Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

This may sound a bit stupid, but what if a Sequitor-Prime is not the same as a Sequitor? If this is the case, then the unit GW showed off of Sequitors is perfectly legitimate.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I just spotted something interesting on the store...

SCBattletomeLeaving.PNG

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Enoby said:

That could be it. That said, the number of depravity points gotten in AoS 1.5 games seems very volatile (getting anywhere between 8 and 28 even with 6 heroes), so I feel 12 might be a bit much to summon a standard unit (then again, maybe you can summon a herald with 6 points). Obviously we don't know enough to say (they could be much easier to get than assumed, or harder), but they seem pretty difficult to get because heroes die so easily and it's difficult to prevent that.

You play it that if the heroes die you don’t  get points for the first x amount of wounds that don’t kill it, right? 

It’s gues work of course. But I think if those wounds also count the amount of points you can earn becomes more stable. Also it’s how I interpreted the blurb anyway. But we’ll see!

12 hours ago, AdamJ said:

Has anyone seen or heard anything about the new White Dwarf? Isn’t it due out on the 8th? I often get it delivered a couple of days early but nothing has arrived yet. I wonder if they’ll be any free gifts to tie in with the launch of AoS 2nd ed.

There was a post on the White Dwarf Facebook page on Tuesday saying that they'd just been shipped, so we ought to be getting them today/tomorrow.  No prices for any of the AoS bits in the magazine though - we'll need to wait until the 16th (or a local store leaks it)

40 minutes ago, Kramer said:

You play it that if the heroes die you don’t  get points for the first x amount of wounds that don’t kill it, right? 

It’s gues work of course. But I think if those wounds also count the amount of points you can earn becomes more stable. Also it’s how I interpreted the blurb anyway. But we’ll see!

The rules we used were:

- you gain points based off the amount of damage done to an opponent's hero at the end of the turn by one of your heroes, so long as the opponent's hero is still alive (e.g. a daemon prince does 5 damage to Settra, you get 5 points, but 9 damage would have been 0 points because Settra would be dead) 

- you gain points based off the amount of damage done to your heroes at the end of the turn that does not kill them. We were unsure whether it had to be from the opponent's heroes, but it didn't matter much for this game because it turned into a bit of a slap fight between a royal war sphynx, Settra, and a Tomb King on chariot, and two keepers of secrets backed by a daemon prince. They were all unusually difficult to finish off, so I think I got well above the average DP in this game. I'd say about 8 wounds came from non-hero sources 

59 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

In 40k you can't use the same strategem more then once per phase, I could see them saying you can't use the same once twice in a phase to stop people piling in and attacking twice three times in one turn.

Two or more instances of being able to "pile in and attack twice, instead of only once" wouldn't do anything though.

You've already done it twice. If it said "an additional time" then you could, but twice instead of once on the same unit very specifically and exactly excludes three or more times.

2 hours ago, Nugger ****** said:

This may sound a bit stupid, but what if a Sequitor-Prime is not the same as a Sequitor? If this is the case, then the unit GW showed off of Sequitors is perfectly legitimate.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I just spotted something interesting on the store...

SCBattletomeLeaving.PNG

It makes sense, that the book is 'last chance to buy' if they will make a new book where the new Chamber, and perhaps the Warscrolls for Lord Ordinator, Vandus Hammerhand, Gavriel Sureheart and Neave Blacktalon, are included.

37 minutes ago, stratigo said:

I wish they were more explicit in a whole "Yeah, new rulebook soon, only buy for posterity". I have been burned by that before.

In the End, it makes sence for Stormcast if a new Battletome is planned in near future and for the Generals Handbook, too.

The only point that is a little strange to me is the Age of Sigmar Book (the first book that started the Realmgate Wars).

It was never mentioned as a book of the Realmgate Wars and the rules inside are pretty much outdated but the lore inside is the start of the stories for Aqshy, Chamon and Ghyran that were continued in Quest for Ghal Maraz (or were all the stories in the novels, too).

25 minutes ago, Infeston said:

New Stormcast is up!

They talk about Faction Focus:Gutbusters. Have I missed the focus? Or are they talking about a focus which isn't even out yet? ? Or maybe we get a Faction Focus: Gutbusters today? ? 

For some reason they always seem to put the Stormcast up just before the Faction Focus, even though the Stormcast regularly talks about it. It's happened at least twice now. So yeah that's basically 100% confirmation it'll be Gutbusters today. 

Seems like they are keeping FEC from snowballing out of hand through an errata... Sounds ok. I do wonder how many times they'll have to reword warscrolls for other factions as well with AoS2 being here (and if they'll update said warscrolls in the app).

33 minutes ago, Chikout said:

A couple of interesting bits of summoning info from the podcast. FEC units can't go above their original size and summoning armies have had point changes to reflect their new abilities.

Really hoping they don't gimp the rest of my Seraphon because the Slann can summon units for free...

6 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Let me guess:

Butchers are strong for wizards and now ever better thanks to lookout sir.

Spam command points with a tyrant to make your whole army immune to battleshock early.

Some loose tie to a realm specific spell or artifact

Points drops

Bring along your maneater or firebellies allies for even more fun.

24 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Really hoping they don't gimp the rest of my Seraphon because the Slann can summon units for free...

It'll be bad.  You can look at Maggotkin versus GHB17 and see the across the board increases.  Beasts of Nurgle, for example, are part of the Menagerie battalion which increases summoning.  Their points jumped from 60 to 100.

12 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Let me guess:

Butchers are strong for wizards and now ever better thanks to lookout sir.

Spam command points with a tyrant to make your whole army immune to battleshock early.

Some loose tie to a realm specific spell or artifact

Points drops

Bring along your maneater or firebellies allies for even more fun.

Ding Ding Ding - come on down we have a winner!

So what potential faction focuses do we have left? It seems like they're only doing factions or groups of factions that can be fielded as an army, so that leaves out the allies only stub factions(many are getting mentioned in other faction focuses). Of the "legal" factions that haven''t had faction focus or been in a rollup one(like grots and beasts of chaos) we have:

Wanderers

Devoted of Sigmar

Darkling Covens

Order Serpentis

Order Draconis

Eldritch Council

Phoenix Temple

Scourge Privateers

GreenSkinz

Soulblight(there was LoN focus, but they still retained independent allegiance stuff in the book, so I'm counting them as separate, but not other death sub faction like Deathrattle)

I think we might see the elves other than wanderers get a grots like single focus and I could definitely see a individual focus for Wanderers, Greenskinz and Soulblight.

Archived