The Rumour Thread

40 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

there's more to come, and some of them large.

and if the latest mawtribes book is anything to go by the kitbash opportunities are endless, after all, all races fall to chaos at some point.

Now... the fomoroid crusher.... big guy with the potential to throw rocks, or bits of that scenery piece he's got in his hand... what if there was a unit of two or three in a box of something like him, or of comparable size?

On another note...

Did we pick up on the snippet in the chaos lord on big thing description:

did someone not pick up a couple of weeks a go that one of the Cities of Big Trousers units has Azyr as a keyword or something?

Does this mean that Archaon is taking the fight to the gates of Azyr? 😲

I need to know everything you know.  Right nao.  Yesterday would actually be my preference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Austin said:

I need to know everything you know.  Right nao.  Yesterday would actually be my preference.

nothing concrete Austin, unfortunately - but this is a rumour thread after all.

The Fomoroid crusher basically breaks bits off that rock and throws it - there's a ranged attack for our slaves to darkness army.

The big question is whether  he will be a unit or a single model that in the Slaves book can be taken as a unit.  For warcry there's the potential of seeing him maybe in a box of two or three, and if that's the case, there's your unit in Slaves.

The ogres was something mentioned a very long time ago.  Chaos ogres were a thing, free lunch and all the killing you can fill your boots with - and potentially there was muttering of them coming back - but as we saw in the 8th edition fantasy warrior of chaos book, they were essentially a kitbash of ogors with some chaos iconography on them.

There's more models coming apparently, but how many are blends of existing vs truly new sculpts will be the big question - but it's coming soon so hopefully as these next few weeks unfold we'll be teased with more and more.

As for the ogroid myrmidon .... headswap and there's my doombull right there!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lowki said:

Thanks! as always very useful overview. Are you sure about the one from may 28th...don't see it really, but maybe just me.

The back of the model is what this is predicted to be, which I think is a safe bet.

Also, with so many of what was assumed to be new AoS aelves turning out to be other things, seems like a good time to re-assess our expectations of seeing new pointy ears any time soon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clif Blunderbrows said:

The back of the model is what this is predicted to be, which I think is a safe bet.

Also, with so many of what was assumed to be new AoS aelves turning out to be other things, seems like a good time to re-assess our expectations of seeing new pointy ears any time soon.

One of the new Chaos Warriors is holding a severed Elf head....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

did someone not pick up a couple of weeks a go that one of the Cities of Big Trousers units has Azyr as a keyword or something?

Does this mean that Archaon is taking the fight to the gates of Azyr? 😲

It is the Battlemage.

He can choose a spell from one realm and gets +1 to cast on that realm. Since there is an Azyr spell the rule aplies, but i dont think it is a big deal.