The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

This sounds promising! I'm reminded of WHFB, when you could do so much more to customise your heroes (and pay in points accordingly).  🤞 

A video on the official Warhammer channel talks "Destiny points". My impression is that these custom heroes will not have matched play points values.

• LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, John Edwards said:

A video on the official Warhammer channel talks "Destiny points". My impression is that these custom heroes will not have matched play points values.

Destiny points are for creating the character but we will get a way to calculate their pitched profile cost. Still, we will need our opponent's agreement to use the hero.

Quoting original tweet "It's strictly a rule that requires your opponent's permission, but there's a little section at the back of the 'Anvil of Apotheosis' that explains how to calculate an approximate Pitched Battle points cost for your hero"

Edited by michu
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, michu said:

Destiny points are for creating the character but we will get a way to calculate their pitched profile cost. Still, we will need our opponent's agreement to use the hero.

Thanks for the clarification. That makes it much more appealing.

I've just picked up Lumineth Realm-lords and they are sorely lacking generic combat heroes.

• Like 1

I am really sad to see that there isn't a section for Mercenaries in the previewed table of contents. I know they weren't terribly competitive but I appreciated the option to include the old models in my list in matched play. RIP Cannons. :(

Pretty thrilled at the simplification of Realm rules and artefacts. Realm rules were always a source of controversy since many considered them poorly balanced but TO's often felt obligated to include them in tournaments.

Also for those expressing disappointment in the GHB's lack of  content. Remember that the whole point of GHB is to enact point changes and retool battleplans. Its a balancing mechanic released specifically for competitive play. 

Anything beyond points, battleplans, and official rule changes should be considered bonus content. 

• Like 1

I'd be very surprised if we see the giants arrive before the second half of the Lumineth release. I can't think of a time when they've started releasing a major new faction, and then stopped and released something else for a month instead. I figure that will be the next big thing for AoS, and anything else will have to wait for 40K to die down.

No way to know, of course, but that's my feeling.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

I'd be very surprised if we see the giants arrive before the second half of the Lumineth release. I can't think of a time when they've started releasing a major new faction, and then stopped and released something else for a month instead. I figure that will be the next big thing for AoS, and anything else will have to wait for 40K to die down.

SOB are in GHB 2020 though, which implies it's coming out soon. CoS, or warscrolls that perished in the bloodbath of July 2019 were in their old form in the GHB 2019.

2 hours ago, Souleater said:

Drukhari Covens *love* improving the looks and capabilities of their clientèle...and are paid handsomely for it!

Sons of Behemet Thought- 

I reckon we could see Sons Of Behemet drop in the 2nd or 3rd week of July. 

The releases are two boxes (reboxed Aleguzzler), the battle tome and hopefully some chunky dice.

That's not going to be too much effort for GW to throw out the door.

Mate I'll be over the damn Gargant moon if the Sons drop in July. It's such an easy release to do and would aid with the drought AOS will have with 9th Edition. 

33 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Your feelings are most likely true but damned if I hope they're wrong and they drop in July.  I just hope we dont end up waiting months on end for the lads to drop as we had their shipping manifest so long ago they must just be waiting to be unleashed.

11 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

SOB are in GHB 2020 though, which implies it's coming out soon. CoS, or warscrolls that perished in the bloodbath of July 2019 were in their old form in the GHB 2019.

Fingers crossed July-August.🤞

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

I take your point about 'entirely new factions', but I recall part of the WHC community coverage of LRL stating that there would be more releases later in the year.

Now, I know that Sisters weren't entirely new, but given the very long time between even their last model update and their ascension to plastic, I think it's a reasonable comparison. 

Last year I bought the Sisters Army box (very similar product to the Lumineth Army box) months before the army release proper.

I think GW intended a similar pattern for Lumineth but Covid has kinda messed things up. 

This leaves them with a potential spot to chuck out the Sons - a very small release in terms of SKUs but eagerly anticipated by many AoS players - just before 9th Edition 40k kicks off.

That could see a could of months of releases. So GW might want to drop two new AoS forces to tide us over while they focus on 40k, even if one of those armies is just the army box.

In fact, given recent GW it wouldn't be impossible for Sons to drop alongside either Lumineth or in the midst of the 40K Starter-then Codexes chain.

I'm not saying Sons are an insignificant release, but they can go into other armies, and even as a stand alone army the number of items in the range is tiny.  Part of their appeal is just how simple they are to collect.

This is also based on a hunch that 9th will either drop on 25th July  or go on preorder then.  That's payday for a lot of UK folks.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Your feelings are most likely true but damned if I hope they're wrong and they drop in July.  I just hope we dont end up waiting months on end for the lads to drop as we had their shipping manifest so long ago they must just be waiting to be unleashed.

Fingers crossed July-August.🤞

I've been wrong before, but I have a hard time imagining them trying to sneak in this release. Even through it looks to be a relatively small number of products, I can't see them dropping them unexpectedly one week before new 40k. Its a new army and I imagine they'll want to hype up the release a good deal.

Sadly I think the big boys will be coming out a bit after 9th edition.

4 minutes ago, Shearl said:

I've been wrong before, but I have a hard time imagining them trying to sneak in this release. Even through it looks to be a relatively small number of products, I can't see them dropping them unexpectedly one week before new 40k. Its a new army and I imagine they'll want to hype up the release a good deal.

Sadly I think the big boys will be coming out a bit after 9th edition.

Part of what is most exciting about a new Army is the hype, and I cannot wait to board that train up to release.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Feels to me that the original plan was Lumineth, SOB, GHB2020. Everything has now been pushed back, except GHB, which has roughly the same release date it was always meant to.

12 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Never mentioned in-game classification.  But let's use Destruction as an example.  Every faction in it has been shoehorned to have some connect to Gorkamorka even when factions like Ogres, had none in their original fantasy faction.  So what happens?  They are forced into a cookie cutter faction.

Your arguments are a bit thin if it becomes they don’t worship the same god in a different and discontinued game 😅

my gut feeling was the same initially to the ogors worshipping gorka morka.  Having read the tome it now feels natural. 
And let’s be fair. The big crater/maw in the old world was blown up. So for a race that’s all about the strongest rule your dirty being blown up makes it kind of worthless to follow. 

that by the way, rule of the strongest, is the defining attribute for Destruction imo. Different than rule through civilisation, by favour of a chaos god or because a bony skeleton commands you to. 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Did the End Times confirm that the Great Maw was blown up? Because we're like 90% sure that thing was a rogue Tyranid organism, so I really wouldn't put it past it to have burrowed out of the smoking ruins of the warhammer world and escaped into the same astral void as the lizardmen!

Next major story arc: the Great Maw returns to the mortal realms and re-claims its ogre children!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Did the End Times confirm that the Great Maw was blown up? Because we're like 90% sure that thing was a rogue Tyranid organism, so I really wouldn't put it past it to have burrowed out of the smoking ruins of the warhammer world and escaped into the same astral void as the lizardmen!

Nothing is Ever confirmed in WHFB; hell end times could of just been archeon's fan fic after Grimgor headbutt him into stupid.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

I think with modern gw absolutely anything is possible. The sisters box arrived a couple of months before the main release and then that release itself was spread over a couple of months with other 40k stuff between it. 

I guess the original plan was Lumineth box April, Lumineth main May, and Sons in June. I also think the ghb is releasing exactly when it was intended to. There is still a bunch of side game stuff that had been previewed but not released. It is entirely possible that July and August are 40k, necromunda, underworlds etc and we don't return to AOS until September. 

I am more curious when the next AOS preview will be. It has been more than 2 months since we last saw a new AOS mini previewed. I think we will be waiting at least another 2 months for anything new. 

I hope everyone really takes their time reading the ghb because that might be all we get for a while. 

1 hour ago, Evangelist of Cinders said:

Nothing is Ever confirmed in WHFB; hell end times could of just been archeon's fan fic after Grimgor headbutt him into stupid.

Rewritten like Star Wars - Sigmar  shot first!  Tomb Kings and Bretonians books are coming out next April!  End Times never happened!

Before the topic gets nuked for not being about rumors, the only thing that leaves me confused about ogres and Gorkamorka is that GW introduced Ravenak, a monstrous, hungering godbeast who's trapped in the earth and exists as a giant mouth in the ground, then gave him a connection to the ogres by saying it was a Butcher who first harnessed his magic, added a spell that is literally just a floating, carnivorous mouth, and still had the ogres worship Gorkamorka when their battletome came out after.

GW literally wrote a new version of the Great Maw into AoS and then had the ogres worship a different god.

idungetit

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KriticalKhan said:

Before the topic gets nuked for not being about rumors, the only thing that leaves me confused about ogres and Gorkamorka is that GW introduced Ravenak, a monstrous, hungering godbeast who's trapped in the earth and exists as a giant mouth in the ground, then gave him a connection to the ogres by saying it was a Butcher who first harnessed his magic, added a spell that is literally just a floating, carnivorous mouth, and still had the ogres worship Gorkamorka when their battletome came out after.

GW literally wrote a new version of the Great Maw into AoS and then had the ogres worship a different god.

idungetit

In the realmgate war books they make a big massive mountain sized point of stormcast being immortal... and several stormcast perma-die in it 😂

the AoS narrative moves in mysterious ways. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Evangelist of Cinders said:

Isn’t one of the (close to) defining features of fan fic that they write themselves into a story and create a steamy relationship with one of the characters?....

so sigmar and archaon sitting in a 🌳

• Like 1