AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 hours ago, Charleston said:

Althrough thats only a 13.8% chance (5/36) for the D6 damage on unbind with that new general trait, it is still another way to get unbinds. I just recently noticed how powerfull magical supermacy may be in a game and beeing able to contest that to an enemy without even using mages is quite awesome. For usual two armies having wizzards compete in terms of cast/unbind rolls. It´s like "You can stop me from using my magic as dps source, but I can stop yours too". Kind of a unwritten deal within the rules. Khorne is totaly able to shut it down for a comparable low cost. This Trait is another option to do so as we get another new option for unbinding that is not tied to a unit, a prayer nor an artifact.

I like it

and to be honest, it's not like it's in competition against a very powerful trait like Staunch Defender

41 minutes ago, Mikeymajq said:

Wouldn't Slaughter triumphant make bloodletters deal 2 MW's on 6s? That with super easy access to reroll 1s sounds pretty nasty.

Unless the wording on bloodletters changed, no. The mortal wounds are in addition to hits, so a 6 would cause two hits and one mortal wound. It's still a great ability, daemonettes have something similar and it's amazing on them, but the biggest problem is you need 8 blood tithe to trigger it. Usually that either means you're winning so hard that the extra hits don't matter because you'll win either way, or you're losing so hard you don't have enough units left to take advantage it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Unless the wording on bloodletters changed, no. The mortal wounds are in addition to hits, so a 6 would cause two hits and one mortal wound. It's still a great ability, daemonettes have something similar and it's amazing on them, but the biggest problem is you need 8 blood tithe to trigger it. Usually that either means you're winning so hard that the extra hits don't matter because you'll win either way, or you're losing so hard you don't have enough units left to take advantage it.

I'n my experience if you are playing with three Priests using Sacrifice every turn, and you've got min squads of Reavers, it's pretty easy to get to eight blood tithe at least twice a game. Even when I blobbed my Reavers into one giant 40 man unit I never had problems summoning multiple units a turn or getting to 8 tithe at least once. Sacrifice is an incredibly powerful ability made better with a nearby Chaos Spawn.

9 minutes ago, andysonic1 said:

I'n my experience if you are playing with three Priests using Sacrifice every turn, and you've got min squads of Reavers, it's pretty easy to get to eight blood tithe at least twice a game. Even when I blobbed my Reavers into one giant 40 man unit I never had problems summoning multiple units a turn or getting to 8 tithe at least once. Sacrifice is an incredibly powerful ability made better with a nearby Chaos Spawn.

Fair enough, assuming that prayer is still around and we don't  get limited to one use per turn like daughters of khaine, then you could  definitely shoot for that. The new scenery would even help with rerolls. The big problem is you're trading off +1s to hit or save in order to kill your own models off and get a buff by maybe the 2nd or 3rd turn... Which I guess would take some play testing to decide if it's worthwhile or not. 

16 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Fair enough, assuming that prayer is still around and we don't  get limited to one use per turn like daughters of khaine, then you could  definitely shoot for that. The new scenery would even help with rerolls. The big problem is you're trading off +1s to hit or save in order to kill your own models off and get a buff by maybe the 2nd or 3rd turn... Which I guess would take some play testing to decide if it's worthwhile or not. 

Also fair enough, I'm giving up additional hitting or saving power for more Daemon Summoning power. If this gets nerfed, so will +1 hit and +1 save prayers, so everyone will need to change how they play. HOWEVER, I believe (see: hope) there will be a Slaughterhost that focuses on mortal models summoning daemon models. It should come with something to boost summoning (at the cost of not using a different Slaughterhost).

I mean at this point who can really say what is going to change and what is going to stay. It's clear they've looked the entire book over and 2.0'd it. I hope the summoning mechanic gets some love.

I think it likely that the prayers get limited to 1 of each per turn. That seems to be the case with other new prayer disciplines as well as with all spells. It would also limit some of the more abusive situations, like stacking +3 save on something and making it immortal. I think this would be an improvement. 

Please, Make Bloodletters Great Again!

Kidding, don’t need the Bloodletter bomb again, but please make it easier to field Bloodletters for the points - maybe a chance to Run an Charge, a ward save like old WHFB, a much easier way to replenish Bloodletters besides rolling a 1 for Bravery (I’ve never had that happen).

i am not complaining, just hoping for something for my little plastic best friends.  

• Like 2

Loving those Judgements of Khorne. Can see the Skulls and the Axe being used quite a bit, great that we can only control them unlike Endless spells where it's dependant on who's taking 2nd turn etc.

Those Skulls doing -2 to cast, unmodified 8 to cast makes it unbound and forgot the spell + the D6 Mortal Wounds to all Wizards within 12".

Imagine Nagash forgetting his spells and blowing him and his friends up haha

The skulls are cool, the icon is OK, the axe is sweet. I can see myself using the axe every game and the skulls nearly every game. The alter being an 8 inch aura for your priests and a 16 inch aura for enemy wizards is fantastic. Now I can move my Priests further into the battlefield without fearing for the life of my big banner boi. The whole thing feels like you're creating an area of spell denial that is potentially devastating for the enemy to enter. So far so good. As long as leaks don't reveal some horrible misstep in rules somewhere, I'm a happy boi! 

• Like 1

Hexgorger skulls seem interesting, assuming they cost ~40p.

Interesting to note, only the owner of the prayers can move them. Which is a lot different from several endless spells. (might make the axe good, although 5+ seems unreliable)

I wonder if the first shrine will be for free like other faction terrain. Either way, it seems like an auto-include for everything that even remotely thinks about including mortals.

Edited by Xasz
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Xasz said:

I wonder if the first shrine will be for free like other faction terrain. Either way, it seems like an auto-include for everything that even remotely thinks about including mortals.

It says in the article that the Shrine is a free terrain piece for a Khorne army.

• Thanks 1

I am liking the skulls, but the other two seem a bit unreliable especially the axe on a 5 even with a reroll.

Terrain piece is nice but I really hope it is not the end of gorepilgrims as it’s not as flexible as the battalion. Interesting it says khorne priests - hello warshrine.

I am interested in what is happening with summoning and blood blessings

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

I am interested in what is happening with summoning and blood blessings

I feel like they will be in the same state as before for the most part and blessings will have the rule of one written into them.

The big questions will probably only be answered on release day, like what happens to bannerboi, how did the battalions change and what Slaughterhosts are there.  (on top of a complete evaluation)

As it stands now (with incomplete information), it feels like shift to the mortal side of Khorne.

I’m curious if there are penalties for failing to get the roll on the judgements, by which I mean the d3 mortal wounds on a 1 that you get with other prayers and blessings. I really hope that they’ve reduced the penalty to 1 mw or gotten rid of it entirely.

They mentioned there is a chance of Judgements going away, I'm wondering what the likelihood will be. That said, gd I see Khorne going up in the meta quite a bit. Hexgorger skulls look like a real possible counter to Nagash. Even a 5+ is pretty reliable with a reroll compared to magic for the axe. I could see the Brass Icon one being pretty good too, bravery bombing is kinda underrated right now.

• Like 1