Warhammer - The Old World

Gareth 🍄

1 hour ago, petitionercity said:

But we've seen the metal wyvern...

AtmAJrqv2zD9S1ja-665x467 (1).jpg

I would imagine that they’re comfortable using this older wyvern for promo shots one way or another.

Pretty sure that they’ve shown the old Bret battle standard bearer, which has also been replaced (in that there’s the new resin one).

16 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I would imagine that they’re comfortable using this older wyvern for promo shots one way or another.

Pretty sure that they’ve shown the old Bret battle standard bearer, which has also been replaced (in that there’s the new resin one).

We don't have all the MTO items released, so wouldn't surprise me if the old bearer is available for MTO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freypal said:

I kinda like the old metal wyvern and his characterful grinning face 😁

Not to mention those plastic dragon wings he uses were the thing for adding wings to miniatures when I first started the hobby; I remember the splash the LotR Balrog caused when there was a second set of excellent plastic wings in play!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sandlemad said:

nop,they haven showed the old models,they just didnt show any of the renewed models neither their old version before the release.

in fact we know that dwarfs are getting one new shielbearer.........you see any pic with the old metal alric(shieldbearer models)??? nop,he is magicaly missing in every single pic.

same happen in other armys as wood elfs where the forest dragon is missing in every single pic and is pretty obvious that the wood elfs gonna get a new forest dragon as their centerpiece in the new box.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Doko said:

nop,they haven showed the old models,they just didnt show any of the renewed models neither their old version before the release.

in fact we know that dwarfs are getting one new shielbearer.........you see any pic with the old metal alric(shieldbearer models)??? nop,he is magicaly missing in every single pic.

same happen in other armys as wood elfs where the forest dragon is missing in every single pic and is pretty obvious that the wood elfs gonna get a new forest dragon as their centerpiece in the new box.

I wonder what that means for beastmen. The only army to NOT get an army spread page with everyone else. Probably just forgot about us :/ (or copium they're planning a big release for 2nd edition Old world in 5 years T_T)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Interesting that the 'Warhammer Legends' was the original idea to reboot Fantasy. 

Shame we never saw Battle For Black Fire Pass before AoS.

How amazing and fitting would have been to read Rick Priestley's End Times. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Interesting that the 'Warhammer Legends' was the original idea to reboot Fantasy. 

Shame we never saw Battle For Black Fire Pass before AoS.

Possibly the 20th time I’ve written it on these forums. But my greatest Hobby sadness was how they just axed The Tamurkhan series and Black Fire pass. The models they had lined up were equisite. The Books were stunning. I don’t think I disliked anything about what the Warhammer Forge were up to back then….more so than now.

IMG_3374.webp

IMG_3375.jpeg

IMG_3376.jpeg

IMG_3377.jpeg

IMG_3378.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

26 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Possibly the 20th time I’ve written it on these forums. But my greatest Hobby sadness was how they just axed The Tamurkhan series and Black Fire pass. The models they had lined up were equisite. The Books were stunning. I don’t think I disliked anything about what the Warhammer Forge were up to back then….more so than now.

IMG_3374.webp

IMG_3375.jpeg

IMG_3376.jpeg

IMG_3377.jpeg

IMG_3378.jpeg

Hope that with GW pulling out a sculpt from 2008 they decide to give us the models that they had done for the THrones of Chaos series. I mean maybe they didn't have stuff prepared for all 4 books but book 2 and probably book 3 would have had some. Would be really cool to have them released alongside the Warriors of Chaos box, with their profiles in the Arcane Tome or something.

5 hours ago, Kronos said:

IMG_3374.webp

IMG_3375.jpeg

IMG_3376.jpeg

IMG_3377.jpeg

IMG_3378.jpeg

It would be criminal if they don't bring back some of those Forge World minis for TOW. That Dwarf Command set is just brilliant.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kronos said:

IMG_3374.webp

IMG_3375.jpeg

IMG_3376.jpeg

IMG_3377.jpeg

IMG_3378.jpeg

I bet we would see them back with TOW if we received 'that' Bretonnian hero.

• Haha 1