The Rumour Thread

24 minutes ago, Overread said:

It's been strongly hinted at and GW might have said "brand new army" at some stage too. We know that there's at least two Aelf armies that are new to the game to be released. However we've no real deals on anything. 

We do know each Grand Alliance is getting content and we know that GW's current pace is darn fast! Heck with Fyreslayers on pre-order this weekend we could see Slaanesh on pre-order before the end of the month. 

It was certainly interesting to see a slaanesh related tease yesterday. It suggests that Slaanesh is not too far off. 

As for new armies GW releases seem to fall into 4 categories.  1- updated book with spells and scenery (fyreslayers) ,  2- updated book with some new minis (khorne,  Stormcast) 3- new book and minis expanded from existing faction (Dok, Ironjawz,  Slyvaneth, nighthaunt ) 4- All new faction (Deepkin) 

GW have launched one completely new faction for AoS each year since launch: 2015- stormcast, 2016- Fyreslayers, 2017- kharadron Overlords, 2018- Idoneth Deepkin 

In his interview on the stormcast podcast Pete Foley said that he wants to keep introducing completely new factions every few books throughout the lifespan of aos. Since he is the guy who makes the big decisions it is logical to assume that we will get at least one brand new faction this year. 

At this point it becomes guess work. My money is on a new death faction.

I think that the Aelves will be a 2020 release.  Having Aelves as the new faction two years in a row seems a bit much. Chaos is already getting a lot of love this year, and there are three destruction books needing updates before we worry about anything new for them. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PJetski said:

That battletome was written before the concept of Allies - it's a vestigial clause. 

Regrowth can be used on allies, but they will get no benefit.

It's a broad wording so it can cover all possibilities and leave no loopholes for exploit. 

After all the evidence given I think you are right. 👍🏻

But I still find that restriction unfitting from a lore and game play perspective 🤔 (perhaps a hint to AoS 3.0 where allies become more important?)

• Thanks 1

I think if we get a brand-new faction this year it'll be something we have no inkling of.

As a side note about Fyreslayers: now that the munchkins are 2 wounds each, does that mean we'll see a Vulkite minimum unit size drop? Is there precedent for minimum 10-man, 2-wound units? Anyone think this might mean less of a focus on hordes?

9 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I think if we get a brand-new faction this year it'll be something we have no inkling of.

As a side note about Fyreslayers: now that the munchkins are 2 wounds each, does that mean we'll see a Vulkite minimum unit size drop? Is there precedent for minimum 10-man, 2-wound units? Anyone think this might mean less of a focus on hordes?

Probably not 2 wound horde unit are not new in the game, savage orruks, tzaangors and ardboy are also 2 wounds each and are max size 30. 

With the meta so heavily involved in mortal wounds; the high damage units like Eels and Nagash; and the current battlefield setups, i don’t see hordes going away anytime soon.

Especially if you include that hordes are your best objective holders in the most map objective heavy game currently. The only way I would see this change is if the game brings more variety to objectives such as kill points, King of hill, steal the relic, etc. things that don’t require someone to camp a center objective and hope they have enough bodies to keep it the whole game. I know there are other maps but that is what it tends to boil down to for actual victory points in matched play. Just about everything else is just secondary objectives from tournaments that don’t impact the main gameplay.

I don't understand why the "all grand alliance will have new book" keeps going on over and over. 

With Gloomspite, Flesh eaters, Skaven and Fyreslayers , every alliance already have been served in 2019 so basically anything can happen.

I guess Sylvaneth and Ironjawz seems pretty obvious tough.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CommodoreCass said:

I don't understand why the "all grand alliance will have new book" keeps going on over and over. 

With Gloomspite, Flesh eaters, Skaven and Fyreslayers , every alliance already have been served in 2019 so basically anything can happen.

I guess Sylvaneth and Ironjawz seems pretty obvious tough.

they weren't clear if they meant from the Khorne release onward or taking the previous release into count

if you go by when they post the  banner at LVO then so far only chaos and order have gotten tomes

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

At this point it becomes guess work. My money is on a new death faction.

You don’t think our beloved Egyptian death rattle might come back🥴

4 hours ago, novakai said:

there is also been hints of Grotbag Scuttlers in the future especially from the KO and Gloomspite book

Would be fantastic.

although I’m not even sure what to trust in that book. It also mentions the existence of Gitmob grots, and since they have been more or less discontinued, I’m not sure what to believe.

who knows, I might be wrong with everything and the gitmob just might come back with a gigantic rerelease.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

As much as I do, I've resigned myself to the fact they're gone for good. But who knows we might see something just as cool rise up in their place, with the same sort of concept behind them just with a different skin.

27 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Would be fantastic.

although I’m not even sure what to trust in that book. It also mentions the existence of Gitmob grots, and since they have been more or less discontinued, I’m not sure what to believe.

who knows, I might be wrong with everything and the gitmob just might come back with a gigantic rerelease.

weirdly both Greenskinz and Gitmob are considered allies to Gloomspite despite them being totally gone right now, so I am not sure what up with that.

though it does look like GW are going to push Grotbag Scuttlers as the archnemesis of the KO with how much of their fluff is them fighting against the sky dwarfs

I would definitely put them up there along with Shadow and Light Aelves as possible new armies if not more so just because they actually have a name and a clear theme that GW have laid out.

my theory is that the New battle for eight peak is going to be like Battlefleet Gothic: Armada between the airship forces of KO, Grotbag scuttler, and Clan Skyre. That would be so dope

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

37 minutes ago, novakai said:

my theory is that the New battle for eight peak is going to be like Battlefleet Gothic: Armada between the airship forces of KO, Grotbag scuttler, and Clan Skyre. That would be so dope

Don't forget the flying sharks!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, novakai said:

though it does look like GW are going to push Grotbag Scuttlers as the archnemesis of the KO with how much of their fluff is them fighting against the sky dwarfs

I would definitely put them up there along with Shadow and Light Aelves as possible new armies if not more so just because they actually have a name and a clear theme that GW have laid out.

I need that...now!! NOW!!

AoS will anyway get a lot of love in 2019 and it's only April I think it's safe to say that we will get :

- Slaanesh Battletome 

- Darkoath Battletome which maybe expanded Everchosen or 100% new army but I think it could be combination of both. 

- Sylvaneth, Ironjawz updates

- Forbidden Powe expansion

- GHB 2019 

We could get much more updated books - BCR, Seraphon and KO and more new armies. If Darkoath, Slaanesh (and maybe Gutbusters) and updated BT are updated I think it could be Aelves not Death as Death got brand new army in Nighthaunt and I doubt they will get another "brand new army" 

7 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Darkoath Battletome which maybe expanded Everchosen or 100% new army but I think it could be combination of both. 

I'm a bit torn with this rumour now, as I'm thinking that Warcry is this and we won't see a battletome. I think we will see an update to use the Warbands in AOS but not sure it will be a full book.

50 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I'm a bit torn with this rumour now, as I'm thinking that Warcry is this and we won't see a battletome. I think we will see an update to use the Warbands in AOS but not sure it will be a full book.

I doubt it. Imo it will be more like Warcry releases and a couple of months later we’ll get a Darkoath release.

It has already happened with other armies in both AoS and 40k, getting a stand alone game with new minis from one faction and a little while after getting a full fledged book for said faction.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I rekon we will see one. But not till warcry is fully released. Like I think the tribes will all make up a dark oath army.

Edited by Riavan