The Rumour Thread

So in light of the latest statement from James Workshop, I have found myself awaiting the final and most complete take-down of the scourge of horses to date.
James Workshop/Hbomberguy Anti-Horse Video when?

More on topic, I have heard from a few places now very vague rumblings that GW might be considering axing White Dwarf? Does anyone know where this rumour originated and how (hopefully) spurious it is?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ragest said:

Yes, because lumineth players had an army to play from 2015 to 2019 right?

Yes. Differrent flavours of high elves, which are clearly its inspiration.

Sure, it may be a Loremaster instead of a Loreseeker and similar translations, but many Lumineth had a direct predecessor that was killed off mid 2019.

Now I do think the last batch of Lumineth should have been released at the start, so Lumineth players weren't sqeezed with three rulebooks in a year (and expecting a fourth soonish after AoS 3).

Doesn't mean anything about the future though. If GW doesn't make models I like, I'll just go somewhere else. I will probably get the Lumineth Shrine, that looks like fun painting project that can easily have a place in many places in my house.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

Didn't the short story with the ogre and Mouth of Gork feature smaller vulture riders?

I'd bet on them getting some kind of DArK mIrRoR to the new dragon riders with those instead of Gnashtoofs.

I thought that there were smaller riders as well if not just smaller flocks of Corpse Rippas. Destruction is definitely in need of some more flyers.

10 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

*Happy Furnace King noises*

tenor.gif

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

Didn't the short story with the ogre and Mouth of Gork feature smaller vulture riders?

I'd bet on them getting some kind of DArK mIrRoR to the new dragon riders with those instead of Gnashtoofs.

they may have been the generic Killaboss version

9 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Oh, darn, looks like I "lost the argument"... No, wait, I didn't. I just argued that only the first wave, like you were suggesting, would have been too few options compared to other single-release armies that consist of only new (meaning no WHFB remains) plastic kits as well. And you are only assuming that Idoneth will not get a second release in the same way you are only assuming that Lumineth will get a third one before Idoneth and/or Orruks. Now I for one wouldn't have had a problem with less miniatures in the second Lumineth wave, since some things like the Calligraph, the Bannerblade or the Ballista feel a little lackluster.

Oh, I was trying to be diplomatic. Of course you‘ve lost it, only the other Lumineth players will agree with you. :) There are armies that got fewer kits (some of them in luding the old minis that got put into them) than Lumineth and had no „second wave“. Talking about that second wave (or first wave part 2)… even the release pattern of Lumineth are special favors… 🙄 

I‘m not assuming IDK will not get a second wave - I‘m saying they (and pretty much any other army with fewer kits) should‘ve gotten their second wave before Lumineth. Y‘know to keep things fair. Only exceptions should be the face (SC) and heel factions for each edition. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, MitGas said:

Oh, I was trying to be diplomatic. Of course you‘ve lost it, only the other Lumineth players will agree with you. :) There are armies that got fewer kits (some of them in luding the old minis that got put into them) than Lumineth and had no „second wave“. Talking about that second wave (or first wave part 2)… even the release pattern of Lumineth are special favors… 🙄 

On a slightly different note, and I mean this in good faith: would you mind being a little less condescending and sarcastic? 

I'm not trying to pin this on you alone but I know of at least one Lumineth player who has started to feel less welcome and safe on this forum as a result of all the vitriol against the faction. And I'm sure there are a lot of Stormcast players who have had similar impressions. 

Sure, being snarky all the time will earn you cool points from more toxic-minded individuals, but I think it hurts the discussion. And that's something that I need to pay more attention to myself.

• Like 15
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

With the Rumour of Gnashtoof Cavlary have we considered that instead of Kruelboy Orruks riding them that they may in fact be Hobgrots? 

I have a hard time imagining the hobgrots will ride gnashtoofs (gnashteeth?) as I believe it’s stated that the gnashtoof is described as being a swamp creature. If smaller gnashtoofs are coming I think they’ll be ridden by orruks, although a pack of riderless ones might be pretty cool too.

Within the Kruleboyz context the hobgrots are kind of auxiliaries and middlemen between the orruks and the chaos dwarfs, so I doubt they’d have Kruleboyz specific beasts. If I had to guess they might get wolf riders as part of a chaos dwarf army release.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2021 at 8:18 PM, Mutton said:

Like I said, it's up to the community to make it work. The whole idea is to get more organization in the conversations you want to be apart of. Prior, the Rumor Thread was a total mashed potatoes of ideas, off-topic, news, and other random conversations. It was incredibly difficult to parse, and honestly not worth the effort--I wasn't even reading most people's discussions because it was so all over the place, and all I really wanted was to see if anyone had heard any true rumors.

But as you mentioned, I'm not a mod, so you can do whatever you want. If people like the idea of a separate news thread and would like to cooperate in the endeavor, they can. It probably won't be perfect, but I think it's better than what we had before.

I appreciate the effort, and support it, however:

I think the discussion about the rumour thread being for rumours and rumours only, is as old as the thread itself. Problem is that this thread evolved into what I see as the TGA livingroom, Pub if you like. People come here to discuss basically anything that is on their mind, latest news, things they heard, things they are frustrated about ("GW doesn't understand me"), opinions,  basically what people do if they come together in a Pub, talk about the latest news, what they think of it, what they are exited about, complain about their job, about their wife, whatever. For many people this became a daily routine, and  I think it will be very hard to change this behaviour, unless you start moderate this thread heavily, but I doubt if anyone want to go there, I wouldn't make TGA the friendly place we all want it to be, I guess.

On the other hand I fully understand that for someone who is looking for more specific information i.e. if there are any new rumours, it is a pain having to scroll through all the random stuff he/she may not be interested in first.

Personally I think, that instead of trying to change this thread back into a rumour thread it is probably much easier just to create a new rumour only thread for this purpose. It probably still needs some people actively copy any rumour from this thread to the new one, and it will be definitely not as active as this one, as apart from the weekly Rumour Engine, we only see sporadic actual rumours that are worth to mention. Rumours like these of Grimdark we see only few times a year (max), I think.

For other topics, I guess we can do what we already do. Any discussion or news that starts dominating this thread, deserves a therad of its own. We create a new thread and continue the discussion there. This requires some moderating off course.

Just my two cents

• Like 2

Here's my two cents. I think a news thread is a good idea, but it should be just news and no discussion whatsoever.  Keep the discussion in here but also post the pics or links in the news thread.  It will keep that thread nice and short and easy to search. Quite a few of the posts in this thread are asking about rumours rather than sharing or discussing them. 

If people can just have a quick scan of the news thread to get up to date before they dive into the messiness of the rumour thread, that would probably help a lot. 

• Like 8

"I've been coming to this here thread for discussions, rumours and flaming of each others ungodly factions since I was a bairn back in 19-tickety-boo and nobody can dang well force me to read some new fangled news-thread-contraption, not even if they give it a shine and pave it with gold. No siree, I'll stick it out in this here mosquito-infested-mud-hut here in prime The Rumour Thread territory, looking for Gnashtoof cavalry 'till the day I die - or my name isn't Old Man Carnelian"

My brain, when considering the News Thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, xking said:

What's going on with the GW and why are so many people on YouTube losing their minds about it. I haven't watched any of the videos but I see them popping up in my feed.

GW is forcing the demonetization of the channels that make profit with warhammer animations so the only way to get access that kind of content is by joining their Warhammer + platform (hope I got it all right)

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, xking said:

What's going on with the GW and why are so many people on YouTube losing their minds about it. I haven't watched any of the videos but I see them popping up in my feed.

It's just mainly regarding an issue around their IP policy updates basically, which personally I believe is not a black and white issue, but of course as 'debates' usually go in our social media cultures nowadays, people just segregate themselves into echo chambers and rather than being open to discussion, all you have to do is throw an insult against the other side while ignoring the merits of each argument. 

TL:DR - GW updated their IP infringement policy which now includes fan animations. One past staff member from 5 years ago also discussed that they weren't payed adequately for their service, then wrote a further blog to clarify points. That is the objective truth of the situation. People should then form their own subjective opinion. 

Didn't even want to bring it up tbh but guess this is my only way to vent so sorry for bringing into the thread. This will be the only post I make on the subject. Just hate seeing the typical reactions to subjects and discussions nowadays and I'm so glad this forum didn't devolve into that. Absolutely love this community and forum and I love the people here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Here's my two cents. I think a news thread is a good idea, but it should be just news and no discussion whatsoever.  Keep the discussion in here but also post the pics or links in the news thread.  It will keep that thread nice and short and easy to search. Quite a few of the posts in this thread are asking about rumours rather than sharing or discussing them. 

If people can just have a quick scan of the news thread to get up to date before they dive into the messiness of the rumour thread, that would probably help a lot. 

For all its sins, that's what was done on the old Portent/Warseer forums, a reference thread that was just updates with no discussion. I think it fell apart because it was quite a job keeping it updated and because it inevitably left out stuff that was pretty much confirmed, like leaked images.