The Rumour Thread

That's a really interesting rumor engine. Looks Aelvish, obviously.

Seems to be part of a scenic base or terrain bit. The swirling rune symbol at the bottom is evocative of Wanderers and the plants on the base as well as the way the symbol seems to almost turn into vines reinforces that. The central rune is familiar to me but I can't place where I've seen it. The overall symbol seems evocative of bird or dragon?

Conceptually, old Wood Aelves also had something called Waystones, basically rocks inscribed with magical runes that seems like this may be a new take on.

image.png.713b6faf63f32fb69e2379d3ec7a7466.png

Overall my verdict is Kurnothi, 100% If it was just the central rune I'd consider Light Aelves but the rest of it leans far too much Wanderers.

• Like 3

Overall, given the bent of the unfulfilled rumor engines over the last several months (Lots of Aelf looking stuff, some (probably warcry) Chaos stuff, and one or two bits that may be gitmob, I think the next new army release will definitely be Aelves. Kurnothi or Hysh Aelves first is arguable at this point, but I'm leaning Kurnothi.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 6:47 PM, Enoby said:

With the red painting handles and paint stick being strange predictions in that spreadsheet that have now proven correct, I think it seems  that it's more likely the rest of the rumour is true. Look forward to Slaves to Darkness, but am worried they'll get rid of their marking ability - would be a huge shame to lose out options of other gods (especially Slaanesh who seriously lacks in other mortals).  

The best case scenario would be if the warcry warbands can be marked. 

30 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 15.51.32.png

Beside the part on the left beeing roots I agree :D

Wheat for the Wheat God, Buns for his Bun Throne!

Edit: At least the Soul Grinder fints into the theme

Edit2: Prepare for Dual Box  "Farmers of Sigmar" against "Gardeners of Nurgle"

Edited by Charleston
  • Like 2

Just now, Landohammer said:

Has there ever been a situation where a unit was pulled from a codex and added to another? If Kurnoth is indeed on the horizon, why would they have released Skaeth so early as a Sylvaneth unit? 

Its not unheard-of for warbands to precede codexes, but this just seems strange. 

I'm not aware of it, though Legions of Nagash has had several models renamed (new warscroll) with different stats when being put into other Death Armies. Sometimes the changes are minor (key words only) but points and stats and abilities all have the potential to change under such a system. So the same model can appear in two armies and function differently in each. 

As for Kurnothi don't forget that GW might be doing what they did with Slaves to Darkness and Darkoath. With Kurnothi just ending up being a facet of the Sylvaneth army rather than getting their own battletome and full army. It would actually take things back to how wood-elves used to work; even if its a darn bitter pill for the original players to get their army cut in half and then their elf part cut again with loss of models only to then see new sculpts replace them. But at the same time Kurnothi are very different. 

4 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

Has there ever been a situation where a unit was pulled from a codex and added to another? If Kurnoth is indeed on the horizon, why would they have released Skaeth so early as a Sylvaneth unit? 

Its not unheard-of for warbands to precede codexes, but this just seems strange. 

Another option is for the unit to be in two separate codices.

• Like 2

how does some one make farmers of sigmar battle tome in first place. Its more likely the partner faction fer tzeench tome you guys are waiting. but there is kinda open window for teclis's boys to support stornmcast eternals. and kurnoti tome would make some sense as these toys being their scenery as the standinf stones to many good picks but my choice would be kurnoti as teclis and malerion's boys gonna be nice ying yand package for their respective chaos god tomes. 

What's interesting is that when you consider most of the humans in AoS are within the wild Slaves to Darkness faction, chances are a lot of the warriors there ARE farmers. For those wild peoples who farm rather than live nomadic lives they likely operate a bit like Vikings; a raiding season but also a harvesting season and thus having to head home to get the landworkers back to the land to gather in the harvest. 

Cities of Sigmar appear to not need that and field more trained dedicated soliders. Which likely gives them the edge in combat ability, but a distinct disadvantage in both the numbers and also the cost of doing battle. 

Indeed for Cities of Sigmar further behind the lines I could see them arguing that they shouldn't have to pay toward a war that's far removed from their land. That the cost of maintaining a large standing army is too great and that others should shoulder the cost; or have the army disbanded. Especially as Sigmar plucks the bravest and the best to become immortal warriors. Why spend a fortune each year for human soldiers to grow rich and fat in guardposts when Stormcast place no pressure on your resources and yet also carry the war to Chaos and protect the lands. It's what they are made for. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

42 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

The "Farmers of Sigmar" rumour is silly, everyone knows that they would have to have a silly name like Grainreap Harvestators.

Battletomes like Cities of Sigmar or Beasts of Chaos are definitely in a minority when it comes to AoS naming conventions.

Does it have a gluten free paleo vegan option?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

The "Farmers of Sigmar" rumour is silly, everyone knows that they would have to have a silly name like Grainreap Harvestators.

Battletomes like Cities of Sigmar or Beasts of Chaos are definitely in a minority when it comes to AoS naming conventions.

I have to say, "Harvestator" is a VERY good word.  Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Does it have a gluten free paleo vegan option?

I guess you could pledge your allegiance to Quorn!

(I now have a doubt as to whether mycoprotien  is actually gluten free though.)

8 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

I have to say, "Harvestator" is a VERY good word.  Cheers!

You're quite welcome!

Edited by EccentricCircle

21 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

I don't think so (yet). I think that the price over the content was a huge brake to sales. Add to this that it was intended for specific players (aeldari/drukhari/ynari) already equiped (not good to start an army with this box) and not that easy to split. I think that it sold badly.

Beneficial for us here, boxsets unlikely to raise like that again

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

Well, if we get any grainy photos from a potato camera, we'll know for sure.

• Haha 4