The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

Do we know if the Battletomes are going up this week with Underworlds? Or am I waking up Sunday to more neverending Astartes nonsense.

Well I guess Underworlds seems very likely to hit preorder this weekend, as for cos or Orruks, I have literally no glue when they’ll be coming, since gw seems to be ignoring these books, as much as possible.

Hope is that we will see something for them to come this weekend.

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I have literally no glue when they’ll be comin

That's a shame, you should buy some to build up more clanrats !

I guess they will go along with beastgrave. But the more time goes on the more I loose hope about dedicated endless spells and scenery for them.

59 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

They updated site pictures for round bases. 

(And changed Dragon base size just as i finished REbasing. Cmom gw help me out here)

What Dragon did they change the base size for?

I only see the Dreadlord on Black Dragon with the 105mm oval, but that base size was suggested for this miniature in the GW pdf for base sizes last year.

Edited by Infernalslayer

3 hours ago, Overread said:

4PM British Summer Time - NEW WARBAND appears on the GW community page

So in less than 2 hours? Nice. Meanwhile, I wonder a bit about GW´s change of Teaser-Politics for AoS lately. I firmly belive there are some intern reasons for this, but nevertheless gw behaves odd:
-> The long term policy based on a brief period of teaser to release, depending on the kind of reveal. Big Events like Nova were used to annouce models for the next months. No new big Teases before we haven´t got all releases. It was a perfect fit, often with the last released beeing 1-2 weeks before the next big event.

Currently we have tons of Previews but no Release info. Since Sylvaneth it seems there is another issue with their release pipeline, as we still lack any new info on Orruk Warclans and Cities or Ogor-Releases, while GW happily announced a new Faction.

I start to belive that, whatever happened to the Sylvaneth Tome, happened to the Orruks and CoS too. I could really imagine that the day that GW took all the Models into "LastChanceToBuy"there should have been more for CoS but what had to be delayed. Althrough it could also have been on purpose so old stock gets depleted as fast as possible to make place for new models in the storage.

35 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Gorger is rebased!!!!!!!

Huh, that was, after possibly Maneaters, the finecast model I most expected to be cut for Ogors.

Bodes well for Beastclaw Finecast I suppose.  I just still have my fingers crossed for a new plastic butcher, like anyone else who plays Ogors.

10 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

I wonder if Maneaters and Firebellies are going to be relegated as well, that most of the mercenaries are going to be cut from active books and be used exclusively as mercenaries. A lot of them could be at risk, the Death, Freeguild, Vampire and Chaos ones in particular. 

It seems likely, almost everything on the mercenary list is suspect in some way.

Honestly I think most of the mercenaries should be fine - what happened with the dwarf cannon was likely more of GW's internal breakdown between different departments. Whoever wrote the rules for mercenaries likely got told or assumed that the cannon would not be removed (they are darn iconic) and then bam they got removed. We also don't know Gw's long term plans - the cannon might have had mould damage forcing removal coupled to GW knowing that they'll be back next year in a new set etc...

• Thanks 1

image.png.0c1636cb3cb3646e6a66eab86bebb060.png

Cast your mind back to a forgotten age, when unwary travellers passing through great forests or across desolate steppes had to be constantly wary, lest they be attacked by vicious little greenskins on even more vicious wolves.

Those days may be long gone, but just as the Waaagh! always comes back, so too have the grots and their murderous mounts  – this time to the Warhammer Underworlds! Meet Rippa’s Snarlfangs.

This pack of Snarlfang-riding grots are leaner, meaner and more muscular than their Moonclan mates, and will be raiding their way across Warhammer Underworlds: Beastgrave before too long!

Edited by Harpo2
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

Just now, Captain Marius said:

Ha I think they look great! Is this the first example of a unit being reimagined after being removed from sale? I mean this hints at a new Grot book somewhere down the line, could Gitmob and Grotbag Scuttlers be a combined tome perhaps?

Might be or might just be GW using Underworlds to release things that they can't find space for a whole army of. So they can't make a whole army of wolfrider gobbos, but they can throw fans a bone (if you excuse the pun) and release an Underworld Warband for them. Heck at £15 for 3 or so they are priced about the same as many modern cavalry from GW so you could certainly use them instead of spider riders as stand ins and make your own wolf goblin cavalry army.

• Like 2