9 hours ago, XReN said:

For everyone who talks smack about phoenicium - get a knight incantor, get a single gryphhound (either through SCE hero or Warpriest) and then nuke the doggo with Spirit Flasks on the turn you want the bonus (that is clearly intended as defensive boost)
Profit! Army-wide CC bonus at the cost of bringing 2 support heroes and causing yourself problems with animal protectionists.

Pretty brilliant! I was wondering if there was a way to kill off your own unit and completely forgot about spirit flasks. The knight incantor is a decent pick anyway.

i think the the other factions that can be in a city might just count as allies, but not take points. So you can only have 1/4 stormcast in any city army, or 1/4 sylvaneth or KO in thier respective cities.  On top of that i hope the cities will let you take any order faction as normal allys. 

1 minute ago, kuroyume said:

yeah, usually the day the book goes up for preorder

I'm assuming evening time, or Sunday morning for me in the UK. I'm really curious as to what rules are changing. I'm feeling too tempted by getting to run KO in tempest eye without doing a full army. (I love the models but don't want to jump in without seeing their new book. Seems like arkanaut skypike spam is the way to go, and could see warscroll getting errataed)

Freeguild Handgunners got a really nice up!
They got a natural +1 to hit, only require a 10+ unit to gain +1 hit again and more importantly :

"Crack Shot: Tales are told of battles won
with a single, well-paced shot from a
long rifle.
Enemy Heroes do not benefit from the
Look Out, Sir! rule for attacks made with a
Long Rifle."

Crossbows took a hit. Lost stand and shoot as well as the ability to gain rend and need to stand still to get an additional shot. 

They gained 4 inches of range. 

That hurts after converting 30 of them rather heavily.

But the demigryph changes and mortal wound chance for great swords is very welcome.

Edited by BrocknerTheBear