The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

What else can that be then?

btw, notice the shield? Interesting yet familiar design 

Reminds me of Kragnos' or the Banner Faces!!

Honestly these are exactly what I wanted from new Greenskinz!! LOTR style is the most spot on description for these guys. I love them. Depending on their range they may be my first AOS army outside of Sons and Mawtribes!! Gotta keep it in the Destruction family.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

also perplexed by how they think they can generate enough content for a full channel but i hope they pull it off! want to watch new stormcast cartoons at 10am every saturday with some sugary cereal

"Tired of bland, boring cereal?"

"Wow, the Celestant-Prime!"

"That's right, kids! And I'm here to tell you about new Sigmar-Os cereal! Sigmar-Os is forged to be part of a balanced breakfast, so you can grow up strong enough to stand tall before the God-King himself!"

"Wow! Tastes like faith!"

"And try new Sigmar-Os Oops! All Lightning!"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 11

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I'm guessing they'll have some sort of hobby-related shows as well. Content that doesn't cost as much to produce.

If they moved some of their twitch output over they could fill out more content.

Am I the only one who got the impression that Warhammer+ was being billed as more than just a platform for the animations? They repeatedly suggest that these are just one piece of what will be offered, and in my mind this seems like the perfect opportunity to roll-out a subscription plan for battletomes/codexes with other incentives sprinkled in to justify premium pricing.  I wouldn’t be surprised necessarily if it really is just a streaming platform, but if they’re going to start pushing their paper products into a more modern format this seems like a pretty natural fit.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

I was gonna say that as a joke, but now I'm seriously considering how likely it might be.

Putting content that’s currently free behind a paywall would suck, obviously. But I wouldn’t mind if we got more in-depth masterclass style paint videos behind a paywall, especially if they show how to do the actual box art.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Clif Blunderbrows said:

Am I the only one who got the impression that Warhammer+ was being billed as more than just a platform for the animations? They repeatedly suggest that these are just one piece of what will be offered, and in my mind this seems like the perfect opportunity to roll-out a subscription plan for battletomes/codexes with other incentives sprinkled in to justify premium pricing.  I wouldn’t be surprised necessarily if it really is just a streaming platform, but if they’re going to start pushing their paper products into a more modern format this seems like a pretty natural fit.

It would be cool if wh+ included subscriptions to the 40k app and inevitable updated aos azyr app (or whatever they replace it with)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NotAWzrd said:

They may do something similar to Duncan Rhodes painting academy, whilst keeping the simpler painting guides for Warhammer TV. Possibly include some battle reports from the WarCom team as well as the podcast / interview stuff. 

Professionally made battle reports would definitely be cool, especially if they went all-out with the production value. It'd be pretty neat seeing battles that use all that terrain that's only ever seen in White Dwarf backgrounds.

• Like 7

No offense to GW but unless their pricing model is £1 a month I wont be signing up. I bloody love Warhammer to death but when something like Netflix is, what £10 a month? What I wouldve paid for a ticket to Army of the Dead alone I cant justify the price for the content. 

PS. Watch Army of the Dead its incredible.

• Like 3

I'm cautiously optimistic with the new orc-goblins. The robed shaman look is intriguing me, and does kinda make sense considering that they've really put their religion front and centre in advertising material (worshipping Kragnos, the totems). But a lot of it will come down to execution, and this one fellow we saw might not be representative of the full army.

Warhammer Plus, meanwhile, not too positive on that one, I don't think it's a good idea at all and I don't expect it to stay in business for long.

Edited by ShyishBarry

Watching again the captions I think I saw something...

Is this a New ork with a flame thrower like old skaven?? If it is I would love it, Destruction needs a faction full of guns and steam-mechanical vehicles and toys to destroy. Chaos has Skaven, Order has Kharadron, death dont need it... GW let destruction have toys!

And for the left shoulder of the stormcast. Looks like a fimir head??? It has one red eye. In other pictures can see it more frontline 

Screenshot_20210522-235733_Telegram.jpg

Edit. I dont think so. Watching the trailer I think they are all the same. Is like 3 or 4 running from right to left :( I want guns

Edited by Hoseman

35 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Is this a New ork with a flame thrower like old skaven?? If it is I would love it, Destruction needs a faction full of guns and steam-mechanical vehicles and toys to destroy. Chaos has Skaven, Order has Kharadron, death dont need it... GW let destruction have toys!

If GW created a new faction of greenskins who use technology when Grotbag Scuttlers are right there, I'm gonna be very angry. I would still buy them, but angrily. I will put some angry emojis in the order's notes or something. That will show 'em.

Edited by Grotbag Scuttlers When
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been saying all year that GW have been cribbing off Disney with the MCU.

Especially with how quickly 3D printing is making ground now too, it was shaky to start with but the quality and availability of printers and sculpts is growing exponentially. GW are still very much at the top of the mountain but charging loads of money for stuff people will find easier and easier to get will become an unstable foundation in quite a short space of time I think. 

The GW universe will become less model bound and much more a case of if you want to be involved read the comics buy the supplements watch the shows *then* play the games. It will be designed to be all in. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Nos said:

Been saying all year that GW have been cribbing off Disney with the MCU.

Especially with how quickly 3D printing is making ground now too, it was shaky to start with but the quality and availability of printers and sculpts is growing exponentially. GW are still very much at the top of the mountain but charging loads of money for stuff people will find easier and easier to get will become an unstable foundation in quite a short space of time I think. 

The GW universe will become less model bound and much more a case of if you want to be involved read the comics buy the supplements watch the shows *then* play the games. It will be designed to be all in. 

The thing GW has that's most marketable, is giving a complete experience, from paints to novels to places to play (together with a very loyal fanbase).

I'm not sure if fracturing content that's essentially advertising behind more of a paywall is a good idea.

I will definitely not be signing up for WH+ unless there are variable subscriptions that you can package White Dwarf, Azyr, 40k app, and the animations together in different tiers. Maybe even adding their video game +DLC collection in as well...

There's just absolutely no way they can sustain animating enough to justify a separate subscription. Are all of these coming out at the same time for the opening of the service? Will episodes release weekly or all at once? Even if they release weekly, how long will the hiatuses be while new seasons are made?

Even if it's a packaged deal with Azyr, I'm sorry but there's just way too much 40k compared to AOS for me to justify paying even 2 USD/mo. And the 40k offerings are all Imperium minus one show... not really the best range of content there.

If the single AOS teaser is indeed the new Destruction faction, I like it. I think the troops will be classic feeling while supported by fantastical heroes and monsters

edit: WH+ should include ebooks as well if they really want to do this

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 3