The Rumour Thread

29 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Where is the Dragon Skull in the middle from?

That is also from the Beastgrave terrain set - along with the huge skull the Bonegrinder has for a helmet.  That kit has a few really tasty bits in it.  I linked the product in the GW store in a previous post.

I hope they come back and show more of his Gargant conversions when he is further along.  I am really curious what his plans for the Colossal Squig are.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

That is also from the Beastgrave terrain set - along with the huge skull the Bonegrinder has for a helmet.  That kit has a few really tasty bits in it.  I linked the product in the GW store in a previous post.

I hope they come back and show more of his Gargant conversions when he is further along.  I am really curious what his plans for the Colossal Squig are.

You can follow him on Instagram, he goes by sonofbehemat.

• Like 1

We still have that Ossiarch Rumour Engine to be shown, we all think it's a Warcry Warband, so perhaps the next online Preview will show them?

On the topic of Online Previews, the Adepticon Previews were said to be split into 4 or at least alluded to such, but Warhammerfest wouldve taken place in May. So will the next Online Preview be the 4th Adepticon or Warhammerfest? 

I feel like it may be Warhammerfest because whatever else massive thing they wanted to show at Adepticon has obviously been delayed now and rumours were 40K 9th Edition.

4 minutes ago, xking said:

A bow with a cartridge that an Archer can rapid fire with. 

What's scary is when you consider that true English Longbowman were famous for volume of arrows shot - if they had these the volume of arrows being fired would have been utterly nuts! They could even have had a kid trained to basically stand by each bowman to thrust a new cartridge of bolt-arrows into the slot once expired. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

We still have that Ossiarch Rumour Engine to be shown, we all think it's a Warcry Warband, so perhaps the next online Preview will show them?

On the topic of Online Previews, the Adepticon Previews were said to be split into 4 or at least alluded to such, but Warhammerfest wouldve taken place in May. So will the next Online Preview be the 4th Adepticon or Warhammerfest? 

I feel like it may be Warhammerfest because whatever else massive thing they wanted to show at Adepticon has obviously been delayed now and rumours were 40K 9th Edition.

I think the 2 first Adepticon online previews were 1/4 each, and the last one with Szeras was 1/2 of what was originally scheduled. Next preview in May should be IMO for the Warhammer Fest orignal reveals. 

And I hope the obvious OBR rumor engine is for a Warhammer UNDERWORLD warband (because OBR already have a Warcry warband i.e. card). If the pattern in the same than last time, the May preview will tease the next WHU season this Fall;  we'll have 8 new warbands that could be from : 

- Pure AOS :  Idoneth Deepkin, Ossiarch Bonereapers

- Updated from WFB : Slaanesh Hedonites, Seraphon

- New faction / Unlikely : Cities Of Sigmar / Devoted Of Sigmar, Soulblight* (something else like a Slaves to Darkness or Skaven variant, or Kurnothi ? )

*I hope it comes for Warcry instead (= 10ish models a gang, instead of 5ish :D )

Thats more or less 8 possibilities ! So it looks like we really could have warbands for NEW and interesting factions this time :) 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I think the 2 first Adepticon online previews were 1/4 each, and the last one with Szeras was 1/2 of what was originally scheduled. Next preview in May should be IMO for the Warhammer Fest orignal reveals. 

And I hope the obvious OBR rumor engine is for a Warhammer UNDERWORLD warband (because OBR already have a Warcry warband i.e. card). If the pattern in the same than last time, the May preview will tease the next WHU season this Fall;  we'll have 8 new warbands that could be from : 

- Pure AOS :  Idoneth Deepkin, Ossiarch Bonereapers

- Updated from WFB : Slaanesh Hedonites, Seraphon

- New faction / Unlikely : Cities Of Sigmar / Devoted Of Sigmar, Soulblight* (something else like a Slaves to Darkness or Skaven variant, or Kurnothi ? )

*I hope it comes for Warcry instead (= 10ish models a gang, instead of 5ish :D )

Thats more or less 8 possibilities ! So it looks like we really could have warbands for NEW and interesting factions this time :) 

I would love a Kurnothi war band - the Underworlds set is gorgeous, I'm not expecting them as a full faction soon so a Warcry set would be ace [very tempted to have them as second force beside my Kharadron].

Maybe a dispossessed/dwarf war band ? Really looking forward to how they explore and expand upon the races and factions. The Khainite war band looks really cool already- be tempted to buy a set even though I don't collect DoK, I love how they seem to have added elements outside of what currently exists for DoK but fit really well. 

Maybe they will expand by picking races from the different realms varying between Destruction/order/Death/chaos..

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I would love a Kurnothi war band - the Underworlds set is gorgeous, I'm not expecting them as a full faction soon so a Warcry set would be ace [very tempted to have them as second force beside my Kharadron].

Maybe a dispossessed/dwarf war band ? Really looking forward to how they explore and expand upon the races and factions. The Khainite war band looks really cool already- be tempted to buy a set even though I don't collect DoK, I love how they seem to have added elements outside of what currently exists for DoK but fit really well. 

Maybe they will expand by picking races from the different realms varying between Destruction/order/Death/chaos..

It seems GW has an interesting design policy for their AOS parent games. If we look at Slaves To Darkness or Daughters of Khaine, we can see there are : 

- For WHU : classic takes on the warbands design (made from generic Darkoath Barbarians or generic units from the DoK ranges with Witch Aelves, etc.).

-For Warcry : more extraordinary design inspirations (8 Realm-based Barbarians for STD, Spies and Assassins tropes for the DOK Shadowstalkers).

Kurnothi being an (awesome) exception to the "rule" above. But if WHU stay with the classics (variations on Skeletons, Skaven warriors, Gitmob Grot, etc.), we could indeed also get a Phoenix Guard / Dispossessed warbands for WHU season 4. (Even if those are unsupported / squatted later in AOS proper - which doesn't mean anything after the Greenskinz squatting and Rippa' Snarlfangs release).

---

As my user name tells, I'm like @KingBrodd and his love for Gargants, but for Nurgle 🤢🤢🤢. Yet his range is almost "complete" in AOS and 40k (only missing a Herald On Palanquin / Epidemius in plastic ! Hopefully coming soon with a Disc Herald for Tzeentch in a box like Wrath & Rapture). My OTHER big wait and love is Devoted Of Sigmar / Order Of Azyr :D:D:D I hope WHU / Warcry provides !!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

It seems GW has an interesting design policy for their AOS parent games. If we look at Slaves To Darkness or Daughters of Khaine, we can see there are : 

- For WHU : classic takes on the warbands design (made from generic Darkoath Barbarians or generic units from the DoK ranges with Witch Aelves, etc.).

-For Warcry : more extraordinary design inspirations (8 Realm-based Barbarians for STD, Spies and Assassins tropes for the DOK Shadowstalkers).

Kurnothi being an (awesome) exception to the "rule" above. But if WHU stay with the classics (variations on Skeletons, Skaven warriors, Gitmob Grot, etc.), we could indeed also get a Phoenix Guard / Dispossessed warbands for WHU season 4. (Even if those are unsupported / squatted later in AOS proper - which doesn't mean anything after the Greenskinz squatting and Rippa' Snarlfangs release).

---

As my user name tells, I'm like @KingBrodd and his love for Gargants, but for Nurgle 🤢🤢🤢. Yet his range is almost "complete" in AOS and 40k (only missing a Herald On Palanquin / Epidemius in plastic ! Hopefully coming soon with a Disc Herald for Tzeentch in a box like Wrath & Rapture). My OTHER big wait and love is Devoted Of Sigmar / Order Of Azyr :D:D:D I hope WHU / Warcry provides !!!!!!

I'm hoping for one more kit to complete the range!! If all we get is the single kit and the Battletome I'll be more than happy, but a leader kit would be amazing.

I'd also love to see the Devoted of Sigmar get some love.

Edited by KingBrodd

7 hours ago, Overread said:

What's scary is when you consider that true English Longbowman were famous for volume of arrows shot - if they had these the volume of arrows being fired would have been utterly nuts! They could even have had a kid trained to basically stand by each bowman to thrust a new cartridge of bolt-arrows into the slot once expired. 

I know this is hardly a discussion for the rumor thread, but one has to consider the issue of logistics. High volume of fire is nice, but you still have to have access to the arrows (a non-trivial question particularly when on campaign or a situation with restricted supply like a siege.) Carting around loads of arrows is already a challenge, and increasing rate of fire means you need to carry around even more arrows to sustain fire over the same length of time. The cartridges themselves also add extra weight and bulk, not to mention adding weight to the bow itself when loaded. 

There's also the problem of mechanical complexity. A regular bow is a pretty reliable weapon, but any extra complexity also increases the risk of failure. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alghero81 said:

For the ignorants like me, isn’t a crossbow something similar but easier to use? Ok less range but also easier to use...

Not really. The main advantage of that thing is increased rate of fire, the main disadvantage of a crossbow is decreased rate of fire.

9 hours ago, alghero81 said:

For the ignorants like me, isn’t a crossbow something similar but easier to use? Ok less range but also easier to use...

The main problem with training longbowmen such as English longbowmen was that you had to train for a very long time in order to build up the upper body strength to be able to pull the warbow back and fire in a repeat and fast manner. It wasn't so much accuracy that they went for, but a carpet effect whereby you'd have rank and file archers who'd fire off a huge slew of arrows and rain down death on the enemey.

Thing is those people took years and years to train and had to maintain their training to be fighting ready. So it creates two issues in that firstly you've got to pay for them even when you're at peace so that they remain fighting fit; secondly any losses you take are much harder to replace as you can't just grab anyone and thrust them into the role. 

Crossbows had a winder which allowed weaker people to wind back the bow segment and then fire. They meant you could train up people and get them to a fighting standard very quickly. This means you don't have the long upkeep costs and you can also grab anyone of an able body and thrust them into the role with some months training. 

• Like 5

Right thanks, so it's better to have a repeating warbow rather than a crossbow because it's quicker to load. Although it seems a repeating crossbows beats both as you would need less training and you would have same rate of fire than the normal bow, Then it's about considering range... Anyway, last topic before this digression was Warcry warbands. I think Tom from Warhammer Weekly got it right one year ago saying that each "season" will be dedicated to a grand alliance and will change the packaging colour. I bet on 6 Order warbands, including the first Azyr warband ever. 

The only thing ruining this plan is the Ossiarch rumour engine as it is 49/49 Warcry/Warhammer Underworlds (2% being a limited edition model or something for the main game).

1 hour ago, Overread said:

The main problem with training longbowmen such as English longbowmen was that you had to train for a very long time in order to build up the upper body strength to be able to pull the warbow back and fire in a repeat and fast manner. It wasn't so much accuracy that they went for, but a carpet effect whereby you'd have rank and file archers who'd fire off a huge slew of arrows and rain down death on the enemey.

Thing is those people took years and years to train and had to maintain their training to be fighting ready. So it creates two issues in that firstly you've got to pay for them even when you're at peace so that they remain fighting fit; secondly any losses you take are much harder to replace as you can't just grab anyone and thrust them into the role. 

Crossbows had a winder which allowed weaker people to wind back the bow segment and then fire. They meant you could train up people and get them to a fighting standard very quickly. This means you don't have the long upkeep costs and you can also grab anyone of an able body and thrust them into the role with some months training. 

It’s even worse since you can’t count on having everyone in peak condition when the fight takes place. Illness, cold, fatigue, stress, little sleep may make someone shake and struggle with a draw weight that he could easily pull under perfect conditions. That’s why bowhunters often choose a bow that’s weaker than their maximum pull. A crossbow can always be pulled with the right implements. And since you don’t have to hold the draw weight while aiming and shooting, the precision might still be ok if you’re tired.

Edited by Beastmaster

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

Right thanks, so it's better to have a repeating warbow rather than a crossbow because it's quicker to load. Although it seems a repeating crossbows beats both as you would need less training and you would have same rate of fire than the normal bow, Then it's about considering range... Anyway, last topic before this digression was Warcry warbands. I think Tom from Warhammer Weekly got it right one year ago saying that each "season" will be dedicated to a grand alliance and will change the packaging colour. I bet on 6 Order warbands, including the first Azyr warband ever. 

The only thing ruining this plan is the Ossiarch rumour engine as it is 49/49 Warcry/Warhammer Underworlds (2% being a limited edition model or something for the main game).

An Order season would be perfect. I'd love to see a Free Guild come out. 

I just cannot wait for the next progression of the story. Heres hoping for another Campaign book this year.

Edited by KingBrodd

59 minutes ago, azdimy said:

I am hopeful that the latest rumor engine will be part of a new Etheric vortex terrain piece for the deepkin. Rules cover a type of terrain piece where only the shipwreck is a part of so far and it s almost been 2 years. It is time

Doubt they GW would release another terrain piece for Deepkin. Why would they ? 

As fun as more terrain would be, I assume whenever the Idoneth get an update (wether in 2nd edition or further afield) it will likely drop the references to other Etheric vortex terrain. I would be happy to be proven wrong as I think there are lots of cool terrain pieces that would fit the army but I do not see that level of support going forward. 

As of right now, I think that we will likely see an update through Warcry and eventually in Underworlds. I also think when AOS gets through all the planned armies we will have some kind of Psychic Awakening style expansions and the books that came out just prior to or  right after second edition will be first to be updated.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

There are tons of stuff in Battletomes that never became models. I dobut Deepkin get another terrain, doesn't make sense whatsoever unless GW changes them to "Etheric Terrain" Order Battletome.

But is there stuff with tags and mechanics built for it that never becomes models? There's certainly stuff in the fiction that never gets models, but is there stuff that has a slot in the gameplay specifically and explicitly left open for it that has gotten completely dropped? 

3 minutes ago, Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll said:

But is there stuff with tags and mechanics built for it that never becomes models? There's certainly stuff in the fiction that never gets models, but is there stuff that has a slot in the gameplay specifically and explicitly left open for it that has gotten completely dropped? 

But it already has a model ;) so sure maybe sometime in the future they will expand it but I doubt it.  Or maybe it was just a way out for some cool conversions etc.