The Rumour Thread

31 minutes ago, xking said:

Were those things ever alive?

If by alive you mean as a miniature then yes, they were the tomb kings ushabti, artificial constructs of bone, metal, stone and animal skulls, large reptiles, birds and jackals were the only ones we saw. A cool concept and the predeccesor in design to the Morghasts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

GW is doing a new years open day on January 5th. That will be the next event that has Aos news. Hopefully we will see a full moonclan reveal then. 

I wouldn't hold your breath for a big reveal.  Most of the open days I've been to have been things like new battletomes in a glass case (i.e. only showing the cover) or an expansion (like KT commanders).  That said, events are being run by different people now, so you never know :)

On 11/14/2018 at 5:07 AM, AshCrow said:

Because they are one of the oldest plastic kits and don't hold very well. Aesthetically they are great but they are much more static and most of their weapon choices aren't even in the box. Compare a chaos warrior with a stormcast liberator and you'll see how big of a diference there is not only in posability but in proportions aswell for two units that are supposed to be equals and even have the same stats in the game.

For me "static" gives them an air of quiet menace and cold discipline, where more dynamic poses would add too much emotion.

Ditto Executioners.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Yokai said:

There might be something revealed at the Warhammer World event 24-25 nov, but since it is a Vigilus Weekender it will probably be related to 40k. But who knows?

(Slaanesh Daemons is for both AoS and 40k, nudge nudge wink wink)

I've heard a Vigilus box containing Primaris vs CSM will be shown, including some new models for the set. Expect to see some Wrath and Rapture with a possible release date as well (the last bit is just personal speculation).

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

I've heard a Vigilus box containing Primaris vs CSM will be shown, including some new models for the set. Expect to see some Wrath and Rapture with a possible release date as well (the last bit is just personal speculation).

The rumor is: vigilus box with probably Primaris VS something, and maybe a new unit/kit for the primaris inside. But I'm very doubtful about this box is going out this soon. So, my guess: no vigilus box anoucement this soon.

BTW, with the 10 battleforce to be anounced super soon, the wrath and rapture already (partially) revealed, and moonclan already teased,  my money goes on those official anouncement.

Edited by GeneralZero
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

I was quite surprised they didnt do an Ork vs Primaris box, I know SpeedFreaks was the Ork bit of the Vigilus campaign but a basic Ork box would have sold well alongside the Codex.

3 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

For me "static" gives them an air of quiet menace and cold discipline, where more dynamic poses would add too much emotion.

Ditto Executioners.

If the torso, legs and arms you could replicate that pose and it would look much better. I'm sorry but a unit of warriors with tht exact same pose that can't separate their elbows from their torsos doesn't look cold or intimidating, it looks as if they were in a cramped train. Executioners do have very static poses, but they are far better and more menacing poses than the "I cant move my arms" chaos warriors.

If they do make a new chaos warrior kit, it should be like the chaos knights. Great aesthetic, modular so you can pose them however you want, have all the weapon options in the box (maybe add some special weapons like bloodwarriors or sequitors) and (I've mesured) the riders are as big as stormcasts. I couldn't ask for more.

Edited by AshCrow
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

Ditto Executioners.

The old mark of chaos cinematic trailer had chaos warriors surrounding the warrior priest, they moved slow, determined and pretty much silent apart from their crunching steps. Was pretty bad ass imo.

• Like 8

Hey not sure if this was common knowledge but it's the first time I've seen it. While poking around online I found this site that actually had a picture of the back of "The Rise & Fall of Anvalor" board game coming out. :https://gamezone.no/avdelinger/brettspill-nettbutikk/strategi/warhammer/the-rise-and-fall-of-anvalor-brettspill-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-138938-p0000068024

WEB_Image%20pic4382380%20-1908312916.Jpeg

Edited by BrownDog
  • Like 5

On 11/16/2018 at 8:00 AM, RuneBrush said:

I wouldn't hold your breath for a big reveal.  Most of the open days I've been to have been things like new battletomes in a glass case (i.e. only showing the cover) or an expansion (like KT commanders).  That said, events are being run by different people now, so you never know :)

At this years new year open day they announced the Custodes codex with a video showing the new models, and announced the Thousand Sons dex and the Legions of Nagash battletome. 

11 hours ago, Kronos said:

The old mark of chaos cinematic trailer had chaos warriors surrounding the warrior priest, they moved slow, determined and pretty much silent apart from their crunching steps. Was pretty bad ass imo.

It's an interesting thing to notice, but it also appears in the books like that too. Chaos worshippers go through a sort of blood crazed phase when they are totally overcome with chaos and they charge around like a maniac without armour. Those that survive and make it to become champions and true chaos warriors are often more stoic. They still revel in battle, but they are more controlled, more in tune with themselves and their chaos influence. Radiating power in a menacing form as they march forward, towering over mortals and encased in thick metal that would be impossible to lift for a regular human. Plus they revel in that power far more so than, say, a stormcast because the chaos warrior still has all their memories of their past, when they were a weak simpleton. Before Chaos came to show them the way, to empower them, to bless them with the gift of the gods 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Overread said:

It's an interesting thing to notice, but it also appears in the books like that too. Chaos worshippers go through a sort of blood crazed phase when they are totally overcome with chaos and they charge around like a maniac without armour. Those that survive and make it to become champions and true chaos warriors are often more stoic. They still revel in battle, but they are more controlled, more in tune with themselves and their chaos influence. Radiating power in a menacing form as they march forward, towering over mortals and encased in thick metal that would be impossible to lift for a regular human. Plus they revel in that power far more so than, say, a stormcast because the chaos warrior still has all their memories of their past, when they were a weak simpleton. Before Chaos came to show them the way, to empower them, to bless them with the gift of the gods 

You should read the Warqueen novella. You're going to love the blood warriors there and the difference between the marauder tribes and the real chaos warriors.

9 hours ago, BrownDog said:

Hey not sure if this was common knowledge but it's the first time I've seen it. While poking around online I found this site that actually had a picture of the back of "The Rise & Fall of Anvalor" board game coming out. :https://gamezone.no/avdelinger/brettspill-nettbutikk/strategi/warhammer/the-rise-and-fall-of-anvalor-brettspill-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-138938-p0000068024

WEB_Image%20pic4382380%20-1908312916.Jpeg

So no miniatures in this game, interesting (maybe that was already obvious  but not to me)

1 hour ago, Aleser said:

I will leave this here :D

46437290_10156886431679439_6308849333353578496_n.jpg

Its worth noting that this is the set of squigs which duplicates the sculpts in the Squig Herder sets. So its possible that they intend to keep selling the models, just not without the associated goblins. It will be interesting to see whether any of the other resin models vanish. The "Skarsnik" warboss is currently out of stock, but not listed as sold out for instance. Nonetheless, thanks for the tip. Its definitely time to order that squad of Squig Hoppers I'd been considering!