Your Model Wishlist for 3.0

What I generally want to see for 3.0 is mainly the expanding and refreshment of existing armies. Be prepared for lots of text! 😀

Skaven and Seraphon are two given factions with old models that has the potential to look epic with new and modern sculpts. Who doesn't love sentient lizard-people riding dinosaurs as a concept? Ive been so close to backing projects on kickstarter that had this theme!

Skaven with their madcap science, ninja assassins and total disregard for each other would also be hard to resist!

Dwarves (in general) are another bunch that sorely needs some support. Fireslayers badly needs their range to be more diverse in compostion, some melee focused Kharadron has good potential. Especially after seeing the chap in Cursed City, adding that coat to the Kharadron aesthetic was a real nice visual contrast to metal suit.

In relation to the dwarves adding fresh/new kits to Cities of Sigmar would be cool to. Actually mixing humans, dwarves and aelves in the same kits has quite the potential, not to mention go wild on the sub factions within this encompassing faction!

For our overlords the stormcast eternals I think the only concept I have been excited to hear or come up with so far is monstrous stormcasts. As that would produce kits that actually would differ radically from the existing kits in the faction, while still aesthetically fit in.

For chaos in general I´m interested in more from the Slaves to Darkness and Beasts of Chaos. I liked the new kits Slaves got last year and I would like more in that vein. For Beasts of Chaos they sure have lots of potential with everything that they can get inspiration from but I´m not feeling anything from their current kits. Which is strange as I really like the lore and the Minotaur approach in making domesticated species into terrifying monsters that haunts the wild.

Flesh-eater Courts would in my mind be benefited from actually visually hinting at their delusions. As it is they visually are ghouls that differ in size and well mutation is the word I think fits the best. I would like that those thinking they are noble knights should actually wield crappy weapons they have found that matches their delusion, same for armour and other details. Now this shouldn't overtake their ghoul aesthetic rather give some nice visual contrast to it.

As an example with going into the knightly and royal/noble delusion having the noble/royals actually wearing crowns, relics and caps in the Flesh-eater Courts fashion would look fantastic. As would a master of the royal/noble hounds, a "noble" ghoul leading/directing/commanding a pack of "feral" ghouls. Or for that manner imagine "knightly" ghouls riding on "monstrous" ghouls as a cavalry unit. This has epic possibilities!

Now last but certainly not the least comes my favourite Grand Alliance;

Destruction! 😈

For Gitz an expansion and refreshment to the Spiderfang sub faction like the Moonclan got would be great! New spider riders, medium sized spider monsters and mutated gitz into weird spider hybrids would be awesome. Just imagine this sub faction being led by these mutated gitz due to their increased size, lethality and having a wee bit more brains then their "lesser" kin. 😀

When it comes to the Ogor faction they are actually quite solid, aside from the Frost Sabres, Yhetees and all that Finecast. Replace the finecast kits with new dynamic ones and give us actually good looking miniatures of the other two and most people would be happy. Now as this is whishlisting I would want more then that; going further into the Everwinter theme, the Firebellies, gnoblars or even something tied to the new ogor in Cursed City! There is so much that can be done here!

For our friends the brilliant troggoths an expansion into different types of them as swamp, desert, forest, lava or others would be brilliant. Or for that manner work with what exists in the lore and in miniature form already.

The Sons of Behemat would benefit with more options, much as the Knigts of 40k did when they got the those 2 new kits. This is the destruction faction I´m the least into but they sure do have tremendous potential and the Mega-Gargant kit is gorgeous.

I have been saving the best for last, my favourites the Orruks! In true wishlist fashion I will go totally nuts here! Firstly I would instantly break apart Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz into two different factions again. This to mainly give them lots of room to grow further into their aspects. Of course an option would be to keep them in a single tome and instead tie them together thematically and visually by a third orruk faction consisting of more basic orruks that has visual clues from the two other factions mixed with their own.

• For Ironjawz I would replace the Ardboys kit with a new one that visually would be a mix of the Ironjawz and normal orruks visually. Thematically these would be the chaff of the factions with decent damage and bad/okay survivability. Deadly in numbers but not much staying power.
  • Then I would introduce a mob of bosses that would be somewhere in size between brutes and the megaboss. Either build them as armoured up to their teeth and make them real hard to shift/beat or build them as wielding the most impressive orruk weaponry possible and have them be whirlwinds of death!
  • I would like for the Gore-Grunta kit to be replaced with a kit that actually emotes speed, brutality and mad riding stunts from the orruks. Not that this would happen due to the newness of the kit. A boss or megaboss miniature on a gore-grunta would be great to though!
  • An idea I really like is that a mob of Brutes would go out in the wilds to find a juvenile Maw-Krusha and try to beat it into submission. Of course some of them would be eaten in the progress but just imagine a smaller Maw-Krusha (50-75% of the size of the current Maw-Krusha) running full tilt with one Brute fruitlessly trying to steer this monster, another hanging off one side of the beast while trying to bash in somebody's skull and a third standing on the top gleefully throwing javelin-like spears at anything in the vicinity that dares to be seen. Both the orruks and the Maw-Krusha would have a joyous time! 😍

For Bonesplitterz I would want two things;

1. A refreshment of the existing range. The newly announced Underworlds Warband would be a great basis for it.
    • The only actual change I would like is a change in what mounts they would use. Lets the Ironjawz have the pre-historic hogs and pair the monster hunters with a mount that also is a hunter. My suggestion would be Terror birds as they would fit the theme, contrast with the orruks due to the feathers, they are awesome and that they would be different from all other mounts in use in Age of Sigmar currently.
  2. An expansion to the range.
    • Bonesplitterz riding wyverns would be cool, that could be something for heroes/leaders to differ them from the Terror birds but also a nice throwback to old school orks in the Old World.
    • Something actually fitting their insane gimmick like some Bonesplitterz gathering up the feathers of great flying beasts/monsters and then fashioning crude wings from them. This due to them thinking this would enable them to fly and in true orruk fashion this would enable them to sort of to just that. Imagine a swift moving infantry unit that can jump long distances and then attacks with the claws of monsters they have collected.

I think this is what I can think of at the moment. Give me more time and I´m sure I can come back with more...or for that matter with more detail! 😅

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sapca said:

Carmine Dragon is now 400 points and fits every Order army.

Executioners also get DoK keyword now that Morathi is kinda Khaine. 

Stormcast get 6+ FNP or MW shrug if painted black by default.

Would they then also put Elspeth on Dragon back in the FW store?

I would love to see Chaos Dwarfs for AoS.  I think GW could do some cool stuff with the Dwarfs, bull centaurs and hobgoblins. 

Plus lots of terribly destructive engines of war, battle golems, etc.

Plus...maybe actual female Dwarfs for once? 🤯

For armies I own, as much as I love my SCE we really don't need anything.  At best they could add some female sculpts for the Warrior and Vanguard chambers.

Bonesplitters I would love a plastic Rogue Idol, arrer boys on boars, and as others have suggested, a boss on a wyvern.

Daughters are in a good spot. Except for a result of the warlock rider dudes, I am happy with them.

(I do like the slightly more armoured look they got in the WHU warband, of course.)

Death I am just getting back into due to Soulblight. For FEC I find the basic ghouls a little naff so I would like to see an updated sculpt of them. They are a little too titchy and hunched over for my liking.

Someone up the thread suggested giving FEC scraps of armour or crude weapons that they see as their bright and shiny gear.  I agree that this would be cool

• Like 2

I'd like to see some new Duardin, I really don't have much interest in playing them but a properly supported Legion of Azgorh would be awesome, Fyreslayers could do with an update with a bit more ambition and hopefully they can up with something creative and interesting to bring some more duardin to the mortal realms.

I'd like to see more mid sized heroes. It feels a bit like heroes either come on foot or on massive monsters. Would be cool to see things like a Megaboss on Gore-Grunta, Sorceress on Pegasus, Freeguild General on Horse, maybe an Akhelian on an Eel.

As for the armies I play:

Stormcast: As others have said they don't really need new models they kind of just need the ones they have to be not rubbish. That said, Stormcast Lightning Dreadnought type guys would be very cool.

Nighthaunt: A plastic version of or alternative to the Mourngul, better, more stylistically appropriate Hexwraiths.

Sylvaneth: New Dryad models, some revenants with bows, a Kurnoth Hunter (named) hero, after that, maybe some stranger forest creatures and spirits.

FEC: Just need a rehash of what they have. Ghouls need new models, as does the Varghulf. Would like to see dedicated kits for Infernal/Haunter Courtier at least. As for newer stuff, maybe some Flesh Hound level units,

GSG: More and bigger squigs, including plastic updates for the Collosal Squigg and Squig Gobba. Also a Shaman on Giant Cave Squig so I don't feel obliged to drag a long a Fungoid in my all squig list.

DoK: A Khinerai hero and a Melusai Brute (a roided out Melusai, twice the size of the normal girls, heavily armed/armored monster, probably focused in defense to not tread much on the toes of the rest of the army.

Edited by mojojojo101
  • Like 4

On 3/6/2021 at 7:57 PM, Wobbly said:

I think this is what I can think of at the moment. Give me more time and I´m sure I can come back with more...or for that matter with more detail! 😅

There's been no lack of good suggestions in this thread but this had me nodding and going 'yes, keep em coming' with every point, kudos.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

forgot to say, after seeing Glutos, I am hoping Kurnothi also get the Elven Attack Chariot back.  

Oh what would you like it to be drawn by? Stags? Perhaps Moose?

On 3/9/2021 at 5:12 PM, mojojojo101 said:

I'd like to see some new Duardin, I really don't have much interest in playing them but a properly supported Legion of Azgorh would be awesome, Fyreslayers could do with an update with a bit more ambition and hopefully they can up with something creative and interesting to bring some more duardin to the mortal realms.

I'd like to see more mid sized heroes. It feels a bit like heroes either come on foot or on massive monsters. Would be cool to see things like a Megaboss on Gore-Grunta, Sorceress on Pegasus, Freeguild General on Horse, maybe an Akhelian on an Eel.

As for the armies I play:

Stormcast: As others have said they don't really need new models they kind of just need the ones they have to be not rubbish. That said, Stormcast Lightning Dreadnought type guys would be very cool.

Nighthaunt: A plastic version of or alternative to the Mourngul, better, more stylistically appropriate Hexwraiths.

Sylvaneth: New Dryad models, some revenants with bows, a Kurnoth Hunter (named) hero, after that, maybe some stranger forest creatures and spirits.

FEC: Just need a rehash of what they have. Ghouls need new models, as does the Varghulf. Would like to see dedicated kits for Infernal/Haunter Courtier at least. As for newer stuff, maybe some Flesh Hound level units,

GSG: More and bigger squigs, including plastic updates for the Collosal Squigg and Squig Gobba. Also a Shaman on Giant Cave Squig so I don't feel obliged to drag a long a Fungoid in my all squig list.

DoK: A Khinerai hero and a Melusai Brute (a roided out Melusai, twice the size of the normal girls, heavily armed/armored monster, probably focused in defense to not tread much on the toes of the rest of the army.

The more Squigs the better!! I'd love to see what they could do with a Plastic Colossal Squig. Just a giant ball of teeth and anger!!

On 3/9/2021 at 2:25 PM, Souleater said:

I would love to see Chaos Dwarfs for AoS.  I think GW could do some cool stuff with the Dwarfs, bull centaurs and hobgoblins. 

Plus lots of terribly destructive engines of war, battle golems, etc.

Plus...maybe actual female Dwarfs for once? 🤯

For armies I own, as much as I love my SCE we really don't need anything.  At best they could add some female sculpts for the Warrior and Vanguard chambers.

Bonesplitters I would love a plastic Rogue Idol, arrer boys on boars, and as others have suggested, a boss on a wyvern.

Daughters are in a good spot. Except for a result of the warlock rider dudes, I am happy with them.

(I do like the slightly more armoured look they got in the WHU warband, of course.)

Death I am just getting back into due to Soulblight. For FEC I find the basic ghouls a little naff so I would like to see an updated sculpt of them. They are a little too titchy and hunched over for my liking.

Someone up the thread suggested giving FEC scraps of armour or crude weapons that they see as their bright and shiny gear.  I agree that this would be cool

I would love if Grungnis new Duardin force was all female Duardin Valkyries.

On 3/7/2021 at 7:51 AM, Fellman said:

A Female sage / prest / mage of behmat megagargant in the size between mancrushcer and megagargent 

Anything Gargant I'm all over. Give me Gargant furniture as a terrain piece and I'm there.

But a Priest/Shaman Gargant being a female is almost too perfect. Shes above simply smashing and has mastered the Arcane arts but will still stomp when she must.

On 3/6/2021 at 10:50 PM, Televiper11 said:

Please a new Butcher/Slaughtermaster kit for Ogors.

Please new Centigors for BoC.

Yes. The Butcher and Slaughtermaster are both incredibly ugly kits and not for good reasons. A good chunk of Mawtribes could do with updates; Butcher, Slaughtermaster, Icebrow Hunter, Frost Sabres, Yehtees, Gorgers and a few new Maneaters.

• Like 1

KO, Fyre, and Deepkin all need a huge mega update with a huge new amount of models. Lizardmen to have a huge revamp. 

New armies. 
- An insect race

- Fishmen

- A faction of ordered not dumb giants that are still orderly and have a kingdom or something. Who doesn't want to collect an army of gigantic heavily armored storm giants throwing lighting bolts? 

- New destruction god to have more variety in releases that fishmen and bugmen follow 

- Sky Grots

- Iron Golem  attornach Dwarves 

- Ironjaws big time need another massive update 

Edited by Barkanaut

Now for factions I have and want expansions on some ideas. 

KO:  Big Daddy from Bioshock mech, a stealth KO ship, elite melee troops, a new named pirate character from Barak-Mhornar, a mad scientist character, and a new big torpedo ironclad ship, a flying steam mech that looks like the one from bioshock columbia, and a small and fast interceptor sky craft.  A mega ship even bigger than ironclads lol oh and a dedicated transport ship that isn't meant for combat but is cheap. 

Deepkin: Giant battle killer whale seriously these things are OP IRL they can spin in the water to do an area of affect attack with their tails, they can jump, and even troll humans they are one of the most over powered creatures in the ocean so I don't know how they wouldn't be a great candidate to AoS ify add in a sonar pulse attack for maximum OP> 
Want to also know whats scary? The rainbow shrimp it has a claw that can compress so fast and hard it shoots with the force of a real life 22. bullet now that is totally something the IDK would want in their army and it looks fab on top of all that. 
Giant whale transport 
Giant squid cav with riders. Assassin hero who has an assassin hero giant octopus. 

Gloomspite Gits: I want their basic infantry update badly after that we got a stew going. I want a megapede unit being ridden by gobbos as a big shock unit and a variant to make a transport. After that spiders spiders and more spiders. With that any and all sorts of goofy units oh I want to see spore cavalry what is it? Who knows but the gobin know wots tinkering on the spore cav. 

Ogres: I want to see the beastclaw raiders get expanded on in the ogres tomb. I want to see a frost "roc" which is a mythical giant flying bird but this one can shoot ice from its mouth. One is a wild animal and one should have a named character/leader  I want them to get mammoth giant unit as well. I also want to see ice golems brought to life by the cold. Sabertooth cav remade to look more AoS and new modernized as it looks dated. I want to see new armored ogres in bones that are an elite melee troop for them as well. The biggest and baddest new unit would be an "ancient wedigo spirit" brought to life by the hunger of their gods this would be a very powerful and evil entity an an elite style monster of hunger and frozen death.  We need a new frost shaman hero and a new named character who is the best of that cast. 

Seraphon revamp: They need a Necrons style and sized revamp from the ground up as their lore is cool but their models are so ancient and dated especially when I see what KS folks are doing. New units a quetzacotle style dragon is an absolute must. I also want to see the Seraphon adopt some technologies like gunpowder and a bit more armor remember this isn't the same old Seraphon's they survived the first war and learned and adapted to the new technologies of the time. Not too much of this though just a few units to show they've adapted to the modern style of fighting. 

Fyreslayers: I know they are supposed to be not-armored but what  about an extremely elite unit or even a hero completely decked out in armor made form the dust lol how OP would that be? Now this armor is so expensive it could never be mass produced and is only for the elite of the elite. They need a fire wurm wtf is a wurm? It's sort of like a quateicotle looking dragon but from olde European myth. However there is nothing truly special about them they are more animal than dragon. This fyre wyrm would be so cool. After that we need them to construct lava golums. I think they should have an elite infantry a hybrid melee/skirmisher that can be used in both melee and ranged decently that throw lava tipped javelins. Also cute ash and lava dogs that can form big packs to support them in battle. 

Ironjaws: 
These need an Necron style revamp and model release of almost everything from more infantry types, to more monsters, and more everything. My post would be too long listening everything so I'll go with the most needed. A non-elite cheap infantry option, ranged units, siege units, a giant stompy and angry wolverine what could be more orky than wolverines and honey badgers lol? After that packs of flying and angsty birds that follow them into battle. 

Edited by Barkanaut
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

I think I'll be frequenting this thread with every new idea that comes to mind. But for Now I'll post this.

Idoneth Deepkin: 

Namartii Hoplites, defensive infantry with long pikes, shields and helmets that cover their entire face (they don't need eyes to see).

Promethean War beast, Giant hermit crab with a specially built shell howdah equiped with all kinds of weapons.

Embailor Beast Master hero unit, buffs monsters and mounts.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SeanMaguire1991 said:

I think I'll be frequenting this thread with every new idea that comes to mind. But for Now I'll post this.

Idoneth Deepkin: 

Namartii Hoplites, defensive infantry with long pikes, shields and helmets that cover their entire face (they don't need eyes to see).

Promethean War beast, Giant hermit crab with a specially built shell howdah equiped with all kinds of weapons.

Embailor Beast Master hero unit, buffs monsters and mounts.

Keep commenting mate I love these ideas!!

2nd waves for Fyreslayers and Ironjawz

Update to plastic for entire skaven range...actually the removal of finecast and updates for plastic for everything

New models for Beasts of Chaos

New models for Seraphon

A release of mortals of Tzeentch in the same manner Hedonites got

Im sure there is more ill come up with later lol

• Like 2

On 3/11/2021 at 11:48 PM, KingBrodd said:

Oh what would you like it to be drawn by? Stags? Perhaps Moose?

The more Squigs the better!! I'd love to see what they could do with a Plastic Colossal Squig. Just a giant ball of teeth and anger!!

I would love if Grungnis new Duardin force was all female Duardin ?es.

Anything Gargant I'm all over. Give me Gargant furniture as a terrain piece and I'm there.

But a Priest/Shaman Gargant being a female is almost too perfect. Shes above simply smashing and has mastered the Arcane arts but will still stomp when she must.

- How about stag centaurs: they could do the bulk of the melee fighting while pulling around javelineers or some kind of chieftain (dual kit)

- plus batsquigs and stalagsquigs - molog's band was really fun ^^

- wouldn't they be Vulkhaya's instead? I think the "Valkyrie" should only be a subsection of units (like how the LRL have Vanari and temples). One you could field a complete force of, sure, but I'd also like to see a return of miners.

- gargant furniture is a cool terrain piece idea, like, imagine fighting around the mega-gargant's main course on a table, with a squiggoth with a massive apple in its mouth in its centre XD Proper jack and the beanstalk territory

- I do think we should have female gargants and mega-gargants, but only have the shaman option as a dual kit - I'm sure some a spoiling for a fight, especially if their husband hasn't done his chores. Actually, make that a triple kit option - third version could be throwing mega-gargant sized plates XD

8 hours ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

I'd love them to dial "wood elves" up to 11 by expanding the Kurnothi aelves with a big centre piece model.

Not sure whether it would be better to have them as their own faction or a glade of Sylvaneth.

I would have also said some sort of zombies, but the Gravelords were announced 😜

Orion would be a good candidate for a diorama style model (like karakros).

I'd rather they be merged with the sylvaneth, if only there's already too many order battletomes as it is; but they should still be fieldable as separate entities

8 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

KO, Fyre, and Deepkin all need a huge mega update with a huge new amount of models. Lizardmen to have a huge revamp. 

New armies. 
- An insect race

- Fishmen

- A faction of ordered not dumb giants that are still orderly and have a kingdom or something. Who doesn't want to collect an army of gigantic heavily armored storm giants throwing lighting bolts? 

- New destruction god to have more variety in releases that fishmen and bugmen follow 

- Sky Grots

- Iron Golem  attornach Dwarves 

- Ironjaws big time need another massive update 

- Order Storm giants sounds awesome - could we also have ice/fire giants for chaos and bone giants for death?

- I think chaos dwarves can take inspiration from the iron golems' one, but shouldn't be defined by him. I do wonder if it would be possible to have chaos dwarves with <chaos mark>/hashut as a keyword, as it might allow you to put together slaaneshi chaos dwarves like they were mentioned in the Hedonites battletome

Edited by DoctorPerils

10 hours ago, Malakithe said:

2nd waves for Fyreslayers and Ironjawz

Update to plastic for entire skaven range...actually the removal of finecast and updates for plastic for everything

New models for Beasts of Chaos

New models for Seraphon

A release of mortals of Tzeentch in the same manner Hedonites got

Im sure there is more ill come up with later lol

I really want Fyreslayers expanded. At least 3 new Troop options alongside a Warmachine and another Behemoth or Cavlary.

7 hours ago, DoctorPerils said:

- How about stag centaurs: they could do the bulk of the melee fighting while pulling around javelineers or some kind of chieftain (dual kit)

- plus batsquigs and stalagsquigs - molog's band was really fun ^^

- wouldn't they be Vulkhaya's instead? I think the "Valkyrie" should only be a subsection of units (like how the LRL have Vanari and temples). One you could field a complete force of, sure, but I'd also like to see a return of miners.

- gargant furniture is a cool terrain piece idea, like, imagine fighting around the mega-gargant's main course on a table, with a squiggoth with a massive apple in its mouth in its centre XD Proper jack and the beanstalk territory

- I do think we should have female gargants and mega-gargants, but only have the shaman option as a dual kit - I'm sure some a spoiling for a fight, especially if their husband hasn't done his chores. Actually, make that a triple kit option - third version could be throwing mega-gargant sized plates XD

Orion would be a good candidate for a diorama style model (like karakros).

I'd rather they be merged with the sylvaneth, if only there's already too many order battletomes as it is; but they should still be fieldable as separate entities

- Order Storm giants sounds awesome - could we also have ice/fire giants for chaos and bone giants for death?

- I think chaos dwarves can take inspiration from the iron golems' one, but shouldn't be defined by him. I do wonder if it would be possible to have chaos dwarves with <chaos mark>/hashut as a keyword, as it might allow you to put together slaaneshi chaos dwarves like they were mentioned in the Hedonites battletome

I'd be all over Gargant furniture!!

• Like 1

Some body diversity for Stormcast sounds like a great idea actually, i mean they already doubled their mortal size for some reason, why not have giant storm dreadnoughts, or more human sized versions or even more wild things like extra or extended limbs, centaurs and the like? 

New minis for every non stormcast or daemon army. Dont understand why stormcast and every daemon faction get TONS of new minis while every other faction get 0 new units. And 1 litle useless hero if they are lucky.

Old factions with tons of minis like sersphons. Skavens or cities NEED rework of actual minis, getting ride of finecrap first, not new units.

New factions need 2 new units, not litle heros. In order to flesh out rosters, rigth now most of army need to repeat same 2-4 units several times in order to get to 2k points.

We dont need 10 new armys every year when actual ones arent completed