AoS Xmas Battleforce Box theories

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Paxter said:

I know there is a DOK box coming, an admech one, and an imperial fist one which comes with all the upgrade parts, there is 1 more for aos but I forgot what it was.

There would be 3 more for AoS, not including the announced Idoneth one.

Imperial Fists doesn’t sound right either, they don’t have any upgrade parts.

I'm interested to see what GW have planned over these 10 boxes.

If there is a Stormcast one, unless it is packed with hard to ignore models, I probably won't get it despite only collecting Stormcast for AoS.

However, if there is an Ork one for 40k (especially a foot slogging one) then I am likely to be all over that! Just starting an Ork force and need to build up the boyz etc. 

7 hours ago, AwareTheLegend said:

I'm going to hope for an Admech one and the Destruction set from last year again.

Admech have gotten a lot of love this year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them pop up again, especially since they have a decently varied range, not huge, but it's got some variety, of plastic models(Icewind Assault had some resin, but I bet they prefer to keep it plastic).

For AoS after Idoneth Deepkin is Sacrosanct Stormcast and Maggotkin have got to be locks. I wan't to say DoK would fit, but with two Order already, I don't know if they would, but they very well might do a third. While the new stormcast are a given, it seems too soon to do a new Nighthaunt box, but then it's a good range to put together a box without trying too hard. I wouldn't be shocked to see a destruction box that is made up of some combination of Moonclan grots, spiderfang, giants,  trolls and maybe even the classic Greenskinz orcs. While I think Nurgle is a lock for a chaos slot, I could see them double dipping and doing a Slaves to Darkness box too.

38 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

So what will happen with all of last year's unsold Battleforce boxes?

We can rule out them being sold at a discount.

Will they get sent back to depot to be reboxed into their constituent parts?

Will they be written off?

Will they be kept available for sale?

Anybody know?

My guess is that they're just gonna stay in store until someone buys them. After all, there's no such thing as "best before"-date with miniatures.

8 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

My guess is that they're just gonna stay in store until someone buys them. After all, there's no such thing as "best before"-date with miniatures.

Unless your a Brettonian or tomb King. Best before 2015 expiry date pretty much now. 

That's true, and definitely an option I missed off my list!

On the other hand, they take up a lot of shelf space, and there's also the prospect that it might dampen the "limited edition / grab it while you can" aspect.  I personally would be surprised to see them remain available in parallel with the new batch - I'm thinking we're likely to see them quietly disappear.

But maybe I'm wrong.

19 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

There would be 3 more for AoS, not including the announced Idoneth one.

Imperial Fists doesn’t sound right either, they don’t have any upgrade parts.

I am 99% sure the imperial fist one is real, and there are upgrade kits for IF which doubles as CF kits 

8 hours ago, Paxter said:

I am 99% sure the imperial fist one is real, and there are upgrade kits for IF which doubles as CF kits 

That would be quite interesting (and random) if true. Why sell IF/CF kits as a Battleforce box? I can't seem to wrap my head around the reasoning for GW to do that. 

25 minutes ago, CaptainSoup said:

That would be quite interesting (and random) if true. Why sell IF/CF kits as a Battleforce box? I can't seem to wrap my head around the reasoning for GW to do that. 

Because they want to sell Primaris and they think adding a twist like upgrade sprues will sell more than having more Ultramarines on the shelf

19 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Because they want to sell Primaris and they think adding a twist like upgrade sprues will sell more than having more Ultramarines on the shelf

That makes  sense, it just still seems random though. I guess my confusion stems from how confident @Paxter is in that it will be included...

9 hours ago, Paxter said:

Those kits are Resin though, and the backpacks in the sets are not the same as newer Primaris ones (presumption that the box would be primaris).  This box would really need a new Primaris upgrade sprue, not beyond the realms of possibility though.

Yeah the Christmas boxes were never about releasing new things, its about bundling up a block of models to be sold with some discount to spark big sales over christmas (either being bought as gifts or as personal purchases over the holiday period). 

Archived