AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Gaz Taylor

8 minutes ago, Easytyger said:

You need to buff the skullreapers. you need to pump their attacks up to 6-7 to punch through armored targets. 

I did. I mentioned my 39 attacks. They start with 4 attacks base. I pumped them up with 3 attacks using the Bloodsecrator, Wrathmongers and Aspiring Deathbringer. 

2 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

Do we have any actual hammers left? I was playing against Ironjawz and my Skullreapers in Skulltake in the Skullfiend Tribe straight up could not kill a Maw-Krusha. 2 units of Brutes and a Maw-Krusha killed my 10 Skullreapers and 5 Wrathmongers... 

I feel like removing the rend from the Skullreapers took all their teeth from them. 

After 2 turns I had my 10 Skullreapers, 1 out of 2 Khorgoraths, 5 Wrathmongers, 8 Blood Warriors and my Mighty Lord of Khorne dead. 

I had 30 Bloodreavers, 2 Slaughterpriests, 1 Bloodstoker, 1 Aspiring Deathbringer, 1 Bloodsecrator and 2 Blood Warriors left. 

I had killed 7 Brutes and a Maw-Krusha. 

They had roughly 8ish Brutes left, 2 Warchanters and a Weirdknob left. 

Ironjawz are basically a trash tier army at this point aren’t they? If I’m struggling this much (I could have done some things differently for sure, but I mean...) against a truly low tier army what hope can I have against anything remotely competant like Skaven, FEC, DoK, IDK.... 

1 hour ago, Ravinsild said:

I did. I mentioned my 39 attacks. They start with 4 attacks base. I pumped them up with 3 attacks using the Bloodsecrator, Wrathmongers and Aspiring Deathbringer. 

Oh I didn’t see you mentioning how many extra attacks you have them in the OP.  So in your next post you mention 39 attacks.  Did you mean that’s how many hits and wounds you had?

6 minutes ago, Easytyger said:

Oh I didn’t see you mentioning how many extra attacks you have them in the OP.  So in your next post you mention 39 attacks.  Did you mean that’s how many hits and wounds you had?

I guess you’re right, I thought I had said it. I got probably 80% of the hits through and then another 60% of those wounds through and then the opponent made the majority of 3+ saves :( 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

I guess you’re right, I thought I had said it. I got probably 80% of the hits through and then another 60% of those wounds through and then the opponent made the majority of 3+ saves :( 

This is what I was afraid of. For me the 2 handers did almost all the damage along with mortal wounds on 5s and sixes. Now thats gone. As far as I'm concerned the attacks they have are not great.

I'm searching for a good hammer now. If I jump ship to Slaanesh I want one, and if I stay khorne I want one. Manticore lord might do the trick. Matbe buffed bulgors? I'm not really sure. I feel like I might need to just get some damn bloodthirsters, but I want to proxy them to see if they are really the punch I'm looking for and are cost effectve.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

I feel like removing the rend from the Skullreapers took all their teeth from them. 

Well, Skullreapers never had rend on their normal weapons, just the unit superweapon and the champ's Vicious Mutation. And we still have the latter. Were you facing both the Mawkrusha and Brutes at the same time? Coz they'll chew through Skullreapers quite happily, as they should, together. And did you mention the Mawkrusha had particularly good luck with saves?

Edited by Roark

I had a long look in the book last night, thought up another list using the triple thirster always fight first nuttyness

Bloodlords

Tyrants of blood battalion 140

Skarbrand 400

WoK thirster with halo of blood 320

Thirster of insensate rage thirster with Ar'gath king of blades 280

Slaughter priest x2 with axe 260

Bloodsecrstor, general, slaughterers thirst(to keep up with everyone, he can use this trait the best) 140

40 bloodreavers 240

2x5 flesh hounds 200

Again, looking to make a list that can hold its own in a tournament (might go to one of the team ones) and this seems far better than bloodcrushers imo. Could use anbloodstoker but I'd have to get rid of a hero and slaughter priest seems better.

For the bloodreavers, staying wholly within 16 seems a bit difficult especially if they're going for a charge. Need some clever positioning during movement and then a nice easy charge probably.

The flesh hounds are there to cause trouble on flanks & hold objectives, not really needing them to do much.

I understand this list has a very very heavy reliance on the bloodthirsters, so a counter would destroy me. 

Cheers guys

A few month ago, there was someone complaining, that Khorne plays like "Little Khorny Chaos Wonderland", because our movement, positioning and buffs do always have to go through and be straight on point.

He was absolutely right, and not only that!
It seems, that it went much worse, as we now have the "...wholy within..." rules set to our army.

I am afraid, that we can not stay competetive without the Tyrants battalion and the Skullcrushers anymore.
That would bring us straight back to the point, the old book was after it got errata hammered and we had like 2 Battalions left, that could compete with the other factions.

Interestingly my local warhammer shop thinks that you can't buff Skarbrand to have extra attacks with carnage as it says "don't follow the normal attack sequence, instead roll a dice" 

They reckon because it states roll a single dice that's it, it doesn't say roll a dice per attack either so they could be correct. 

Thoughts? 

1 hour ago, KhorneySteve said:

Interestingly my local warhammer shop thinks that you can't buff Skarbrand to have extra attacks with carnage as it says "don't follow the normal attack sequence, instead roll a dice" 

They reckon because it states roll a single dice that's it, it doesn't say roll a dice per attack either so they could be correct. 

Thoughts? 

If you have an attack characteristic, it Can be buffed. It being a normal attack séquence or not is irrelevant

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Daemon slaughter hosts

These seem a lot better than the mortal counterparts which is making me lean towards a heavier daemon slant in my own army. Maybe they felt bad for the daemons cuz they get no Benefit from the shiny new free terrain (whoops!)
Again traits and artefacts are mandatory.

Reapers of vengeance
Enemy add D3 to failed battle shock when within 3, great buff across the army 
Cmd ability
1 daemon unit, wholly, 8, unit can pile in and attack second time, amazing! Notice it's not locked to a specific unit like the mortal equivalent. I can see bloodthirster a rolling across the table with this and doppleganger cloak
Cmd trait
General can dispel, if an 8 is rolled inflicts D6 mortal wounds
Artefact 
When affected by spell 2+ it is ignored, very odd wording on this. I'm reading it as immediately when targeted rather than an additional ward save... Thoughts?

Blood lords
Reroll wound rolls that target a hero or monster, great (again not locked like mortal wholly within jank)
Cmd ability
Heal 1 wound on each unit wholly within 16, meh
Cmd trait
+4 move and reroll charge
Artefact
Bearer fights before sides choose which units attacks first

17 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

I think there was some confusion earlier about when Judgments dissipate. Its after each BATTLE ROUND.

I know this was touched upon before but beara repeating. The Hex Skulls can dissipate before the enemies hero phase, making them pretty much unreliable.

On a side note i know some people where planning on using the Warshrine to push up with Judgments to get the +1 to the dissipate roll, cuz its beefier than Slaughter Priest, but you gotta be wholly within 8 to get bonus and with that things base size it will be very hard to do.

Edit: The real question here is since the Hex Skulls are 2 models do you have to be wholly within both, or just 1 to get bonus? Cuz if its just 1 you can move 1 Skull up to enemy then 1 Skull 6inches closer to you than keep priest 7 or so inches back from that and still get bonus. On the flip side how does it work for say Warshrine, does he have to be wholly with 1 model or can he be wholly within each between the overlapping area both not 1 specifically.

I'm gonna quote myself every day till someone can help me answer this.

It should really be addressed in a FAQ but im thinking you only need to be within 8 of one skull and the Warshrine can't overlap (meaning half within 8 of one and half within 8 of the other). Thoughts?

Read through the book, if you fight a combat and don't have rerolls to hit you've forgotten a rule somewhere

lol so many re rolls!

BoUF +40
My fave bloodthirster
Stats same
Extra range on the lash and keeps a lash attack even when fully degraded
Drawn in for kill
Now one unit chosen in enemy move phase cannot retreat
Land rebels
Each enemy unit, 8, wholly within, 1 mortal on a 5+
Rejoice 
All daemon units, 16, wholly within, pile is 6 and eligible to fight if 6

BoIR +20
Stats same, extra attack on axe
Outrageous carnage same ruling, now set figures, starts as 4 then 3,2,1,1
Bloodthirsty charge
Use start of charge phase, all daemon units, re roll charges, 16, wholly within

WoKB 
Same stats
Hellfire breath only works on a 2+ (why?)
Lord of blood hunt is now, 1 unit, 16, wholly within, reroll hit rolls

7 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

It should really be addressed in a FAQ but im thinking you only need to be within 8 of one skull and the Warshrine can't overlap (meaning half within 8 of one and half within 8 of the other). Thoughts?

Don't keep quoting yourself, it will be annoying for all other users. You could email GW, ask at your local shop, PM a more experienced player or post in the rules query section. 

I believe RAW you need to be wholly within both skulls to add 1 to the roll.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

Can we talk a minute about how cool the lore is in this book? I don't read the novels so i pretty much get all my lore from the battletomes. 

On the very first page it paints Khorne as the greatest chaos god. Then later it cements the fact that if this was just a war between the dark gods Khorne would ultimately be victorious.

They dedicate time to explaining the logistics, which i appreciated. Their basically Sparta where all Khornate are warriors who serve one purpose which is to fight. Then they have droves of unworthy weakling slaves who follow the armies around in manticles and chains who carry/build stuff.

I liked the part about how places of great battles where much blood where spilled are essentially sacred to them and the viel between reality and the realm of Khorne is thin.

It goes on to explain how a person, tribe, or even whole nations could become overwhelmed by bloodlust and the power of Khorne without them even knowing it. It felt very timely and realistic.

And the parts about how the Skull Alter actually rises up from out of the grown through ritual was great. It always baffles me how immobile terrain pieces are always on the battlefield. 

Also it explains that the eldrich energies released by the necroquake enraged Khorne so much and weakened the barrier between the realms and that of chaos now priest can summon forth the Judgments.

The part i found the moat interesting was a passage about becoming a Blood Warrior, how a Reaver could be wisked away to Khorne's realm and then return forged in hellish armor. It felt like the inverse of becoming a Stormcast, a warped mirror image. It went on further to talk about the spirits of fallen deamons and "soul-predators" in that the deamons must pass thru the "flames of Helbrass" to be born anew like the reforging process of there arch-enemies.

It was all so interesting to me and didn't feel contrived (even if it was) that i absolutely loved reading the book cover to cover. Thought it was great.

And then you deployed...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Impa said:

I think we need to include a bloodthirster in every army. I play against stormcast and evocators are the most overpowered thing I have to face every time. Having 10 to 15 drop and charge into whatever the player wants with 3/3 doing 2 damage per model then 2 dice per model in unit doing mortal wounds on a 4+ To any unit he chooses within 3”. A block of 10 evocators can smash anything it seems. The only tool I had to put a dent in them was my bloodthirster and slaughterpriest casting blood boil. Anything they charge with a full unit just crumbles.. This was pre the new battle tome using gorepilgrims, 3 priests, WoKBT, stoker, 30 bloodletters, 20 blood warriors, 10 reavers, 5 wrathmongers I believe was my army. Hammers of Sigmar sequidors are such a pain. All my blood warriors. Reavers. Mongers and bloodletters eventually fell to two 10 man units and his heroes using support and whatever buffs, while I was holding objectives. He can just change stances at the beginning of every combat phase. They can re roll failed defensive rolls with Certain buffs. I had so many wounds go through with my fully buffed blood letters and bloodwarriors. And with all those defensive rolls I couldn’t kill anymore than one or two models at a time. And when I killed off a unit he just brought it back with his hammers of Sigmar ability. My bloodthirster, priests and secrator eventually fell while fighting the evocators. I had a blood warrior screen that got obliterated by mortal wounds. He could roll 20 dice after his initial attacks doing MW on a 4+. It’s just devastating... It was a tight game and I lost by 2 command points. But I had essentially nothing left by the end of the game. One lonely bloodthirster I summoned to hold an an objective. But he held the board at that point. Bloodreavers are like papermache. He never put any of his hero’s against my mongers. So they just buffed his units aswell as mine. And I couldn’t get them into the fray because I had so many other units in their way... So yeah I don’t see how with the new battle tome we gained anything to even deal with these kinds of high defensive units like sequidors. The sheer amount of attacks from evocators. The only thing I can see that will be “meta” is straight up tyrants of blood with 3 bloodthirsters and the slaughterhost with halo of blood or reapers vengeance allowing your bloodthirsters to attack first and using command points with leave none alive to pile in and attack twice. The judgements are cool and I’m going to try them out. But I don’t see what other tool we have to do straight up damage besides the bloodthirsters. Skarbrand could do some amazing things. Bloodwarriors with the gorefists are pretty sweet now. The wrathmongers are essentially mini bloodsecrators. The reapers seem decent but don’t compare to evocators at all.. I don’t get why they just shifted the paradigm of power. Now we’re just praying to Khorne to win our battles for us I guess. Instead of straight up fighting to the last breath in mortal combat hand to hand with worthy foes. I guess we will just have a lot of trial and error. 

Ugh, fellow Bloodbound brother, I never liked fighting ironjawz. Look at all their warscrolls. It’s a LOT better than ours at base, and they are so much easier to play. They hope the dice gods like them, and spam WAAAAGH for days.. i’ll Admit, I’ve never been a fan of them. Annoyingly, rend wouldn’t work against the Maw-Krusha. Every Orruks player would use the warlord trait that I think reduces rend by one, which is a huge pain in the bum. Plus, Brutes are ridiculous with attacks stacking, plus Warchanter buffs. And they go surprisingly fast. There’s little nuances to playing them.

HOWEVER. We have some things they don’t. Skullreapers have little choices of rend, however, mortal wounds are a MASSIVE boon against the Ironjawz. bloodmad warband is excellent, extra attacks means more chances at mortal wounds. Don’t forget, adding 2 or 3 attacks to the vicious mutation, plus Bloodstoker whip, can actually let the skullseeker champ carry the entire unit’s Damage. 

Slaughterborn is another one. It’s just excellent. Reducing rend is massive, and Ironjawz have a LOT of rend attacks, so this is an amazing ability. 

Blood Warriors with gorefists are also amazing thanks to those mortal wounds. If you’re willing, a Slaves to Darkness Sorcerer lord can cast mystic shield to give you more chances at MWs. 

Our army has a LOT of weaknesses, still, but the book’s new tricks are still very interesting, and we’re still quite green to the new potential combos. 

7 hours ago, kahadin said:

This is what I was afraid of. For me the 2 handers did almost all the damage along with mortal wounds on 5s and sixes. Now thats gone. As far as I'm concerned the attacks they have are not great.

I'm searching for a good hammer now. If I jump ship to Slaanesh I want one, and if I stay khorne I want one. Manticore lord might do the trick. Matbe buffed bulgors? I'm not really sure. I feel like I might need to just get some damn bloodthirsters, but I want to proxy them to see if they are really the punch I'm looking for and are cost effectve.

DONT GO SLAANESH. KARANAK WILL FIND YOU, WHEREVER YOU ARE. AND HE WILL BITE YOUR FOOT. KHORNE DOES NOT FORGIVE TRAITORS. On a more serious note, Bullgors are excellent hammers. Don’t forget Bestigors, they’re ridiculously cost efficient. Gors are an solid hammer. Tuskgor Chariots are incredible bacon missiles that will give your opponent seizures at how annoying they are. 

However, I still prefer Skullreapers as MWs allow them to deal with Nighthaunt (My brother’s a ghost. He’s made of ectoplasma, and it’s hard for me to whack him with my sword). 

2 hours ago, KhorneySteve said:

Thoughts? 

It’s got an attack’s characteristic. What it means is that EVERY TIME you make an attack with Carnage, only them you roll a dice. As it has an attack characteristic, it can be increased. It’s just that for every single attack, you roll a dice for each instancez

methinks they’re trying to restrain TOTAL CARNAGE!!! What heresy! SKARBRAND HATES EVERYONE

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jazman84 said:

And then you deployed...

Unfortunately, that was actually true for our old battletome my dude. Hopefully this new one brings us more opportunities to build skull mountains for Khorne. 

This book is still pretty young. Let’s give it Time!

on a different note, how do you guys use your Agrax Earthshade for your blood Warriors? I feel like one of my lads look strangely shiny after I applied a load of Agrax.

also am I supposed to spam Agrax or put thin coats?

im trying to get a muddy dirty dulled down effect for my blood hungry Berserkers, and it’s proving difficult

10 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Enough that it runs into the gaps and recesses but not so much that it starts running down to the base and/or start pooling. It's a bit vague but the best guideline anyone can give you. Maybe watch a couple vids, where you can see the actual process.

If it starts pooling (happens when shading bigger models) you can just "pick" up with your brush.

If you want to darken down the model further (i.e. really dark iron look) you can apply multiple coats of that color. I did that with 3 coats of Nuln Oil on models that had Leadbelcher as base color.

• LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Unfortunately, that was actually true for our old battletome my dude. Hopefully this new one brings us more opportunities to build skull mountains for Khorne. 

on a different note, how do you guys use your Agrax Earthshade for your blood Warriors? I feel like one of my lads look strangely shiny after I applied a load of Agrax.

im trying to get a muddy dirty dulled down effect for my blood hungry Berserkers, and it’s proving difficult

If you use too much of any wash it will leave that sort of shiny, glazed look to it. A thin spray of Matt Varnish would help. The biggest mistake people make with washes is they just slap on a huge paint brush load, move it around a little and call it done.

If you take a little bit more time, I know I know :), thin it down a little bit, with some medium or water, apply a layer, use your brush you soak up the areas that are pooling too much and use your brush to clean off the flat surfaces, I promise you will be happier with the results. It takes no more skill just a little bit more time.

Then you go back if it's not dark enough with a second layer, and maybe this time only hit the major shadowed areas. BOOM now you have multiple layers of shadows and darkness and it requires no more skill, just a little bit more time. Hell you can use a hair dryer if you don't want to wait :) 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Impa said:

I think we need to include a bloodthirster in every army. I play against stormcast and evocators are the most overpowered thing I have to face every time. Having 10 to 15 drop and charge into whatever the player wants with 3/3 doing 2 damage per model then 2 dice per model in unit doing mortal wounds on a 4+ To any unit he chooses within 3”. A block of 10 evocators can smash anything it seems. The only tool I had to put a dent in them was my bloodthirster and slaughterpriest casting blood boil. Anything they charge with a full unit just crumbles.. This was pre the new battle tome using gorepilgrims, 3 priests, WoKBT, stoker, 30 bloodletters, 20 blood warriors, 10 reavers, 5 wrathmongers I believe was my army. Hammers of Sigmar sequidors are such a pain. All my blood warriors. Reavers. Mongers and bloodletters eventually fell to two 10 man units and his heroes using support and whatever buffs, while I was holding objectives. He can just change stances at the beginning of every combat phase. They can re roll failed defensive rolls with Certain buffs. I had so many wounds go through with my fully buffed blood letters and bloodwarriors. And with all those defensive rolls I couldn’t kill anymore than one or two models at a time. And when I killed off a unit he just brought it back with his hammers of Sigmar ability. My bloodthirster, priests and secrator eventually fell while fighting the evocators. I had a blood warrior screen that got obliterated by mortal wounds. He could roll 20 dice after his initial attacks doing MW on a 4+. It’s just devastating... It was a tight game and I lost by 2 command points. But I had essentially nothing left by the end of the game. One lonely bloodthirster I summoned to hold an an objective. But he held the board at that point. Bloodreavers are like papermache. He never put any of his hero’s against my mongers. So they just buffed his units aswell as mine. And I couldn’t get them into the fray because I had so many other units in their way... So yeah I don’t see how with the new battle tome we gained anything to even deal with these kinds of high defensive units like sequidors. The sheer amount of attacks from evocators. The only thing I can see that will be “meta” is straight up tyrants of blood with 3 bloodthirsters and the slaughterhost with halo of blood or reapers vengeance allowing your bloodthirsters to attack first and using command points with leave none alive to pile in and attack twice. The judgements are cool and I’m going to try them out. But I don’t see what other tool we have to do straight up damage besides the bloodthirsters. Skarbrand could do some amazing things. Bloodwarriors with the gorefists are pretty sweet now. The wrathmongers are essentially mini bloodsecrators. The reapers seem decent but don’t compare to evocators at all.. I don’t get why they just shifted the paradigm of power. Now we’re just praying to Khorne to win our battles for us I guess. Instead of straight up fighting to the last breath in mortal combat hand to hand with worthy foes. I guess we will just have a lot of trial and error. 

It's been mention but there is some serious power in a Goretide Chaos Lord on Manticore:

250 points: 

(Dimensonal Blade)

4 Attacks 3+ 3+ -3 Rend d3 +1 dmg or Fail at 6 Attacks 3+ 3+ -3 Rend 2 Dmg

3 Attacks 3+ 3+ -1 Rend 4 Dmg! (on charge)

5 Jaws 4+ 2+ -1 1 Dmg (possibly rerolling hits)

D6  4+ 4+ 1 Dmg

He is no joke. How many heros at 250 have the possibility of two different attacks doing 4dmg?  I think for 250 points, in Goretide, this is your beatstick.  He is pretty easy to kill,  but the good thing is Mortal Blade has a lot of chaff and also a ton of supporting heros to help him out.

18 hours ago, kahadin said:

So a long time ago I discovered a 40 man unit of marauders is pretty tanky and cheap if you could make it immune to BS. I used to do this with a warshrine and devote them to slaanesh. It could have been easily done with the old Bloodsecrator (So I'm not sure why I never bothered to try it), but it can currently work with an exalted deathbringer.

I'm trying to review options, but this should be a line that would be hard to eat through. Its 40 wounds at 5+ for 200 points. It also has a big footprint. They could hold an objective, or just tarpit a unit to get hammered. IIRC there is nothing more point efficient than them if they are immune to BS.

They are still the go to I think. Backed by a Warshrine they are a resilient tar pit that can actually pump out reliable attacks.

No need for the Exalted DB. Just have a character babysit them, Secretor maybe to buff the attacks. Whether you use the Ex. DB&s Command Ability or the generic “no battleshock” you are using only one command point.

Also, since we can’t double up on Blessings, Brazen Fury would be nice on the Shrine, then you don’t have to worry about using a command point if you don’t have to.

4 hours ago, Battlefury said:

A few month ago, there was someone complaining, that Khorne plays like "Little Khorny Chaos Wonderland", because our movement, positioning and buffs do always have to go through and be straight on point.

He was absolutely right, and not only that!
It seems, that it went much worse, as we now have the "...wholy within..." rules set to our army.

I am afraid, that we can not stay competetive without the Tyrants battalion and the Skullcrushers anymore.
That would bring us straight back to the point, the old book was after it got errata hammered and we had like 2 Battalions left, that could compete with the other factions.

I'm curious, how many games with the new book have you played so far?

3 hours ago, KhorneySteve said:

Thoughts? 

You 100% get as many Carnage rolls as Skarbrand has attacks with the weapon. The normal attack sequence is clearly defined in the core rules on pg 232, under Making Attacks. If Carnage has 3 attacks, this means you roll 3 dice to see if Total Carnage triggers, not 1.

1 hour ago, ChaosUndivided said:

You need to be wholly within 8" of both Hexgorger Skulls. Wholly within as defined by the Designer's Commentary:

Q: Sometimes a rule will specify that a model or unit needs to be ‘wholly within’ a certain distance. What exactly does ‘wholly within’ mean?

A: A model is wholly within a certain distance if every part of its base is within the stated distance. A unit is wholly within a certain distance if every part of the bases of all of the models in the unit is within the stated distance.

For example, a model would be wholly within 12" of the edge of the battlefield as long as every part of its base was 12" or less from the edge, while a unit would be wholly within 12" of the edge of the battlefield as long as every part of every base of the models from the unit were 12" or less from the edge.

29 minutes ago, Kaz said:

To do a dirt effect you're better off doing a series of drybrushes over Agrax Earthshade. Agrax will make the model look like dirty water has dried on the area. I do mud with the following:

- Drybrush Mournfang Brown
- Drybrush Ushabti Bone

I suggest you try this out on a discrete area first as the Mournfang Brown layer is pretty subtle over red at first, the Ushabti Bone is what will make it pop since it's such a bright bone color and it's done to emphasis contrast. If you don't want that contrast, you can sub out Ushabti Bone for Balor Brown.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ravinsild said:

Do we have any actual hammers left? I was playing against Ironjawz and my Skullreapers in Skulltake in the Skullfiend Tribe straight up could not kill a Maw-Krusha. 2 units of Brutes and a Maw-Krusha killed my 10 Skullreapers and 5 Wrathmongers... 

After 2 turns I had my 10 Skullreapers, 1 out of 2 Khorgoraths, 5 Wrathmongers, 8 Blood Warriors and my Mighty Lord of Khorne dead.  

I had 30 Bloodreavers, 2 Slaughterpriests, 1 Bloodstoker, 1 Aspiring Deathbringer, 1 Bloodsecrator and 2 Blood Warriors left.  

I had killed 7 Brutes and a Maw-Krusha. 

They had roughly 8ish Brutes left, 2 Warchanters and a Weirdknob left. 

Ironjawz are basically a trash tier army at this point aren’t they? If I’m struggling this much (I could have done some things differently for sure, but I mean...) against a truly low tier army what hope can I have against anything remotely competant like Skaven, FEC, DoK, IDK.... 

I think IR bloodthirstier is our way to go anvil nowadays

• Like 1