you've got yourself a new 3rd army almost "for free". 

It's much like how the Knights Battletome is "more" a tome for those who already have Knight models and wanted to use several at the same time rather than one or two in support of a main force. The only difference is those Knights had years of selling prior to getting their own book. 

It also remains to be seen if the army as a concept "works". It might be that its a neat idea, but then ends up being unpopular because its either too powerful or too weak in terms of having so few models. Especially for multiple objective play. So again going in light makes sense. If it all fails its one of the few armies that can "fold" and yet keep the models around easily. 

I hope that when the time comes that the Sons get their 3.0 Battletome, which would quite fairly be the last tome released for 3.0 that their sales have been quite good and they release another kit to build either King Brodd or a generic Chieftan character. 

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope that when the time comes that the Sons get their 3.0 Battletome, which would quite fairly be the last tome released for 3.0 that their sales have been quite good and they release another kit to build either King Brodd or a generic Chieftan character. 

I speculate that if SoB are successful, GW will release another "giant" army. Possibly a Daemonic one (maybe even something that can be crossed-used in 40K). My vote is to make Malerion's Aelf-Daemons a small army of huge models.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Raviv said:

I speculate that if SoB are successful, GW will release another "giant" army. Possibly a Daemonic one (maybe even something that can be crossed-used in 40K). My vote is to make Malerion's Aelf-Daemons a small army of huge models.

Chaos Gargants. Using the original kits with upgrade sprues with mutations and like.

14 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Hahaha what can I say 20 years wait is a long time to keep quiet!!

I also cannot tell if your being sarcastic or generally annoyed at my Gargant talk.

Don't worry, it's all good - it was just a playful joke. 😇 If I would've had to wait for so long to get my already previewed faction (that's definitely a first), I'd be less enthusiastic and more filled with vitriol by now.

Which reminds me: Where are Tzeentch (human) mortals in plastic? I want Curselings and Fatemasters and Chosen! 😭

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Raviv said:

I speculate that if SoB are successful , GW will release another " sub faction " army.

Sons of behemat are basically a spin off from Gloomspite/destruction bt: existing aleguzzler gargants kit join the brand new mega gargants kit , that's all !

I wish to see a spiderfangs battletome with existing kits and by adding a  brand new forest grots infantry  😉

Edited by cyrus

14 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I speculate that if SoB are successful , GW will release another " sub faction " army.

Sons of behemat are basically a spin off from Gloomspite/destruction bt: existing aleguzzler gargants kit join the brand new mega gargants kit , that's all !

I wish to see a spiderfangs battletome with existing kits and by adding a  brand new forest grots infantry  😉

Well I will be speculating, that Those giants won’t sell great at the first few months at release, but will do better afterwards.

Depending on the rules and Warscrolls, I could see that those giants will be struggling a lot against the current shooting meta.

3 hours ago, michu said:

Good that you specified what mortals you want , because Kairic Acolytes were getting  a bit sad.

I love them (and Tzaangors) but in an ideal world I'd love to see more heavily armored Tzeentch forces too. I know, I'm spoiled already but still... I'm a sucker for cool knights and the new Chaos Warriors are full of dents and tears, that doesn't really scream Tzeentch to me.

3 hours ago, SirSalabean said:

So are gargants basically AOS Knights? 

Sorta kinda. They're big and expensive and you can bring a single one into every army so they're similar, but a lot of the things that made knights oppressive in 40k (from what I hear) aren't likely to exist on the sons. There's little chance of overwhelming ranged attacks on them, and from their looks I also doubt they'll have much in the way of traditional saves. Plus allegiance abilities are so important in AoS at this point that it's really unlikely that allying a mega gargant into an army will be the optimal choice unless their base stats and abilities are really off the charts. 

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m going to guess so.

Not sure though if they will be doing around the same amount of damage in the shooting phase (maybe?)

I cannot wait to see what Warscrolls await us. If any of the Mega Gargants are going to be viable in the Shooting Phase itll be the Kraken-Eater lobbing his net of goodies.

• Like 2