Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kronos

The Tithe - Speculation.

Recommended Posts

I've been saying on the FB groups for a while now, that I suspect this will be more about reanimants than about deathrattle... 

Especially seeing how the armor resembles that of the morghasts so much. 

It would also tie in a lot more with the end times releases for death: 
Nagash and his three mortarchs --> LoN
Spirit hosts --> complete nighthaunt/malignant rework
Morghasts --> complete reanimant rework. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new army seems to be so close to what Tomb Kings used to be, aka exotic skeleton army with ranged stuff like catapults and so on, that it seems a bit obvious that GWs aim here is to get all the Tomb King players on board without having to actually do Tomb Kings.
The new stuff looks great and everything but I'm a bit bummed. Hopefully they'll at least give us chariots and archer skeletons as well so we can do a proper counts-as army.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Panzer said:

The new army seems to be so close to what Tomb Kings used to be, aka exotic skeleton army with ranged stuff like catapults and so on, that it seems a bit obvious that GWs aim here is to get all the Tomb King players on board without having to actually do Tomb Kings.
The new stuff looks great and everything but I'm a bit bummed. Hopefully they'll at least give us chariots and archer skeletons as well so we can do a proper counts-as army.

Indeed. Just let me use my chariots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure they are skeletons even...  I'm looking at the video and these guys feel too "beefy" almost for skeletons (except ofc the mounts): 

That, and the armor being identical to the Morghasts, makes me lean more towards reanimants as opposed to skeletons. 

tithe 1.JPG

Tithe2.JPG

Tithe3.JPG

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This army is clearly based on Ghengis-Khan and the mongols as the biggest of the influences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but their armor is like that of a Samurai. I can see the mixture of different eastern influences here, and the Mongol theme really stands out. I am hoping for a Mongol ogre vs Japanese Skeleton battle box.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In general we can already see an armoured design that somehow reminds a bit of necron pariahs from 3rd ed or even to stormcasts. Also worth a mention: In the Faceshot we see an mumified face under the mask/the open lower part. Therefore the shown hero is no Deathrattle but maybe something new.

The asian/mongolian aesthetics could be fun to paint and build

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The first thought that came into my mind was that they collected the bones and reshape them into new arms and armor and probably dudes and mounts as well.   Similar to how Nagash makes bodies for himself in several of the black library stories like the tsunami of frozen corpses he used to create a body to defeat a chaos army. Totally magic necrons but no nano machines. 

Edited by Gorthor21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so glad that I have laid low since the Skaven release. Because this army is right up my alley 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Looks like animated statues to me.

pretty cool!

I had always wanted an all-construct TK army. Looks like this may be as close as I'll get. Excited!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Charleston said:

 

The asian/mongolian aesthetics could be fun to paint and build

Agreed, now show of hands whose doing them up like jade warriors?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if these guys are Nagash's take on Stormcast? He's ticked off at Sigmar stealing souls from the realm of death.

Those helmets have a bit of the SCE vibe to me.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It would seem that the army is a hodgepodge. The mounts in the art have different skeletal animal heads, some figures look statuesque and others more skeletal.  Also looks like some design is taken from the morghasts.

I for one welcome my new AoS-necron overlords

Edited by Mandzak-Miniatures
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

It would seem that the army is a hodgepodge. The mounts in the art have different skeletal animal heads, some figures look statuesque and others more skeletal.  Also looks like some design is taken from the morghasts.

I for one welcome my new AoS-necron overlords

Bit hard to be judging it off of still images in a trailer.  I am very curious to see the model reveal especially if we get some painted model shots.  The theme looks very interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks a bit Stormcasty  to me - plainish plate armour, similar death mask helmet, the way the chest/torso armour is seperate from the abs section. Combined with some of the design cues of the Morghasts. The Mortarch could be a long rumoured ‘Deathcast Eternal’ but he looks to be the only one.  The rest of the army has a more elite skellies sort of feel.

A398F62D-410D-4F1E-B7C6-6C7905C00983.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Percivael said:

Looks a bit Stormcasty  to me - plainish plate armour, similar death mask helmet, the way the chest/torso armour is seperate from the abs section. Combined with some of the design cues of the Morghasts. The Mortarch could be a long rumoured ‘Deathcast Eternal’ but he looks to be the only one.  The rest of the army has a more elite skellies sort of feel.

A398F62D-410D-4F1E-B7C6-6C7905C00983.jpeg

Inb4 it's Settrus. :P 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Souleater said:

I wonder if these guys are Nagash's take on Stormcast? He's ticked off at Sigmar stealing souls from the realm of death.

Those helmets have a bit of the SCE vibe to me.

Vampires/Soulblight seem more likely to be the Stormcast equivalent. Individually powerful, not as numerous as other forces, low-key knightly aesthetic, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thought this was funny. I'll show myself out.

image.png.073b81feaeb392957d86a7c8b81e1f97.png

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting a very polish winged hussar vibe from the Calvary, and I am interested to see what these guys actually are. Maybe they are the second coming of soulblight?

 

anyways, can't wait to know more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lore wise the Nighthaunt have been capturing Stormcast Souls since before the Necroquake so this could well be what Nagash has been using them for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...