The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, CaptainNippon said:

How long before we can expect news from LVO today?

18 hours from now if my time zone maths is correct. GW have been teasing 40k vigilus news. I think this will be the big focus of the event. I'm not expecting much for AoS. Maybe a teaser video for Darkoath with art and an underworlds warband. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Given the language they've been using (implying stuff usable by all factions), it seems pretty likely they'll be announcing some sort of new Endless Spell set at LVO. I think it'd make sense for it to be part of a new campaign box, kicking off the next phase of the Soul Wars. 

I'd expect a new generic one and several more updated tomes like they've done with Carrion. Because Tomes, spells and terrain are all China produced GW can bulk up on them more so by placing more orders without the same pressure on their own factories and expenses of moulds. So they can go to town pushing out those things and it updates the game at  a quicker pace. 

I'm expecting a fair bit of news for both games because, right now, they've released (or are releasing) everything they've previewed thus far. AoS has nothing on the preview window right now save for "Slaanesh sometime" 

Edited by Overread
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

What are the possibility of "do-over" battletomes? Where they go and rewrite, revise, etc some of the older books and AoS factions that haven't held up as well as newer factions. 

Quite likely in my opinion. I would say anything that has had a Battletome will be getting a updated one if they need it as well as some new models (very least Endless Spells). But wherever that will happen now or later, I'm not sure. I would guess we would see the Ironjaws, Fyreslayers and Seraphon before the next Generals Handbook though. This is because I suspect they have had additional rules and formations in the book but I think we will see the book become more a place to collect the White Dwarf articles alongside the other updates.

But I wouldn't count on it as GW seem not to be running out of steam with the releases and we may see a lot of other stuff before that happens! ;) 

16 minutes ago, Overread said:

And if you're in Ozland er - I dunno what time that would be early evening? 

In Oz the preview takes place at eleventy twelve, last June, about afternoon snack time.

Either that or my astrological chronander is horribly behind. I never should have trusted that weezily blue-skinned monk outside the gates of Excelsis who sold it to me but he gave me SUCH a good deal...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

In Oz the preview takes place at eleventy twelve, last June, about afternoon snack time.

Either that or my astrological chronander is horribly behind. I never should have trusted that weezily blue-skinned monk outside the gates of Excelsis who sold it to me but he gave me SUCH a good deal...

Hehe that’s some diskworld timekeeping right there! 🐢(by lack of seaturtle)

Regarding the LVO seminar, I think that for AOS we shouldn't set our hopes too high ; 

The way I'm seeing it, we should take the LVO seminar from last year for AOS and 40k, and reverse it. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

That would give us :

- For 40k, a full reveal for the Black Legion at Vigilus II, with just a tease for Abaddon at the end (because the countdown for him end in March, and because last year they just showed the tail of Morathi serpent body). So the main subject of the seminar. 

- For AOS, maybe 1-2 future one-week-only Battletome (with endless spells and scenery), maybe 1-2 WHU warbands reveals (Kharadron and Sylvaneth), and that's it. And mayyybe a little trailer for Slaves To Darkness (who I believe will come mid-2019, before Slaanesh at least).

But GW does not follow strict pattern (to say the least)... So maybe I'm completely wrong 😛 

P.-S.  ; I quite like this focus on Chaos Universal and Deamons going on now between 40k, the Horus Heresy and probably AOS with the Slaves To Darkness. Hope we'll get new plastic Furies and Be'lakor ❤️ 

51474539_10218202156155959_9221647238118244352_n.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I think they should release endless Spells for all factions and army specific Spells for recent Battletomes like Maggotkin,LoN,DoK and Deepkins as they wont get updated books anytime soon

I'm 100% sure that is GW's long term plan. It's more a question of when we get them rather than if. 

It's also true that they are likely to release terrain for every faction as well; again its a question of when rather than if. 

I think it will come along with generic endless spells as it makes sense to make some kind of event out of it. 

Terrain is a neat idea but there aren't many "new" armies without terrain - only DoK and KO rest of armies are due to rerelease like FEC with terrain so it makes sense to release endless spells for Nurgle, DoK, Deepkins and LoN

2 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

Given the language they've been using (implying stuff usable by all factions), it seems pretty likely they'll be announcing some sort of new Endless Spell set at LVO. I think it'd make sense for it to be part of a new campaign box, kicking off the next phase of the Soul Wars. 

I'll be so annoyed if it's another Stormcast box set...

4 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Kharadron, Fyre, Ironjaws all in dire need of help. 

Considering that KO were one game away from winning the biggest AoS tournament ever held (CanCon 2019) and only lost to the champion in the final, I don't they're too badly off.  They also won a GT in Japan a few months ago, so they're definitely not a bottom-tier faction like Slaves to Darkness, Everchosen, or Dispossessed.

I agree Ironjawz are not in a good place though.

26 minutes ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

I'll be so annoyed if it's another Stormcast box set...

Honestly looking at Stormcast its getting hard to work out what they can practically add to the faction. About the only thing I can think of them having more of are monstrous and warengine models. Troops and elites and heroes wise they are very well stocked for - if not overstocked to the point where they are tripping over each other. 

GW pushed them out hard to get them from nothing to something and its done great; they really need to just leave them alone now and only use marketing to push sales whilst improving other armies. I'd wager many SC players are still collecting and building their armies anyway so its not as if there' sa huge burning need for more models.

My impression is that whilst SC are Marines in Fantasy they are not marketing nor selling like marines; which is a good thing. I think AoS has retained that Old World fantasy edge in that there's a wider spread of factions doing well rather than one doing obscenely well. That's a healthier position for all parties. 

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Honestly looking at Stormcast its getting hard to work out what they can practically add to the faction. About the only thing I can think of them having more of are monstrous and warengine models. Troops and elites and heroes wise they are very well stocked for - if not overstocked to the point where they are tripping over each other. 

GW pushed them out hard to get them from nothing to something and its done great; they really need to just leave them alone now and only use marketing to push sales whilst improving other armies. I'd wager many SC players are still collecting and building their armies anyway so its not as if there' sa huge burning need for more models.

My impression is that whilst SC are Marines in Fantasy they are not marketing nor selling like marines; which is a good thing. I think AoS has retained that Old World fantasy edge in that there's a wider spread of factions doing well rather than one doing obscenely well. That's a healthier position for all parties. 

I think the obvious gaps in the Stormcast army right now are more warmachines (feels weird to have a hero specifically for buffing them, and then only have one of them you can use) and special characters for non-Hammers Of Sigmar Stormhosts.

Not saying they should get more stuff right now, obviously other armies are way more in need. And I don't think GW is likely to do any kind of release for them this year. 

I really want to see a character profile for Gardus from the Hallowed Knights and for Balthus from Anvils of the Heldenhammer.

That said, as a new player, I agree Stormcast don't need much. One more warmachine to go with the traditional Chambers would make sense. Maybe a few of the older units could use tweaks. But I'd like some breathing room to build and paint what I do have before feeling any rush to buy newer, shinier Stormcast. 

• LOVE IT! 1

I'm all for getting updates to the existing factions, but at this point the interesting question might well be what completely new direction they will go in next. So far there has been something brand new each year, so its hopefully only a matter of time before they announce their "next big thing".

Looking over the factions, it seems too soon to do yet more elves (much as I love elves). I also can't see them bringing in a fourth Dwarven faction at this point, although as always I would be happy to be surprised. Really Order is looking in quite a good state if they can get tomes out for the legacy factions. There are a range of options new and old, and plenty of room for expansion within the factions that they already have.
Chaos also seems to be in quite a good state. If books for Slaanesh and Chaos Undivided are really around the corner then all seven factions will soon be supported (Eight if you count Legion of Azgorh, which would mean an army for each point of the Chaos Star). Thus if they bring out a new chaos faction, chances are it would be completely new. Its hard to imagine what sort of possibilities might be left within that phase space, unless they unleash a new chaos god, but it could happen.

Death and Destruction feel like they are still bringing up the rear. They've had some great support over the last couple of years, but still have far fewer factions than the others. I feel like destruction has a lot of potential for expansion. Even having discontinued a load of stuff they have solid Orky and Gobliny offerings, and the potential for multiple contrasting Ogor armies. I still really like the idea of Gutbusters staying as the Classic Ogres, while Beastclaw and Firebellies provide two contrasting, elemental factions.

In the case of Death I think there could be a bit of a roadmap. Legions of Nagash provides the classic "Undead United" faction, from the earliest days of Warhammer. Then you have nicely contrasting Ghoul and Ghost heavy forces in the other books. So they could bring out books for Long Legged Beasties, and Things that Go Bump in the Night to round out the set! 

Alternatively I think they've got plenty of potential to expand Skeletons and Vampires, since those were classically to two main undead variations across much of Warhammer history. I don't think that we'll see Tomb Kings or Vampire Counts come back (awesome as a TK release would be), but I do think that there is a clear space in the warhammer phase diagram for those kind of armies to be expanded. After all, the three main ways to do an undead army have historically been; Necromancer with their minions, Vampire with their minions, and Barrow Wights/Mummys running amok.

Time will tell I guess, but I'd be keen to see something completely new.

37 minutes ago, peasant said:

Any chances un LVO they present a Newell's start collecting set for a lot of armies?

I hope it since idoneth, maggotkin humans, nighthaunt, new stormcasts still waiting for it 

I maybe as I said as well for skaven, and that can be a reason they still didn't show it

5 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Kharadron, Fyre, Ironjaws all in dire need of help. 

Kharadron placed very highly in the biggest AOS tournament in the world and came within inches of  beating the winning Khorne army with 3 Bloodthirsters which suggests people probably need to just play them better 

Edited by Nos
  • Like 1

I'd love to take a sabbatical from work, pour all my energy in AoS *cue Rocky style training montage of me lying on the sofa reading BTs & eating Doritos, straining to lift centre piece models etc etc* and then spend a year touring the world, playing in all the big tournaments and wiping the floor with a totally different nonsense fluff turned up to 11 list each time.

• LOVE IT! 1